Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
This is my first flash game,write some comments for it.
Needs some more polish
The overall game seems alright, but you should go over it again and correct your grammar errors.
Sora is so damn weak no Limit Break really? i mean sora is supposed to be the main dude but he weak as hell
Needs Lots More Woek
I do like the old-school style RPG games, but if you're just starting out, it's best to use your own graphics, sounds, characters, and theme, rather than try and build off something as successful as Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, mainly because of certain... expectations associated with those games.
- Since you're using Final Fantasy 3 (I refer to the US versions) settings, you should _really_ use the "Active Time Battle" system, instead of static turn based.
- There are some flaws in the battle system logic. It seems that the enemies get two turns each round, as Sora goes, then enemies, then Riku, then enemies again. If this is by design, you _really_ should consider using an ATB system.
- I should be able to target who I want to cure.
- There are no damage/heal indicators.
- When following RIku, and you get to battle the one soldier, he is too difficult. One, he does more damage than you can heal, and second, after four tries of having Sora and Riku do attacks only, I still lost, and eventually gave up.
- WASD keys are fine, but you should also consider arrow keys for movement as well.
- During combat, since it is controlled by mouse, allow the player to dismiss the victor UI message by clicking it, in addition to / instead of having to use the keyboard.
Graphics and Sounds
- Personally, I do not condone the use of using ripped sprites and sounds in games. Use freeware media, collaborate with someone, or learn how to draw and make music & sound effects.
- Use a different font, preferably, something without serifs on it. I don';t know what font you used, but it looks similar to Times New Roman, which is not a god fit.
- I notice when I move diagonally, my character doesn't use his running animation. Also, when I stop moving, he always faces left or right, and not the directing in which he was moving (if I'm running north, and stop, he faces left or right, instead of north).
- Can't interact with all the NPCs in the town.
- When I complete the quest from the old lady, is there a reward for that? Also, I really should be able to walk out to the wild on my own time, and not just suddenly be out there fighting some bear, with the herb "right there".
- Sora's voice in his attack gets annoying quickly because it's used too much. Perhaps reserve this for some attack that's nopt used as much as a basic attack.
- When you are following Riku, screen transitions shouldn't be instant.
Your ambition is good, and I feel you may be biting off just a little more than you can chew, as this will required lots more programming under the hood, as well as game design for the mechanics as well as balancing the game. I wish you good skill on this project; you're definitely aiming high here. Not too shabby for a first game, though.
* salutes *
- Ziro out.
Uhh is it Kingdom Hearts?
The spites used and the title of the game do not mix. Next time, try an original idea.
Welcome to the theatre of your mind, Dale
ANIME-Y HIGHSCHOOL STUPID OTAKU ADVENTURE ACTION EXPLOSIONS YAY
Use your mouse to find a way to the exit. Grab the key first!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.