Going back, one last time...4.59 / 5.00 74,973 Views
Detective Nwar untangles a massive copycat kidnapping conspiracy.4.39 / 5.00 5,030 Views
Joel runs out of shivs. Surley Ellie is not carrying anything that'll help him4.39 / 5.00 30,035 Views
(( Thank you, Newgrounds, for the Daily 5th, front page and very encouraging reviews! :D ))
(( A weekly third? I am deeply honored. Thank you everyone. :D ))
This is a music video I created for Valve's Music Video competition that ended more than a month ago.
Needless to say, I didn't turn it on in time. But oh well.
I finished it a couple weeks after the competition was over.
The due date was July 15th. I finished it August 6th. ._.
I had it uploaded to youtube weeks before today but have been wondering whether I should upload it to Newgrounds or not. Well, I decided to do so.
Using a combination of Stop-Motion Animation, Live-Action footage and After Effects, this music video was possible. (Special thanks again to my mother for creating the costume for my puppet.)
Hope you guys enjoy this video as much as I have enjoyed making it.
(PS: Thank you for Valve for holding to allow me to be inspired to create this video. Continue to make awesome games guys! (Like they're ever gonna read this...))
- Hae-Joon Lee
(If you want to see a higher quality version of it visit my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/fa ceofdoomness)
- Animated, Edited, Directed by: Hae-Joon Lee
- Puppet Costume Fabrication: Min-Ok Song (Mom)
- Song: "Exile, Vilify" by The National
- Based on "Lab Rat" by Valve
- Live action "Chell" footage and stills from: "Outside Aperture" by Eisen Feuer"
- Background textures and details from "Portal" and "Portal 2" by Valve
- "Chell" portrait by 2dforever
- "GLaDOS" concept art by Valve
Special Thanks to:
- My Parents
- Valve and the Portal Team
- "Loquacious K" for initial inspiration
- All my friends and family for their continued support :)
- Weighted Companion Cube!