Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
A Retro game: Retro Invaders!
Wow. Just wow.
Still more retro review
This thing stunk in 1982.
Needs LOTS of Work
I'm guessing you're just starting out. Nonetheless, here are some tips for you.
Improve your coding skills.
- Make the shots come from the top center of the player ship, not the left edge.
- As someone else suggested, add audio.
- On the instructions page, make the black area cover the entire stage, so there is no white remaining. Also, the bottom half of the words, "You have a 60 seconds!" is cut off.
- Tab and P keys don't seem to work.
- When you kill something, make the green puff disappear after a while.
- Make it so your player ship can't move off the screen.
- On the game over screen, when I move my mouse over the OK button, I'm getting the text-input I-beam cursor. Please change this so that it either stays as the mouse pointer, or changes to the hand cursor
Improve your game design skills
- Use a different font other than Times New Roman (or whatever this standard-looking, word processor font you're using).
- Stop putting "retro" in front of everything. "Retro 'A' key" just sounds silly. Which bring up another point: Why must we press "A" key to continue, anyway? What's so special about the "A" key?
- When restarting the game, cut all the extra scenes, and just get the player back into the game. - Remove the "a" from the phrase: it should say, "You have 60 seconds!".
- Why are the red and green aliens shooting upwards?
Lots of work ahead of you, but keep at it. (-:
- Ziro out.
More retro review!
I retro love it!
I believe the player ship is a tad too big, although the health bar is a step up from the original Invaders. The lack of sound effects and the lack of BGM was quite disappointing.
Unlock all of us!
As DD's story comes to a close, another looms from the not-so-distant shadows....
Blast at rockets with awesome graphics and music
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.