Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
I wanted to build something confrontational, that would engage players to give thought to what they are doing both in and out of game.
The result is 'Loved' - a short story in the form of a flash platformer.
1. It should be much easier to perform precise drops now
2. Resurrecting inside walls should no longer be possible
3. Slope-related glitching should no longer occur
4. Added a small secret
This is a dark, moody platformer and I thought the message / story was very interesting. I'd love to see more things like this, maybe a sequel?
AWESOME GAME!!!!! But what the fuck just happened????
Had to play it twice...really
got both endings...the game is incredible for being so simple...I didn't even notice the world change the first run through if I listened to the voice
Please keep up the good work
Its a great game, but it messes with your mind so much!
Many thoughts. Multiple interpretations!
1) Religious theme - the thing (I mean the mutual voice) controls the surroundings based on your performance - either beautiful for the obedient (heaven) or ugly and disordered for the disobedient (hell). Touching the statue, getting forgivness - catholic redemption concept. Taking lower path - humility. Jumping into the pit - sacrificing yourself for faith, maybe something remotely realated to Abraham and Issac concept. "Do not move!" - can't think of actual realation to the concept of catholic god. Excited and frightened choice - after death there is meant to be a new joyous beginnig but we still fear death, also the idea that god is forgiving and kind but also wrathful at the same time: "Psalm 103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him". Do not fail - pretty self explanatory I think. And the ending when you take a coin? Maybe you wanted to tell that everything goes in circles? Faithful become disobedient (the coin refers to the fruit of eden?).
2) A story of one sided love. Someone is trying to use you, to make use of the fact that you love that person. If you obey him/her surroundings become all beautiful and interesting. If you disobey the thing starts to show impatience and thus his/hers true colors are reveald, which are quite disturbing and scary. Touching the first statue - the thing tries to elude you to think that he/she is kind and considerate. Taking the lower path - often the desire to use someone else is brought by the desire to be above someone, thus when the thing tries to use you, he asks you to take lower path, for him to feel superior. Jumping into the pit - well the thing wants to show off to others that he/she completely owns you, and asks of you to perform a futile and humiliating action. "Don't move!" - no idea here too. "Do not fail" - perhaps the thing has an important task that needs completion, he makes you think that if you fail you will be discarded and if you succeed you will be rewarded. If you fail and stop listening, then the thing shows you that he is weak without you and begs you to stay. If you succeed he rewards you with a coin - that is money, that shows the things actual cold heart, because money compared to compassion and love is worthless, but the thing thinks that this reward expresses him being pleased better than love ever could.
Both interpretations are possible I think. I can't really decide which of those seems more true to me. But all in all this flash definetly looks into love and the thin line between "Love and sacrifice" and "Blindenss and slavery".
Physics platformer with time-portals. One place - two times and different level geometry.
Help Chase find new love
Defend an arctic base on the frozen moon of Jupiter
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.