Be a Supporter!

NG Vegetarian Community

  • 32,054 Views
  • 777 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Hey guys, I sort of forgot to tell you that I was going to Chicago for like five days. So uh, I went to Chicago and now I'm back.

This is related to vegetarianism because I had some of the most badass vegetarian meals ever. Lots of pasta.

At 12/20/08 06:26 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I don't know yet what I'm eating for christmas. Gonna try to buy some silk egg nog stuff. If I can't find that I'll just get their chai stuff.

silk nog is SO badass, I think I'll get some today.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 07:33 PM Reply

At 12/21/08 04:30 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
At 12/20/08 06:37 PM, kittenclock wrote: Drum roll please... I made a vegetarian art thread for everyone http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1007 577.
hmm.. too bad it was deleted before I could even view it..

He posted the sig he made and then a few people complained about the crappiness of the thread and said his sig wasn't artwork.

At 12/21/08 05:00 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: Hey guys, I sort of forgot to tell you that I was going to Chicago for like five days. So uh, I went to Chicago and now I'm back.

This is related to vegetarianism because I had some of the most badass vegetarian meals ever. Lots of pasta.

Find some good veg restaurants did you? I rarely have luck with going out to eat. Sounds like you had a good time in Chicago, right?


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 12/20/08 03:31 PM, MICHhimself wrote: I'm having a hard time figuring out wether you're being sarcastic here.
2 possibilities:
1) You think animals are stupid, and are therefore sarcastically agreeing.
2) You really agree, and you just say people are stupid for thinking that.

Please tell me which one, sorry for being dumb.

Yes sarcasm.


BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 21st, 2008 @ 10:39 PM Reply

At 12/21/08 07:33 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Find some good veg restaurants did you? I rarely have luck with going out to eat.

Yeah, but you're vegan. I'm a vegetarian, and a lacto-ovo vegetarian at that :P

Sounds like you had a good time in Chicago, right?

yes and no. There was a little drama between me and my ex. she is my friend, we're on good terms and stuff. but still, it was weird for numerous reasons. I'm not gonna explain here, but if you're like dying to know about teen drama i'll explain in a PM or something.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 12:17 AM Reply

Did you guys hear about this gothic cat thing?

The one through the neck particularly disgusted me.

At 12/21/08 10:39 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 12/21/08 07:33 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Find some good veg restaurants did you? I rarely have luck with going out to eat.
Yeah, but you're vegan. I'm a vegetarian, and a lacto-ovo vegetarian at that :P

Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 12/22/08 12:17 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Did you guys hear about this gothic cat thing?

The one through the neck particularly disgusted me.

): poor kitties

Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr

Why would you eat at BK in the first place?

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 12/22/08 12:22 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr

Why would you eat at BK in the first place?

I wanted to show support for their efforts to provide an option for vegetarians and it was right across from my school. I didn't eat there often or anything, but I did go over there a few times. Plus, a cute girl worked there.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 12/22/08 12:48 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I wanted to show support for their efforts to provide an option for vegetarians and it was right across from my school. I didn't eat there often or anything, but I did go over there a few times. Plus, a cute girl worked there.

yeah but why would you want to support such an awful company blahhhhhh

oh, a cute girl you say? i understand now :P

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 02:40 AM Reply

At 12/22/08 01:10 AM, Vrejvax wrote: bleh, what the hell. I get banned every week and deleted every month, but ffffff I guess that's what alts are for!!

Oh, you just admitted to being a naughty rule breaker!!!! Gah!

I've been a vegetarian for a bit over a year. I basically live off cereal and bagels, mainly because I can't be bothered to actually prepare food.

I hear ya. When I get lazy, here's the kind of stuff I eat:
taro chips
sammich
simply asia vegan noodles
rice with soy sauce
noodles
fruit-apples,banana, orange, strawberries, or kiwi usually, mmm and my favourite, mangos!
baby carrots
cooked broccoli or corn
hummus or pate with crackers

Damn it, now I'm hungry and we don't have any food here. >:(

And sometimes I'll make a bunch of pizza or bean burritos or something and freeze most of it. I do that with soup, too but instead of freezing that, I just keep it in the fridge and it will last about a week or two.

and whoa, since when did any fast food restaurant have any vegetarian options? the last time I got fast food, it was at mcdonald's, and I had to get a special order. chicken wrap without the chicken or something. it was basically a wrap roll or whatever with bad cheese on it. ugh.

