Context? Context is for casuals.4.04 / 5.00 14,182 Views
Hexagon Puzzle Game3.96 / 5.00 12,454 Views
An old style, pixel-art noir adventure, inspired by classical point-and-click games.3.85 / 5.00 7,771 Views
Tired of waiting? Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account, you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even greater impact on submission scores!
Transcripted is the first small project of Alkemi. Something we did mostly to prove to ourselves and others that we could wrap up a relatively small game prototype in a short period of time. While working on some bigger things, we will surely produce other similar concepts and improve them over time.
THE GAME :
Your main goal is to disrupt a chain of some kind of strange DNA by creating groups of 3 or more elements of the same color . Sounds boringly familiar ? Well, there's just a catch : you'll have to do this while playing a shooter at the same time. Destroy biological hostiles, retrieve color cubes and aim carefuly.
As a small disclaimer, I'll just say that Transcripted may seem to some (maybe a lot) a bit hard. It's a weird mashup between a casual concept and a more hardcore one. A damn lot of action for a puzzle-game, a lack of weapon upgrades and boss fights for a classic shooter (though it may have some one day). The challenge is somewhere between the two, being able to plan your moves ahead of time, jumping from one invulnerability to the other...
You're in control of an advanced nanobiological defense system.
- move around with the keyboard [DIRECTIONAL ARROWS], QSDZ or WASD (whether you chose azerty or qwerty)
- aim with your mouse
- shoot by keeping your left mouse button pressed
- switch between your 2 weapons with either your mouse wheel, [CTRL] or [SPACE]
If you've picked up a cube, the next time you shoot you will launch the cube in the direction your pointing at.
When picking a cube the following will happen :
- you become invulnerable, you cannot collide with hostiles or bullets
- you become invisible to hostiles which will cease all activity
- you are slowed and unable to collect any other cube or bonus
- the next time you shoot you will launch the cube in the direction you're pointing at
- your energy gauge is fully refilled but will be consummed over time until you launch the cube
If you're energy gauge reach zero while you're carrying a cube, it will disappear.
As soon as you launch the cube or it disappears, you lose your invulnerability, you recover your normal speed and hostiles start to move again.
- Do not lose your time destroying hordes of hostiles and focus on the chain if you have cubes at hand.
- Use the invulerability offered by color cubes to move around freely among crowded stage.
- When approaching the limit try to always keep a cube at hand to spawn a Time Bonus (or more) when under 10 seconds !
- Cubes are a precious source of energy to use your electric bolt more often.
- Do not wait for combos to happen, create them from scratch if needed !
- Though it's not obvious at first, the best bonus of the game is by far the speed bonus reducing your movement penalty for carrying a cube. Go and get some with high level combos !
Have Fun !
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.