Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
NAME: Rhett Wilder
BIRTHDAY: September 5th, 1926 (age 42, Virgo)
OCCUPATION: Ex-Automotive Engineer
HOMETOWN: Bee Cave, Texas
Took about 20 hours, did a bit of fixing.
Song is Catgroove by Parov Stelar.
This is the first flash animation I really actually finished, so lol. I'm glad its done, was a lot of work.
I used bitmaped text in some parts because I was having slowdown issues on my computer. Sorry for the inconvenience...
EDIT: Hey guys, if you want to upload my stuff to Youtube, just ask me, don't do it behind my back. I don't appreciate it when people put up shit behind my back without me able to have a say on it. :p
This is extremely impressive.
5 out of 5, 10 out of 10. Great music too. You made this in 20 hours? Impressive.
I really love this flash
It was an interesting music video, nice job.
PS I know you from deviantART, you left a comment on my Scout animation! :)
Very interesting for a flash that doesn't use any voices.
Thought the visuals were unique and interesting, would love to see more of that and the many different transitions and illusions you can do.
Tweening done right
Really liked the visuals, audio, story and how you gave life to (and sync'd) those. I'm no expert but here are some bits I feel you could have done better though:
- During the intro, when it zooms out from the "eye", at first I thought he was a robot with not much going into his head. The fact the thumbnail kinda reminded me of tarboy probably is a reason too.
- Also confused the white shadow (while he's running with his tools) for some kind of cheering character.
- At the end, when the text is scrolling, it felt like more could be going on in the background.
Still, 5/5, keep up the good work!
Thanks for your honest response!
1. Yeah, several other people had difficulty recognizing him as well! My father called him "a tin man". I think next time I make an animation like this I'll include more details in his shirt/body, and a bit more animation. I kind of wanted it to be simple, but there is such thing as too much!
2. I did this as a reverse-shadow, since the background was black. Even if it #330000 which I used for the second chorus, it still wouldn't be as strong.
3. True, I wanted to keep it simple for reading but as I said it could easily be too simple.
Thanks for the pointers and the honest review! I appreciate it. :)
guy drains his main vein.
The first episode of my original anime
Two Men Fight to the Death!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.