Bk has the burgers I mentioned. Taco Bell is a pretty good place to go to, you just make your own food up. I've got a good thing to get from there, but I can't find the recipe thing, so sorry bout that. Then there's always my favourite, Subway. They've got the veggie subs which you can get without cheese if you don't eat that. Mmmmm bread and veggies. My school had hummus subs which were the same as the subway ones, but with delicious hummus. Also, if you're at a pizza place you can get breadsticks sometimes.

Watch out for pizza hut though, I hear their sauce has meat in it.

Also, don't eat twinkies, guys. It's got beef oil as an ingredient. I was curious once and read the box while at the store.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
kittenclock
kittenclock
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Also, don't eat twinkies, guys. It's got beef oil as an ingredient. I was curious once and read the box while at the store.

I don't think you should eat twinkies in the first place.


.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 10:45 PM Reply

Got back from the store. The first grocery store was out of silk nog, but three were left at the second store I went to so I GOT SILK SOY NOG!!! Yay! I'm excited.

Oh, and my brother was supposed to start eating vegetarian today but he went to school and ate meat so he says he's starting tomorrow. He better actually do it because I bought food for him to eat that my sister and I wouldn't necessarily get.

Mmm I also got some delicious pate'.

Oh, have anyone of you gotten any family members or friends to stop eating meat after you did?
My sister went veg after I did. Now there are actually a few vegetarians in her grade because of her, and her best friend is pescetarian but used to eat chicken and turkey.

At 12/22/08 05:00 PM, kittenclock wrote:
Also, don't eat twinkies, guys. It's got beef oil as an ingredient. I was curious once and read the box while at the store.
I don't think you should eat twinkies in the first place.

Well, I agree with that. But I thought I'd mention it since it's not a place you would expect to find meat.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 10:45 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Oh, have anyone of you gotten any family members or friends to stop eating meat after you did?
My sister went veg after I did. Now there are actually a few vegetarians in her grade because of her, and her best friend is pescetarian but used to eat chicken and turkey.

My parents are semi-vegetarian now since they cook for me, and don't want to cook separate meals. That's about as close as it gets.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 12/22/08 10:47 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: My parents are semi-vegetarian now since they cook for me, and don't want to cook separate meals. That's about as close as it gets.

Oh, you are lucky! I had to cook all my own meals and make my sister food when I changed my diet. It's cool because even though your parents still eat meat, they eat less meat now!


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
kittenclock
kittenclock
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 02:29 AM Reply


Oh, you are lucky! I had to cook all my own meals and make my sister food when I changed my diet. It's cool because even though your parents still eat meat, they eat less meat now!

Dude that sucks you have to cook your own meals, since your parent's aren't vegetarian's. Here's a sad face for your sacrifice :(


.

Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 03:18 AM Reply

Ok guys and girls, I have to go on a ski trip with mah family (YAY) and I wont be back until X-mas day.
So the job of leader is up for grabs for the first person to post and take the chance.

The job is until X-mas.

BBS Signature
Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 03:29 AM Reply

At 12/22/08 12:17 AM, Sensationalism wrote:

Poor kitties.


Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr

Ok, ill let you stay in the club.

Last post before I leave.

BBS Signature
kittenclock
kittenclock
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 12/23/08 03:29 AM, shabbo wrote:
At 12/22/08 12:17 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
Poor kitties.

Oh. Fun fact: I ate BK's veggie burgers for a while until I found out they used eggs in them. grrr
Ok, ill let you stay in the club.

Last post before I leave.

I posted first I am the leader *evil laughter*, anyways (I eat eggs I just don't eat, fish, cow, pig, chicken, llama,goat, and all other animals) BK is evil why would you go there?


.

BlackTundra
BlackTundra
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 01:56 PM Reply

i wish iwould of posted sooner to b leader :'(


BBS Signature
Neptunus
Neptunus
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 05:08 PM Reply

I'm a vegan, have been so since I was thirteen. Next August I'll have been a vegan for five years. Not bad, that. Preceding that time, I had been weaning myself off meat products, ultimately eating only sea-animals for 1-2 years or so before going vegan.

I think it's a positive thing that there's a vegetarian community here, people really do have to open themselves up to the fact that vegetarianism isn't a strange thing. At the risk of repeating this already stated here (I haven't read the entire thread), I remind people that it's mostly in the western world that meat-eating is so abundant and regular.

