Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Log in to save your medals! Don't have an account? Create one for free!
Based on the events of Herman Melville's novel, play as Captain Ahab and relive the final battle between he and Moby Dick.
Made for the 5th Game Jam in 72 hours with:
Art by: The Marvelous Tyler
Music/VoiceActing by: The Magnificent Suezo
And Code by: VicBiss
Arrow keys to move
Z to jump
X to shoot
The posters below me are pussies.
It's a good challenge and not too long and fun. The graphics are too basic but that's okay. Ignore the peanut gallery below me they don't know good games if they were slapped upside their heads with one.
1) If you throw 2 harpoons repeatedly, Moby gets the damage of 1 Harpoon
2) While Moby is attacking or respawning, it's invincible
3) Fix the shadow under Ahab, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I've got paranoid of shadows.
4) Throwing harpoons while jumping would help
5) Maybe making an achievement for harpooning Moby's eye? It's not easy to be done, also not that hard, but it's possible.
I can't believe I would ever go toe to toe with Moby Dick, the deadliest natural monster ever exist perhaps? The track was epic. But sometimes it's too hard to avoid attacks like Siamese water drops (2-3water drops stick together), & water drop follow up by a ram. The plain plank that is in between of the 2 spike planks should be removed or do something about it, it's hard to jump across them, especially when Ahab can jump really really far during Moby's bite chase. Sadly, after you played it once, Moby Dick is predictable. Good enough for 3 day work I guess.
Here's the attack moves
-Jump n Dive
Have fun creating an alternate ending :D
Thanks for the great review! But to answer your suggestions
1) It actually does hurt Moby, his health bar simply only changes every other hit you land on him.
2) This is true, I wish we would have had time to work on this a bit more.
3) It's there only if Moby is above you, falling down.
4) It's true that that might make the game more fun, however it would also break the game as one could simply stay in the water the whole time without a problem.
Again, thanks for reviewing! :)
great game! 5 of 5 and 7 - 10
theres a bug in the game where if you are behind moby where you get stuck when mobys attacking fun game! i like how its epic and yea moby takes alot of harpoons but he's frickin moby dick!!
did you make the other moby dick game?? one suggestion i would make is make the controls a little more fluid and your hit detection needs a lil touching up i'd hit him and then id miss even tho im in the same spot, also moby should look sad he should look pissed!!! when your hurting him
Thanks man :)
I know your quite new to making games tyler but thr interface needed a bit more work :P Like something to even identify more with the health bars would of been good.
It's.... Okay? A bit difficult, actually, but game play-wise, a bit standard..
An addictive and challenging simple math puzzle game
And so it dreamt.
Help Eddie get his watermelon so he can finally spend a nice and relaxing day at the beach
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.