Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
New version with sound, without ad, and some other small improvements
I agree with green Castles comments for the most part. I did not find the easy level to be difficult (I found it easy, as it should be). Though forgetting one of the rules could make it impossible (or at least improbable) to win. You do have plenty of blank space on the level it wouldn't hurt to have the instructions posted durring the easy levels. Buttons both to return to the main menu and to clear the feild would be nice.
Much (i don't know maybe even all of it) of the music on newgrounds is open license which means that you can use it so long as you give the author credit. There are also open license sounds available at a variety of sites on the web (often there is a source you can site for the sound) or you can always make your own sounds. And I really don't think anyone would piss fire if you used/modified some of windows sounds for your game.
That said, the game is bland. I think some color would be more appealing than sound, but that is just me.
Also, as I said, I didn't have any problem with the easy level, that being said when I got back to the menu I came to discover their is only easy through easiest. Are you going to work on more difficult levels?
Keep up the good work, or at least the whole hearted trying.
I understood the concept of the puzzle, but this flash just isn't polished enough. The lack of polish combined with the difficulty of the game made me put it down.
- even the "easiest" level is very hard.
- why is there no navigation to get back to the menu once you've started the puzzle? No way to reread the instructions? Was this playtested by anyone before submitting?
- there's no way a game this size should take this long to preload. Are you trying to run an ad? There's no way to justify putting an ad in a flash like this.
- no music or graphics, nothing else to create an atmosphere or hold our interest
- there are text fields inside your buttons which turn the cursor to a I-beam which means your buttons aren't symbols like they should be... it doesn't affect gameplay but it just shows laziness and should be avoided
This shows a nice concept for a game - should be way more polished and start out easier if you want to make it addictive.
Hi GreenCastle, thanks for your review. This is my first flash game I have ever made. I made it mainly to test stuff.
1. difficulty - wow, and I thought that it was extremely easy and wanted to create 7x7 square. I will work on difficulty.
2.a back to menu button - you are right.
2.b it was tested by a few of my friends, non of them had been as helpful as you
3. I put the ad there just to test it
4. I am not musician, nor graphics designer and it is very confusing whether I can use free stuff
5. text fields - right again, I didn't know about that
Defend your planet against green rabbit and his evil minions.
The path of GemCraft continues, bigger and meaner than ever...
Amazing defense-Idle game with Kittens!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.