Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Play in Survivor mode for a more realistic experience where the need food and sleep will be added to your survival requirements. Or play in Run'n'Gun mode and blast your way to freedom.
It was about damn time for a good flashgame.
Normally I do not bother to even log into my Newgrounds account, but this game deserves the time to have a review written. With maintaining the art style of the other games, but adding in the new amazing RPG element, I must say this game is a true 10/10. What makes it a 10/10 in my books is the amazing change from The Last Stand 2 to Union City. One game you're behind a barricade praying that they won't break through, and the other you're enjoy a deep story and game that you wouldn't have known was a flash game until you remembered you're on Newgrounds. This game is amazing, enough said.
Great game. Needs a few fixes
Overall perfect game, I find myself playing this daily and enjoy every moment of it.
However i agree with STM1993's review about the game being buggy as well as others.
I've also noticed in your previous 2 games there was a lag issue at points when to much movement (Hordes of zombies flailing about) caused lag. Perhaps this is the time to upgrade whatever it is you make your games off of or take out something from the zombies to make them less laggy.
Im not techy the only problem i see is lag. Otherwise great game mate =D Been playing your stuff for years.
For the game it self 10.This defentely a excellent game.I hope see next serise soon.
For BUGs -1 (Like some thimes u just can not save u teammates ass by press "G".She still cry on flore whatever u press "G" how hard.Another bug.When on the day2 going in hospital game will give u that bizod outfit but if box alreald full before this.Then if u take some stuff out latter.Thouse things will DISAPPER?)
For the lag -1 (I died serveral times no suprise all cause the DAM LAG and my PC is E8200.And i already set the quality to low)
Love the game but hate the same old situ
Ive always loved playing the last stand games that you guys have made but ive always had one problem. Why does it always take more shots to kill a fat zombie than a normal zombie? Its not like extra layers of fat offer anymore damage resistance or absorb bullets.
Fun, but not very well thought-out and glitchy
Its a pretty nice zombie RPG and its fun to play; got me hooked, but parts of it are not well planned, the ending was a downer, and game's rather glitchy. I think we know what makes this game fun, so I'll get down to the negative aspects:
* I managed to unlock all 3 unique items: (Biohazard Suit, Battle Axe and Barrett M82). What I found weird about these unique items is that, they are all so bloody heavy, yet they aren't that fantastic. (more elaborated in the points below) Worse to know that the storage space is only 30.
* Apparently armor and clothing offer no extra protection against enemy attacks, so there was no point wearing kevlar, helmets and the biohazard suit, and so only serve to make you 10+ weights heavier.
* The Battle Axe was a very impressive blade weapon... but damage-wise a katana could do a whole lot better, and damage itself is better than having knockback in most cases, and furthermore the katana is lighter. Also, looks are deceiving: the range of a knife is no different from the range of a giant battle axe.
* The Barrett is one hell of a heavy gun (28 weight). I find it odd that an M24 Military has better stats than the Barrett, lighter and uses the more common 7.62mm rounds, with the only thing the Barrett being superior at is a higher rate of fire. Even if the Barrett is indeed the best Long Gun, automatics like the M249 SAW are still the best class of weapons; even the achievements are based on pistols and autos only, there are no long gun or special weapon achievements.
* I understand this is an RPG but... why do we have an accuracy system? I find it absolutely ridiculous when you can blast a zombie point-blank and it misses. You should just make zombies tougher and leveling the weapon stats only increase the weapon damage.
* The horde can fall from the ceiling at the weirdest places. You know Darnell (the quest guy who crafts stuff)? The horde can fall from the ceiling there, and also in Hank's place.
* If I replaced my companion, Hank will not be using his Hunter Compact but my original companion's gun.
* Open a menu, zombies are supposed to pause. But sometimes they can still attack you while you're viewing the menu. I died once and lost my first companion because of this.
* You can get glitched if you are grabbed by a zombie and the zombie gets killed by your companion; you'll be stuck there unable to do anything.
* There is a lot of redundancy in the game.
1) Honestly, do you need to sprint at all except at the very last part of the game? Plus, you can always get your fitness to a good 10-15 by reading some of those fitness books lying around.
2) Security? You'll get enough of those with the Night Watchmen books to unlock all the necessary locks.
3) Why do we have achievements that encourage people to do silly things like forcing locks and achievements that apparently contradict one another?
4) Shoving is pointless unless you are cornered against a wall, which will probably only happen when you get cornered by a horde, in which the best idea is to just save and exit (its the gear icon at the top right of the screen - you access the the menu and options there).
5) Search is useless. 13-14 luck is enough to get good crits and decent items. As for junk, you keep some of it for Darnell's quest, and then after that you can just manually dump all the junk.
6) Most important stats are melee, automatic, strength and smarts (early on for the books). You need melee and auto for combat, you need strength to carry all the heavy weapons. Note that you can't learn Special with books, and Special weapons are generally inferior weapons.
7) The weapons you earn from quests are inferior compared to the weapons you would already have.
I hope you would take into account these issues and make a really good sequel to The Last Stand series. This game is a good attempt at a zombie RPG!
An addictive and challenging simple math puzzle game
And so it dreamt.
Help Eddie get his watermelon so he can finally spend a nice and relaxing day at the beach
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.