Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
It's hammer time!
* Aerial / Tree Defenses
* Overall design
The bad ...
* Laggy (could be due to Firefox...seems 3.6 is laggy since they've switched to having flash run as a seperate process). The lag would cause you to miss, or hit the edge of the screen and scroll it causing a miss.
* Controls (a press of A/D would sometimes move you WAY too far.)
* Soil Defenses...these are about as useful as a tick on a dog's ass. The Kame Hame always fires when I don't need it, and never when I do. The Fly Trap narfs 1 enemy, but never seems to make much difference. The moss seems to help, but not as much as just pumping up the shooter defenses instead.
* Hammers ... I just never bothered to upgrade after Smith Hammer. I let the automated def's take care of most stuff.
* Upgrading is Expensive...gems are spread too thin
* Enemies do a CRAP LOAD of damage...2 spiders ate 650hp on my tree in 5 seconds
* Hitting with your hammer is sometimes a chore
* Waiting around for the next wave of enemies is boring (and when they spawn...whoa, the lag)
* No quality control to help with lag situation
Overall, it was enjoyable, but the aerial enemies are just too much of a pain, and the ground defenses don't pull their weight for as expensive as they are.
Firstly, alot of people say they can't get past level 4, I did have some problems with this, however after about a minute the final enemy came, so It's nothing TOO dramatic, but obviously still needs fixing.
Now my review, overall the game was very entertaining, kept me busy most of the morning, the graphics were adaquate, nothing to fantastic, but alot better then most other games.
I also liked the Elemental weapons, however I failed to see how they differd, does the fire hammer do any more damage than the ice hammer? Or affect certain enemies differently?
Would be something to consider.
Also, after purchasing the fire hammer, I could simply stand at the far left hand side and keep clicking the mouse, which would - more often then not - create a continues wave of the special attack.
Very few enemies actually made It onto the screen after learning that, maybe make It so the special can only be activated If you actually hit an enemy, and not just random chance on mouse click.
Finally! when trying to hit someone on the edges of the screen I ended up moving further away from them instead of actually hitting them, due to the auto scroll, I don't see how this can be fixed, but I thought It was worth a mention since It really annoyed me at first -_-
Nevertheless a very good game, and good luck with your future projects!
Wew. I was already going to rate it 4/10 with bad comments..
I thought I was stuck on LEVEL 4. Then suddenly 1 random green worm appeared.
I killed it. Then advanced. =_=
I guess it's broken. It takes too long for the last worm to come out.
Graphics. Not Bad.
But the scrolling controls seems buggy.
A good game, but a bit unbalanced. In the early few levels things are pretty straightforward, save your gems for the 800 gem hammer, then rock face for a few levels because you're golden. Super Easy.
By the time some of the mid-levels come around, upgrade to some basic stem defenses, and get the auto-heal. Super Easy.
Nearing level 15-20 you should have all the auto-defenses, just perhaps not fully upgraded yet. Work on that after you by the Earth Hammer. Attack the lead enemy in any wave with the earth hammer. If it procs, you've pretty much cleared everything out. Super Easy.
By around level 25-26, you should have Mjolnir. The enemies take a sudden jump towards the difficult, and EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE SO FAR EXCEPT GET MJOLNIR IS RENDERED NEXT TO POINTLESS. Everything's maxxed out, but the only thing that hurts enemies significantly is a proc from Mjolnir. If you're unlucky for too long, and it doesn't proc, then you lose. Also things are VERY laggy by this point in the game.
All and all a solid effort, but I think it could be tweaked for the better.
Great Game! Great Tree! Cool graphics! Fun Game!
An epic, colorful and fast-paced arcade game
Make your way to the next level by creating constellations!
bullet hell with a unique absorb mechanic
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.