I eat no dietary supplements, and I have no nutritional deficiencies at all, in spite of living in Iceland - not best known for its fresh produce. Take that, nay-sayers.

kittenclock
kittenclock
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 12/23/08 05:08 PM, Neptunus wrote: I think it's a positive thing that there's a vegetarian community here, people really do have to open themselves up to the fact that vegetarianism isn't a strange thing. At the risk of repeating this already stated here (I haven't read the entire thread), I remind people that it's mostly in the western world that meat-eating is so abundant and regular.

Another club member, as leader until the 25'th I must give you a high five for joining. *holds hand up ready for high five*


.

Neptunus
Neptunus
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 08:56 PM Reply

*reluctantly prods the hand*
I'm not much of a high-fiver, but the gesture is appreciated.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:54 PM Reply

At 12/23/08 05:08 PM, Neptunus wrote: I'm a vegan, have been so since I was thirteen. Next August I'll have been a vegan for five years. Not bad, that. Preceding that time, I had been weaning myself off meat products, ultimately eating only sea-animals for 1-2 years or so before going vegan.

Congrats, I've been vegan for about the same amount of time. I never really ate aquatic animals, so the last meats I ate before stopping were chicken and turkey. Things progressed from there.

I think it's a positive thing that there's a vegetarian community here, people really do have to open themselves up to the fact that vegetarianism isn't a strange thing. At the risk of repeating this already stated here (I haven't read the entire thread), I remind people that it's mostly in the western world that meat-eating is so abundant and regular.

I agree. I think it's a great thing. Lol, isn't it funny that we have more meat-eaters in the west and more obesity and heart problems? Hmmm

I eat no dietary supplements, and I have no nutritional deficiencies at all, in spite of living in Iceland - not best known for its fresh produce. Take that, nay-sayers.

Same here, minus the Iceland part. I don't get why people assume that if you're vegan you need to be taking supplements. It's pretty likely that vegans need supplements less than normal meat-eaters because vegans are more aware of their diets.

Welcome to the community!


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 25th, 2008 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 12/24/08 01:11 AM, RKThrilla wrote: I wish I could force myself to be a vegetarian, but I just love meat, plus I weigh 110 pounds so if I got off the meat, I would probably weigh like 95 lol :D

Meat, lol. Dirty thoughts.


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 25th, 2008 @ 01:53 AM Reply

At 12/23/08 11:54 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Congrats, I've been vegan for about the same amount of time. I never really ate aquatic animals, so the last meats I ate before stopping were chicken and turkey. Things progressed from there.

My last meat meal was a horrific frozen chicken and rice burrito from school. Gave me the shits.

At 12/24/08 01:11 AM, RKThrilla wrote: I wish I could force myself to be a vegetarian, but I just love meat, plus I weigh 110 pounds so if I got off the meat, I would probably weigh like 95 lol :D

I was 120 when I went vegetarian, and I went down to 115, but now I'm up to about 120 again.

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 25th, 2008 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Hmm I can't remember I lost any weight when I became vegetarian.

Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 26th, 2008 @ 06:27 PM Reply

I had some trouble getting home so im back now.


BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 26th, 2008 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 12/26/08 06:27 PM, shabbo wrote: I had some trouble getting home so im back now.

Because of the snow? How was the ski trip?


The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 27th, 2008 @ 03:24 PM Reply

At 12/26/08 11:15 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/26/08 06:27 PM, shabbo wrote: I had some trouble getting home so im back now.
Because of the snow? How was the ski trip?

Not good, I broke an arm and an ankle. My GF broke up with me.
So yeh it sucked.


BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 28th, 2008 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 12/27/08 03:24 PM, shabbo wrote: Not good, I broke an arm and an ankle. My GF broke up with me.
So yeh it sucked.

Wow, I'm sorry. I just got broken up with a couple months back, so I guess I can relate. Again, I'm really sorry about that.

Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community Dec. 29th, 2008 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 12/28/08 10:36 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 12/27/08 03:24 PM, shabbo wrote: Not good, I broke an arm and an ankle. My GF broke up with me.
So yeh it sucked.
Wow, I'm sorry. I just got broken up with a couple months back, so I guess I can relate. Again, I'm really sorry about that.

Why are you sorry? But thanks for being so nice :).


BBS Signature