00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Note Parameter Send

1,183 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Note Parameter Send 2008-11-26 17:21:39

Either I'm not looking hard enough, or I've created an ingenious idea.
What if in FL there was a feature in which you can edit certain notes of a channel on the piano roll to be sent to certain inserts in the mixer.
Say you want the last two notes of your synth to be delayed. just create an insert, and edit those notes to send to the insert with the delay in it, whilst they still carry the effects of the insert assigned to the channel, and all other notes that are unedited remain in their default insert assigned to the channel.

Is this feature existent? Or is there any similar feature? Or am I just dreaming this up?

BBS Signature

Response to Note Parameter Send 2008-11-26 17:29:25

Response to Note Parameter Send 2008-11-26 17:30:56

At 11/26/08 05:29 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Here they'll help you.

*excuses self*
I misread something I thought it said 'Wasn't there a feauture', so I thought you were asking help.
once more, excuse me for being to lazy to read >.<

Response to Note Parameter Send 2008-11-26 17:33:52

At 11/26/08 05:30 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 11/26/08 05:29 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Here they'll help you.
*excuses self*
I misread something I thought it said 'Wasn't there a feauture', so I thought you were asking help.
once more, excuse me for being to lazy to read >.<

Haha no problem, I found something that works, but it's unstable, editing events in pattern. It can work for light stuff, but you can easily make a mess out of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Note Parameter Send 2008-11-26 17:37:22

There's no feature like that that I know of. You could just put a delay on the whole thing and automate its input level when you want the echo to appear.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Note Parameter Send 2008-11-26 18:14:27

At 11/26/08 05:37 PM, Rig wrote: There's no feature like that that I know of. You could just put a delay on the whole thing and automate its input level when you want the echo to appear.

That's pretty much what I'm doing right now, Thanks ;]

BBS Signature

Response to Note Parameter Send 2008-11-27 04:23:50

Welcome to the wonderful world of automation. just made a delay FX track, bus the piano part to it, and mute the FX track until each part you want played. Then fiddle with teh star/stop to make it sound good. Voila!

-Joel

- email jrhager84@gmail if interested in voice acting/ music/ production/ mixing etc. -

BBS Signature