I REALLY APPRECIATE REVIEWS. Let me know how you got on. If there's anything in particular you enjoyed or disliked, let me know that too. I respond to all.
7 all-new levels. Easy, up to hard. But hopefully everyone will be able to complete the game if they want.
Turning v0.2 into v0.3 took 4 hours.
Instructions, tips and to-do list below.
Click to power up the fan. Blow all orange critters into the portal simultaneously to pass each level. Avoid holes and triangular enemies.
There is a known bug of critters getting stuck in a block. If this happens, click the 'auto-fail' button to restart. You won't be penalised.
Tips - Don't just keep the mouse button held down. You're better off using the fan in little bursts as it's fairly powerful.
- All enemies home into one of the critters. If you work out which enemy is homing into which critter in level 7, you can use that to your advantage to get past that level. They're fairly stupid, just moving at a critter in a straight line.
Tweaks in this version
- reduced 'bounciness'
- reduced fan power
- touching the critters with the fan no longer kills them.
- sort out 'block-sticking' bug.
- experiment with enemy movement patterns (responsive and independent of player movement.
- experiment with different fan strengths and friction levels to see what works best as a default.
- introduce a border round the entire play-field.
- modularise the code for critter/enemy movement
Actual graphics. bgm and sfx will be added for v1. Before applying the 'wrapper' though, I still have to sort out the game mechanics.