Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
This wacky adventure makes fun of white poeple,
black people and racism, but mostly makes fun
You play the role of an idiotic white farmer whose
gun has been stolen by some of the terrified black
people in the neighbourhood.
Terrified of you, your gun, and your chicken.
kind of hard... but good...
the graphics were good... was kind of funny...
not your best job... but ok
Yeah, I would really like to delete this, but this one person has it as one of his favourites and he doesnt respond to my plea to remove it so that I can get rid of this. This was my first game ever, and basically just one big personal joke between me and my friends. A lot of people found this offensive and very racist, but they dont get the inside joke. Anyway, thanks for the review.
Hey man, its me again
That was randomly hilarious. nice funny voicing.!
Heheh :) My oldest submission. This was fun to make. Thanks.
perfect game for me im random, funny, and i love guns. i loved it. (that smokesuit thing was good too) =) keep on doing this kinda stuff, its hilarious!!!
Thanks! Glad you liked it.
You can be sure to know that
if I submit anything in the
future, it will be different
than any of my previous
submissions, like they all
Wow. That was unexpected. That's why I like newgrounds, you can see what a crazy Southafrican living in Finland can come up with. I enjoyed it all, especially the ending. In a review response you mention that you have to work on your drawing skills but I think for this game this style fitted really well. It helps the idea not to take the whole thing seriously. I must add that for a first game you throw out some solid actionscripting there. A little faster will be nice though, juuust a little bit. Very enjoyable overall.
Yeah I agree its a bit slow. The main focus was the humour, and Im just glad I made you laugh. Thanks for the review. It was very useful.
Political games kick arse
If only the other people who've left reviews for this game could realise that the reactions they've had to the racism in it are the reason you made the racism a feature.
A few criticisms...
1. In the "how to play" screen Jared can jump, but then you can't jump to avoid getting hit by the running pig. Is that intentional?
2. The music is incredibly repetetive and annoying. I understand that this is to try and keep filesize down by using a loop, but it really does grate. Maybe an off switch for the music?
3. The motion feels very limited. It's probably not necessary to have a wider range of motion for the purposes of this game, but you do feel very restricted with just the horizontal motion, particularly when there visually appears to be a bit of room on the Y axis for Jared to move. You could have easily made it possible for him to have a range of three vertical steps, reverting to the profile view after taking a step up or down.
4. The car that comes down the road drives straight "under" the chicken, when it should probably be running it over.
I also didn't like the illustration all that much. That's a style thing though, and purely an opinion-based comment. The guy on the tractor is drawn in a different style from the rest of the characters, and the health display is dynamic text instead of being graphical like the rest of the written elements, which could be seen as consistency issues.
A few things that make this game a winner (IMO)...
1. I love how each character has a different reaction for each comment Jared can make. His range of comments is a very clever comedic device.
2. The storytelling is really well done, thanks to the above-mentioned feature coupled with good writing for the characters.
3. It's a (reasonably sophisticated) political game, employing satire to make a very strong point!
4. There's at least one interactive element on most screens, making it a lot of fun to play. I enjoyed the scarecrow in particular.
Overall, great work!
To finish on a brief personal note, you might find that Quiet Falls has something to offer along similar lines to this game's political message if you give it the time of day.
Hey, thanks for the in-depth review. Glad you enjoyed this game! Its my first game, so I know its imperfect, but you CAN jump over the pig as well as other enemies and bullets, I find it pretty easy and I did it A LOT while testing. I agree with you on almost everything, especially the tight movement range. Hopefully my next game will be better and you will be able to move around on the y-axis as well. I'm also working on improving my drawing skills, but I think this is pretty well done for a first game that is basically one big joke. Oh and about your very first comment... YEAH! EXACTLY!
An addictive and challenging simple math puzzle game
And so it dreamt.
Help Eddie get his watermelon so he can finally spend a nice and relaxing day at the beach
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.