Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Make simple art better- with pictures, talking and animation to show you what it looks like. Then Dragon & Spirit style interactivity to explore more ideas and, of course, a quiz to find out what you remember!
thanks that helped a lot. I guess I need to improve my buttons!
Thats what I want - people to be inspired to learn, imporve and DO!
improving for 2008? so so so...
what could I say.
you yold me people says that you speak so slowly and I think they are write.
even if foreign people want to see it I think the rythm of your voice must be more fast because, even if we don't understand everything, it will maintain the attention.
BUT!!! (there is a but) it's we don't understand everything so, I think, the best thing to do is to put a box somewhere in the screen for the subtitles and a button to pass to the next paragraph (where I look an english flash cartoon it's my favorite way to understand).
for the draw, personaly, I think there's a lot of differents kind of draw and the way of doing shades that you show is not my favorite so I think you must show 2 or 3 different way to do it.
I think to put the menu in the beginning could be a better Idea and different section for the tuto but not like the others (symbols, action-script etc...)
something like: background (where you talk about sky, symbols...) shades, spécials effects ...
To finish, I think it's really necessary to show all the screen to explain all that you explain.
I hope I helped you
Thanks, wb, this is useful feedback. I may indeed make some changes along these lines.
Good tutorial, room for improvement
So, overall I liked this tutorial, if everyone read it almost no submissions would get blamed. However, since you are planning on resubmitting it I'm going to focus on how I think it could be improved.
1) I felt like it moved a bit slow overall, maybe it was just the fact that most of the information wasn't new to me, but I felt like the text and the narrator went very slowly. I would re-narrate it, a little bit faster and a little bit more passionately. Also, as someone already suggested you should have arrows to allow people to skip ahead if they've already finsihed reading the text.
2) Although the information provided was good I felt like their somehow just wasn't quite enough. I know this is supposed to be a very basic tutorial, but I think if you included a few more advanced ideas, like shading or 3-D drawing perhaps that would also help get it a better score.
3) I think you should spend a bit more time on the car scene, it would have been nice to see you go further in making it better, maybe making the car shrink as it goes closer to the horizon, add reflections to the cars wind shield, or add spinning wheels. I donno I'm just throwing ideas out there take it or leave it.
4) Perhaps you should create a main menu and then break the tutorial into several different sections it would allow authors who were only looking for a particular part of the tutorial to access it.
These are just a few of my ideas, I hope that some of them where helpful :)
Thank you very much for the thought that obviously went into this.
1. This is perhaps the most important thing to reconsider. The pace is a very important part of the overall impression, but if I change it, other people may like it less- although the score was a dissappointment two people have fav'ed it (no-on I know!) and the review score shows that for those who are interested in help at this level it is what they wanted it to be.
2. More advanced things will go into AI2. I have been offered help from Versucha and Skaijo on that, but I can't do advanced stuff anyway!
3. I don't quite get this cos the car shrinks to around 10% of its starting size. Maybe I will try these other things- I have never done!
4. Since you can go straight to the main menu at the end and scene select from there I don't think I will change this one, but in AI 2 I may put the main menu at the beginning, as you say.
You have clearly grasped the main thing I was aiming for- to get crappy noobs to do the basics so they could pass judgement. Not everyone seemed to get that!
Wow, i thought the scoring would b atleast a 3 + ... mmm wierd i thought it was good XD i give joo a 5/5 XD
Well, its a tut. A lot of people are fed up with tuts. Some people think my voice is too slow and boring, but I made it very clear, so other people find it useful and so far 2 people have fave'd it!
though i know most of this stuff already, im sure this will help with many animators
I hope it will.
Violence 2? Intriguing
What’s inside this box? A lot of puzzles! Can you solve all 30?
Use the mouse to navigate menus and to queue and cancel robot actions.
Made for the Adventure Jam 2016!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.