Credits & Info
- Apr 13, 2004 | 2:06 PM EDT
- Daily 2nd Place April 14, 2004
If you liked this, check these out!
Plenty more like this here!
** Note: My old site 'maelstormm.com' is gone. New one is 'legacymaelstormm.com'.
Please read the comments below. Sorry about the 8bit-ish graphics, but they are the only ones appropriate given this games sheer size. Lastly, if you run into a problem with the keys, speed, music, graphics, stages, etc, USE the information link in the game!
Note: Recently (2008) I've found why the games speed runs inconsistently. Sadly, this ones to far gone to fix it. There will be a Remix version of this one out sometime far in the future to fix all that stuff and improve on the game engine like I have done in Megaman Next Remix. Also my normal website has gone from being maelstormm.com to legacymaelstormm.com and is being rebuilt slowly.
Arrow Keys = Move, D = Attack, S = Jump, A = Dash, E = Special, ENTER = Crusher, BACKSPACE = Pause.
- The game is best played with a gamepad or joystick. See the details at this link for easy steps to do so:
- You may need to set this to low-quality to help speed it up, or high-quality to slow it down.
- Despite the title, this is NOT a Megaman game in the traditional sense. It plays the way I like it (fast and furious with auto-jump/dash) rather than Capcom's style. Please don't expect a game engine like Capcom's because that was NOT my goal for this.
- This is a full length game (actually 4 of them). If you don't practice or aren't good with platform games you will be killed.
- If this version runs slow for you, there is a stripped down low-quality version on my site. If it runs to fast for you, try opening a few programs in the background to take away some resources.
- MMXN is a sidestory to my comic "Rick's Adventure : Legends" and is not part of the Capcom universe.
- The intro stage link on the title will take you to the intro level.
- The demo link will take you to a practice room to get familiar with the characters and controls.
- A metric ton of information is presented in the 'Instructions' and 'Info' section on the title screen. As well as links to the ability list and strategy guides.
- Since this is a real game, don't expect the bosses to roll over and die for you. They WILL try to kill you to the best of their ability. This a game for those who are good at fast & aggressive platform games.
- This fella has 6 unique playable characters, 28 Abilities, 4 Different Storylines, 4 Different Difficulty settings, 21 Little baddies, 8 Maverick Bosses, 4 Final Bosses, and 4 Story bosses, 13 Normal Stages, and 5 Bonus Stages all crammed into 4200k. So the sound/picture quality had to take a bump down to make it fit. That's also why it's not done in 32bit graphics/sound because of space restrictions.
- To prevent people on lower systems from cheesing through the game and getting credit since it runs slow as a snail, only WinXP, Win2000, and Mac9+ can get credit for beating the game. Others systems can play through the entire thing, it just won't give you the cheat codes for beating it. My apologies to all this affects, but it's in the name of fairness.
- Wade / MaelstormM