Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Everyone's favorite Turtles are back to take on Shredder, Hun and the evil Foot Clan. :)
The ambush part is tedious, they barely drop any health and ooze is to be needed in most areas. 8/10 It is a good game but needs work. I like the special moves and how Rapheal's and Casey's go in a straight line.
great game, i enjoyed playing it and level 14 left me on the ass end of an ass kicking. but eventually i beat it. i only have one reason why this isnt a 9, and im sure its an easily fixable one and it really isnt a big deal, but it did make me take a lot more damage than i should have on level 14.
when i do the shell slam (bowser from smash bros.?) i sometimes would accidentally land on top of the enemy while i was blinking. this wouldnt be a problem except that my attack range cant hit them if their too close to me. it would reach past them and i ended up taking 1 or 2 more hits before i could finally get to the proper range.
that rare occurence aside, this game was great. a helluva challenge, but a fun time beating it
Really fun game
The game is fun, but hard with a few flaws. The enemies do alot of damage but are easy to kill. Also I faced a glitch when facing super Shredder. He just kept studdering there while doing the aerial kick and I just kept hitting until I killed him.
The game has plenty of flaws that should have been looked over before submitting.
The gameplay seems really dull; The turtles have all the same fighting moves, and it isn't much, nor are there impressive. Seems more like fighting moves of idiotic caveman than of a ninja. I'm rather surprised that they all have the same exact fighting styles and they all use only one weapon. 'Cause Leo supposed to have two katanas, Raph should have two sais, Mike should have two nun-chucks, and Don should... well, actually Don is fine. But, their fighting moves should be totaly different from one another; after all, they are using different weapons, and they should each have their own special attacks. And depending up which turtle you are playing with, each of their special attacks requires a special combo to do, much like in Street Fighter. But, the turtles aren't the only one's that are suffering, the A.I is also rather bad. I kind of hate how just touching them without them attacking you seems to damage you, and it's kind of bothering how these guys can't seem to jump over a small wooden box. You can jump over it without a double jump, why can't they? and the standing ones can't seem to duck, while the lying down ones can't seem to stand. Seems pretty stupid, don't you think? This makes the shuriken throwers very avoidable; since they don't move or duck, you can practically just hold down the duck button and have all the shurikens go above your head. Not to mention the lying (These guys shoots darts with a bambo straw) down ones don't seem to move other than change direction. Also, there should be more going on screen, 'cause there really isn't enough that makes the action tense and exciting. The gameplay is also just way too hard.
The graphics are the only good thing I see here. I find the graphics to be very impressive; the detail is rich, the background looks great, the character sprites are spot on, it's colorful and at the right tone, and the animation is also pretty spot on. But, it does suffer from slowdowns. 'Cause at times the game may freeze for a very short period of time, especially when you are moving. Seems kind of sad, 'cause I have actually played games that actually looked much better than this and even they run with better performance. Strangely enough, this problem seem to have started after the first time I closed the game and reopened it. When it comes to the comic like cutscenes, the turtles seem rather fat to me. Also, I think the original April O'Niel should have been used; she's much hotter. Also the artwork in the comics look rather dull, and could have used more work. A more talented artist should have been used for the comic artwork for sure.
The sound is also another thing that needs work; there isn't enough going on the for music, and the music really isn't all that great. the sound effects seem really weak, and there really isn't much going on for sound effects, either.
Good Game. Needs a Little More Tweaking
Pretty good platform game. Don't see too many of these anymore. And you were "approached" by Ubisoft!? Not bad.
- It gets a bit repetitive, although I finished the game. There needs to be more content. The Turtles, while they have the special attack and the "shell attack", I think they should've had an the ability to toss some Shuriken or something. I also think they need some kind of upward-based attack, when those flying machines are coming at you from an angle.
- The AI of some of the enemies could have been better. Later in the game, you can just spring one of those "trap" platforms, and watch them all fall down to their doom.
- I think the ability to wall jump was introduced a little too late. Furthermore, this is where throwing something would have come in handy. When wall jumping, you're basically defenseless.
- The game was a little slow in my opinion. I'm not talking about performance (it ran well); I mean it was just poking along... needed to have a little more "action", if you know what I mean. Kind of goes with the lack of content note made earlier.
- The wall-jumping was nice, though. Felt like I'm play Ninja Gaiden!
- Could have been better in this area. It's difficult to attack enemies when they're on both sides, because basically, your Turtle is "frozen" while attacking. You should at least be able to get _some_ kind of movement, or speed up the attack animations.
- You should mention Spacebar for jumping, unless I missed it.
- Having variable-length jumps would be nice, too. Holding the button down longer would make your Turtle jump higher, while a light tap produces a small jump. I saw a few places in the game where that would have been helpful, such as on Lvl 13.
- When your Turtle is moving down a slope, or lands on a platform that is moving downward, he should stay "attached" to it, instead of making those little jumps. That didn't feel right to me. Hope that made sense.
- Very nice retro-looking artwork here. Kudos to the Wendorf and Janes.
- Sound effects could have been better, especially when destroying machines. I expected a more ominous mangling of metal parts and explosions, instead of those simple "pops".
- The music was ok, but gets repetitive after a while. I eventually muted it. The compositions were alright.
- The advertising was excessive, and in my humble opinion, once is enough. Definitely a shameless plug here, but I'm guessing you had no control over that.
- There are a few glitches that I experienced with muting audio. In the menu, there are separate options for muting music and sounds individually (which I think is a GREAT idea - I wish more games did this), there is only one mute icon in the lower tight corner of the game, and things get kinda messed up:
1). When I mute the music, I can't unmute it;
2). When I change the options via the menu, the icon does not reflect this change.
So, I'd say, either create a second mute icon, and have one for music, and one for sounds, or just remove the icon altogether, and fix the "unmute music" issue.
- There is also a collision glitch with the orange ground that you're supposed to avoid. Try this on Lvl 13. If you stand next to it and jump straight up, you'll get hit. Doesn't seem right to me. A similar issue occurs with the trap platforms. If you touch one from the side, instead of landing on top of it, it'll open.
- I also did't like how the position of your Turtle is instantly "reset" after you fall or touch the orange ground. There should be a delay of some sort, and/or have the screen actually scroll back to the "reset point", THEN place your Turtle. Hope that made sense.
- There is a glitch with Shredder on Lvl 15. When he did his jumping dash attack, he got stuck, and I beat him with a simple 34-hit combo.
Again, good game. Just fix up the glitches and rough edges! :-)
Whew! I got 81 characters left.
- Ziro out.
There is no game. Trust me. DO NOT PLAY!
A bonus episode of an anime-inspired series about an otaku turned dooms day survivor!
Time to find this Wizard of OZ.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.