- rated 3.75 / 5 stars
- 15,718 Views
- Share Links:
Credits & Info
- Oct 18, 2009 | 2:40 AM EDT
- File Info
- 528.3 kb
- Daily 3rd Place October 19, 2009
If you liked this, check these out!
Note: This tutorial is written for AS2!
First off, I'd like to inform reviewers that Newgrounds categorizes tutorials and games as the same; if you were expecting this to be a game, you're wrong!
This is a rather detailed tutorial on my new platform engine. It involves acceleration, deceleration, sliding, jumping, gravity, walls, and two different attack types! There are a few glitches, but provided you don't change the variables too much, you should be fine. I explain every ActionScript word once, and fully explain all of the phrases and lines. RECOMMEND FOR TUTORIAL COLLECTION PLEASE!
- EDIT: Daily 3rd?! Woohoo!!!
- EDIT: I get a common question asking how to add enemies. My old and shitty Real-Time Battles tutorial covers it, so go check it out!
- EDIT: I've also gotten requests on how to make a V-Cam. This is also fairly easy; just paste this inside the first frame of a Movie Clip (make the Movie Clip the size of the screen):