Tired of waiting? Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account, you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even greater impact on submission scores!
Credits & Info
- Nov 7, 2006 | 3:43 AM EST
If you liked this, check these out!
*To solve your scroll problems, please click Pop-Up when trying to view.
**The gray screen at first means it's connecting. The preloader will appear after a few seconds.
1) Enter "newbiechat " to ask for help if you get stuck. If an administrator is on to help, they will answer your questions.
2) Amitoune is a roleplaying game, and there are rules against names that are incompatible with the game theme. Please choose your name carefully. At any time while connected, you can type "suggest" to display a randomly generated name that will be acceptable with our rules. Here are some examples of excellent names: Aeetes, Nuala, Ianthe, Izol, and Altarus.
3) As soon as you enter the game, you will still be in character creation. Please read the beginning text carefully, as it explains how to continue. The idea is that you move down and choose your characteristics as you go.
4) When you are finished with your session and want to leave, type "quit" before closing the window. Otherwise, the game will think you are still connected and you can still die.
5) If you die, first enter "stand" to stop resting, then type "recall". Next, find the morgue by typing "beacon". After reaching the morgue, type "getcorpse" to have your corpse brought before you; then get your items.
6) If your pet dies, take its corpse and bring it to the pet doctor. You can locate the pet doctor using "beacon". After you are at the pet doctor, type "resurrect corpse".
This is the first MUD client to ever be made in flash. We focused on customizing for the MUD itself, which means lots of special features you don't find on other clients: health bars, quick buttons, and greatly improved clickable interface for commands. It also supports color and sounds, and we might add features later such as fastwalking (this is only the first version). Overall, this project has taken two people over two months to complete and has required over 6,000 lines of programming in C++ and in actionscript.
If you get tired of the in-game tutorial and want to see the actual game, go west from the Cruach and say explore. If you have trouble figuring out what to do, type help or click on Help -> Help. Also, you can use the newbiechat command to ask for help; if someone else is on and feels like it, they will answer. Remember: lines in the text area that are underlined are clickable; this will save you from typing alot, but you will still have to type in some commands.
1) The filesize is small because it immediately loads another .swf file from another location. This is required in order to get past actionscript socket restrictions.
2) If the colors annoy you, you can turn off color parsing under options or you can configure the colors typing the "colors" command while connected.