Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Use WASD to move, the H key to attack, and spacebar to jump. Pick up item and weapons to help take out enemies.
My first fighting game, hopefully you like it! :)
Gameplay and Design
- Finished all four levels. It gets monotonous quickly. There needs to be multiple enemy types, each with its own set of moves, as well as more moves for the player,
- Game's a bit easy, even on the hardest setting.
- I like all the names you gave the enemies. (:
- Consider adding an option to mute music but keeps the sound effects, in addition to muting both.
- I found that you can press P to pause. Unless I missed it, you should probably indicate that somewhere for the uninitiated.
- It looks weird having the character do a somersault from a non-moving jump.
- Don't make the visual impact effect take so long. It should be a quick flash of some sort.
- As far as I can tell, the player can't get knocked down, no matter how may times he gets hit.
- When the player passes the level, don't suddenly end it, showing a bunch of numbers. Provide some kind of fanfare.
Graphics and Sounds
- Nice old-school bitmap graphics. A few frames in the walking animations are missing from all the characters.
- When characters get up, they should have better looking animation. It looks like you just rotated some stances to get them back upright. (:
- Your control scheme was fine for me, but you may want to consider a setup for players who are better the other way around (movement keys on the right, and attacks on the left). Key configuration is always a good idea.
- There is a glitch with jumping. When you land, you are at a lower spot then when you started. If you stand still and just keep jumping, you will eventually get stuck at the bottom of the screen.
- There is a "z-order" issue with objects. For example, take the cones; in some areas, they are drawn in front of your character, even when it is clear that your character is closer to the "camera".
- Characters are still moving, even when it's paused.
- If you are running in one direction, press and release the key for the opposite direction (while holding down your original movement key), your character will "run backwards", haha! I thought I was on to somethin' here, but it looks like it's a little glitch. (:
Hope everything made sense. If not, let me know, and I'll send you a screenshot of what you need.
Otherwise nice game, soldier.
- Ziro out.
Thanks man! Nice review!
*Beat up cows with a lead pipe....Can check that off ma list
Not too bad, but nothing spectacular either. Real good for a first try. I'm sure the next ones will be way better.
Nice Fighting Game with retro optic.
You find yourself on a starship, adrift. The computer is counting down to something...
Shift tiles to the designated spots.
How fast is too fast?
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.