FOR A FAST,FAST PLAY:
1. Forget everything explained in the tutorial.
2. Use ARROW keys to move and A key to shoot.
3. Don't press space bar and don't touch the mouse.
4. Follow the BIG BLUE ARROWS that appear on the screen an you will find mother virus.
You will have to destroy mother virus and protect your mother cell in order to keep the health of the human body.
Two modes of control the white cell army:
- Heroe Mode:
You control one white cell unit with ARROW keys,A button to shoot and space bar to zoom in and out.
- Commander Mode:
Take the brain control and give the proper orders selecting by area the cells you want to give orders and selecting in another area the goal of the cells.
You can select these kind of orders depending the destination area you choose:
* Attack Mother Virus: You select an area where is the virus mother.
* Protect Mother Cell: You tell to keep near your cell mother and protect it.
* Attack virus unit: You select an individual virus unit to attack.
* Follow cell unit: You select an individual cell to follow.
* Go to position: You have selected an empty area where the unit will stay.
It may seems and strange control, but It's easy to get used. Remember if you touch the keyboard you control one cell unit(Heroe Mode), if you move the mouse you switch to Commander Mode.
In settings you can set up the game's difficulty (EASY,NORMAL, HARD, CRAZY), by default is set up to NORMAL.
-If you are killed in "Heroe Mode" you can turn off the transition to the nearest cell pressing space bar or "A" key.
-Try experiments like:
* Follow the leader: Make that all the white cells follow your controlled unit. Feel that the army is following you into the battle.
* OverProtect your cell mother: Make that all the unit to protect the cell make while you alone can handle to destroy alone the virus.
* Kamikaze attack: Send all the white cell units to attack,... leaving your cell mother alone :(
Finally, I want to thank the great art done by Helder Rodrigues.
(UPDATE) Thanks for the feedback. I didn't feel that the pause in zoom in and out was so annoying. Now there is no pause and you were right, the game is more fluent.
(UPDATE 2) Really thanks for the front page and thanks for the feedback.
About the commented lag it was deliberate, because the frame rate must be slow down in order to have a chance to avoid the enemy shoots in Heroe Mode.
About the zoom in and out, I spent a lot of time trying different approaches, and I thought that it fitted well, but I recognize that will be good to give a chance to the player to enable/disable it.
About the shoot, the unit shoots go in the direction of the nearest enemy unit, it will be really difficult for the player to enable 4 extra keys to control the directions of the shoots (up,down,left,right). But, It would have been good to configure the shoots for the players had a chance to configure the controls in the way they like.