Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Taipan 3000 has long been a popular game on PsychoGoldfish.com, but I was never really satisfied with the artwork, sound, and gameplay.
This is the long awaited revival of that classic, with all new graphics, story elements, all new combat engine and more!
Sorry about the debt due date glitch, it seems to be fixed now, but it may take a while before you see the changes since this movie has had so many views and needs to be manually verified by NG staff.
I notice a lot of people freaking out over the debt.
Dar Ghul is a loan shark. He only charges 3% per day unless you are late on a payment, then he jacks it way up and starts sending bounty hunters after you.
Tip #2: if you start with the 5 guns, you can sell them right off the bat for quick cash. As long as you use the smallest ship, you are too small of a target for pirates to care about.
and finally, I'll leak out ONE cheat code:
set your comapny name to 'pimp my ride' and you'll start with the best ship and a ton of guns that you can either sell or fight with.
...but its pretty bugged wen i had a frieghter class a i noticed that trionium was free so now i have like 10 million or sumthing and like the review before me :this would be a good game if the bugs werent there
P.S.wat is the goal of the game? plz tell me okay?
Damn good fun
I love games like "Elite", "Frontier" and "Privateer". You basically put these commercial games to shame. Anyway, there are a few bugs I came across while playing.
- During the course of the game, Some items would become 0.00 in price.
- A slight glitch with the story system. If you can't pay Balharg the $50,000 for the chip, and then come back to him later with a damaged ship, he goes back to being a repairman. Never fixes the chip. Can't progress in the story.
- You can borrow negative money. Dar Ghul owes you money!
- After Loading a game, your Hold size becomes 0, instead of 600. You can't move anything into your hold.
- You can move negative values to and from your hold. It can increase the amount you have of something, also can negative the space used in your ship. You can take more items or hold more drones - But it stuffs up the battle system.
Two improvements I'd like to see.
- Travelling from Planet to planet is a bit boring. Maybe if you Overlay a star map to show your progress, it might make a bit more sense.
- Option for faster Battle sequence. Without the firing animation. Or even don't even do manual battle, just let the computer fight it out.
It'd be a nice game if....
This game has a HUGE glitch in the money system. After about 90 days common goods and trionium become completly free on New Terra. Its a shame something like that is ruining a possibly great game.
Best game on NG? certainly one of the most in-depth. A full 10 for interactivity.
My head asplodes with the amount of coding this would have taken...
great graphics at end never thought of what his race was intill he was at end (Black) and graveyard and such final words thank you for playing (Your welcome)took around an our and a half to complete.
There is no game. Trust me. DO NOT PLAY!
A bonus episode of an anime-inspired series about an otaku turned dooms day survivor!
Time to find this Wizard of OZ.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.