Based off of Electronic Art's 2008 game, "Dead Space."
PLEASE READ THE "EDIT" SECTION BELOW BEFORE YOU PLAY.
Includes only one level so far. I tired to keep the characters/weapons/animat ions/etc, as close to the actual game as possible.
WARNING: Frame rate WILL drop. I made this at 12 FPS. I have not fixed it. Doing so, I will have to go and re-calculate the animations. The drop is not bad, just expect some lag.
Also, turn up the brightness on your computer. You will need it haha ;]
Adding the newground pre-loader kinda messed up my Main Menu. So just be aware of that if you see it flicker or something.
Other than that, enjoy my version of the game!
It is my first Flash game, created for my Game-Prototyping class, so don't expect crazy pro stuff lol.
Hold S: Punch
C: Bring up Current Health
SPACE: Activate Items
Movement: Arrow Keys
© 2008 Electronic Arts Inc. EA, the EA logo and Dead Space are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
EDIT: I understand the problems the game has.
1. It's at 12 FPS. And I created the enemies in Flash, so flash has to re-calculate the coordinates of them EVERY second. If someone can tell me how to convert them into BITMAPS, I can solve that issue. It's mainly with the enemies causing the slowdown.
1. You cannot move and shoot.
2. Even if the enemies are on you, you cans till shoot them. Keep trying. It has lag cuz of the enemies slowing down the game.
3. You see those red signs? Press "SPACE" while over them. That will let you advance more in the game.
4. I have NOT added a stage constraint to the RIGHT SIDE of the level. Don't go past that. Read above post.
5. Enemies too fast? Use STASIS.
6. Cannot see health? Press "C" to bring it up. Let go of "C" to take it down.
This game has a learning curve to it. Don't expect to do good the first time. Learn the controls well. It is a VERY easy game if you slow the enemies down and/or stand ---> shoot.
I'll fix up the problems. But for the meanwhile, follow those tips.