Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Super Mega Bot is a challenging and fun platformer. Put your platform skills to the test and work your way through 21 levels by avoiding spikes, lasers, bombs and other enemies.
Very Challenging game! Has good puzzle elements and also reflex and skill worked in. Music is fantastic but gets repetitive over the length of the game.
Nice game, but it was a 'bit boring and annoying gameplay.
sick and tired
of reviews by people who rate things down because they suck at video games.
I think it's a huge plus you made this difficult. For that alone it already deserves over a 4. There aren't that many hard flash games on NG anymore, particularly platformer-style, so this was refreshing.
I wouldn't play this if you don't like challenging games, it is pretty tough. But there are CHECKPOINTS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
it's good, but it could use some work. At the start it looked very fun. The graphics looked good, the concept looked interesting. After about 3 mins though I stopped playing for a few reasons:
1. The level of difficulty on the early levels is too hard. I can't get used to the game if there that many obstacles early on.
2. There's no way to avoid spikes. And I don't mean that I can't go to a platform with no spikes to avoid them, I can do that, the thing is that once you are headed for the spikes you pretty much can't avoid getting hit which makes timing grabbing points and advancing in the level a bitch.
3. Getting hit by spikes in weird positions. I got hit by spikes repeatedly while I never hit the top, I only passed by the side. Last I checked, spikes pointing up don't kill you if you hit them from the side.
4. An overall lack of good programming. The speed of your robot is relatively random it seems, sometimes it goes faster, and sometimes it goes slower than I'd like it to. I don't know if it's just me or it actually does change speed, but keeping speed constant would help with getting the timing right on certain obstacles.
5. Losing points when you die. I die so many times because of things not in my control it's just impossible trying to get a good high score.
6. Putting point "blocks" in bad places. I'm all up for the challenge of getting more point blocks, but when you put them on top of spikes, with another row of spikes above you, there's no way to not die in that situation, because like I said before, you can't avoid the spikes on top, so even if you get the points, you're just going to die anyway.
7. Too-small and Too-big hit boxes. Like I mentioned before, the hitboxes for the spikes are too big and the hitboxes for the points are too small. It seems hard to get timing right when bouncing in between 2 floating bombs, and trying to get points off of spikes with more spikes above me. That's just overkill, and if I miss the points because of the small hitboxes I have to go through the whole thing again, because it's basically an auto-death if you miss.
If a lot of these things are taken into account, this could be a great game. However, the crappy programming, overall excess of difficulty every which way, and lack of any clear tutorial on helping to get the hang of the game make it repetitive, hard, and almost unplayable.
I love the soundtrack for this, could you please
Post it? Okay bye the way, I love the music.
Physics platformer with time-portals. One place - two times and different level geometry.
Help Chase find new love
Defend an arctic base on the frozen moon of Jupiter
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.