New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-24 23:59:28 Reply

At 9/19/09 11:29 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: So I've been a vegetarian for a year, now. I don't remember the specific date, but I know it was mid-September.

Good for you welcome to the club.

BBS Signature
Punkboyben
Punkboyben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-25 00:15:00 Reply

I've been veggie for 5 years now. Has anyone had any really bad bullying experiences for being vegetarian? My worst was being pinned down and repeatedly slapped with pieces of raw meat. Anyone else?

Ink

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-25 00:31:40 Reply

At 10/24/09 11:59 PM, shabbo wrote:
At 9/19/09 11:29 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: So I've been a vegetarian for a year, now. I don't remember the specific date, but I know it was mid-September.
Good for you welcome to the club.

uh i've definitely been a member since this club was first created

Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-25 12:47:54 Reply

At 10/25/09 12:31 AM, D3NTATUS wrote: uh i've definitely been a member since this club was first created

Sorry bout that.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-25 14:48:50 Reply

Hardcore. Congrats.

At 10/25/09 12:15 AM, Punkboyben wrote: I've been veggie for 5 years now. Has anyone had any really bad bullying experiences for being vegetarian? My worst was being pinned down and repeatedly slapped with pieces of raw meat. Anyone else?

I'm sorry, but that made me lol. I've had beef sticks thrown at me. And I've been made fun of verbally quite a bit. Other than that though, I don't think so.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren! Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-25 15:20:01 Reply

At 10/25/09 02:48 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 10/25/09 12:15 AM, Punkboyben wrote: I've been veggie for 5 years now. Has anyone had any really bad bullying experiences for being vegetarian? My worst was being pinned down and repeatedly slapped with pieces of raw meat. Anyone else?
I'm sorry, but that made me lol. I've had beef sticks thrown at me. And I've been made fun of verbally quite a bit. Other than that though, I don't think so.

Nothing too extreme. My brothers made fun of me at the dinner table basically every night for about 3 months, sometimes to points where i got so pissed off i left the table. At the same time, the people who sat at my lunch table at school during that time did the same thing. They weren't even my friends, just assholes. I haven't gotten any shit since about early June 2009.

eh.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-25 18:50:39 Reply

At 10/25/09 03:20 PM, hhcash wrote: Nothing too extreme. My brothers made fun of me at the dinner table basically every night for about 3 months, sometimes to points where i got so pissed off i left the table. At the same time, the people who sat at my lunch table at school during that time did the same thing. They weren't even my friends, just assholes. I haven't gotten any shit since about early June 2009.

It's surprising how much people make fun of you at first (especially at dinner tables) and it does get almost unbearable at times. But then it all just kind of stops and you hardly get any shit for it anymore. It's nice then.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren! Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature
Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-26 17:14:05 Reply

At 10/25/09 03:20 PM, hhcash wrote:
At the same time, the people who sat at my lunch table at school during that time did the same thing. They weren't even my friends, just assholes.

Wow, must've sucked.

BBS Signature
Punkboyben
Punkboyben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-27 22:27:44 Reply

I don't like having to justify my reasons for being vegetarian so often, mostly to the same people who just ask to irritate me. I can understand being curious but those who just ask to take the piss really aggravate me.

On a lighter note; has anyone ever been to WOMAD festival? I went this year, it's vegetarian heaven. Pretty much every food stall there is veggie and it's great if you're into other cultures and world music, it's really diverse there.

Ink

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-28 17:06:42 Reply

At 10/27/09 10:27 PM, Punkboyben wrote: I don't like having to justify my reasons for being vegetarian so often, mostly to the same people who just ask to irritate me. I can understand being curious but those who just ask to take the piss really aggravate me.

On a lighter note; has anyone ever been to WOMAD festival? I went this year, it's vegetarian heaven. Pretty much every food stall there is veggie and it's great if you're into other cultures and world music, it's really diverse there.

I recommend the book Vegan Freak. It really helps with feeling better about your choice and helps you care less about the losers who think you should be ridiculed for not following the herd.

Or you could find some reasons to give http://www.britishmeat.com/49.htm.
Or just say something funny when they ask. Like "Because I hate vegetables(or plants) and am trying to kill them all before they rise up and kill us" or "Animals are friends, and I don't eat my friends". Stealing quotes from famous people works.

I just stopped telling people for the most part. Usually now the farthest I go is to give the reason that "I don't like it". Which is true but only scratches the surface. People assume it's only about taste, but that's only a part of it, haha.

What's a WOMAD festival? It sound interesting!

BBS Signature
Punkboyben
Punkboyben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-28 22:06:29 Reply

Thanks for the advice. WOMAD is World Of Music And Dance. In short it's a hippie music festival. It's full of music from all parts of the world, it really opened my eyes to the variety out there. It also has loads of vegetarian food stalls of all kinds (Indian food, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Mexican, etc) It has such a range of choice, it's brilliant. the best part, however is the people, everyone's really friendly.

For me it was a four day celebration of love and parties!

Ink

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-28 23:53:08 Reply

At 10/28/09 10:06 PM, Punkboyben wrote:

WHERE DOES THIS AWESOMENESS TAKE PLACE

eh.

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-28 23:53:08 Reply

At 10/28/09 10:06 PM, Punkboyben wrote: Thanks for the advice. WOMAD is World Of Music And Dance. In short it's a hippie music festival. It's full of music from all parts of the world, it really opened my eyes to the variety out there. It also has loads of vegetarian food stalls of all kinds (Indian food, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Mexican, etc) It has such a range of choice, it's brilliant. the best part, however is the people, everyone's really friendly.

OMG THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I really wish I could have gone to one! Is it just in your area, or do they have them in other places too?? I'd love to go to one but don't really have means to travel.

Sounds like you really had a good time!

BBS Signature
Punkboyben
Punkboyben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-29 01:11:06 Reply

It's every year at Charlton park, I'm assuming you live in the UK right? I actually live nowhere near the place but i took a fuck load of trains to get there. It cost me £100 for a ticket including travel, which for a music festival is pretty decent. I have to say it was one of the best times of my life, you should go check it out. It's all here, bear in mind that there is pretty much no conventional music or heavy music, etc. Although from a look at your profile we like some similar bands so if you're open minded it will blow you away.

Ink

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-29 18:28:22 Reply

Damn. I live in America. I want to travel to the UK sometime.

eh.

BBS Signature
jakenator85
jakenator85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Reader
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-31 01:33:05 Reply

Does it count if I'm a vagitarian?

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-10-31 14:35:41 Reply

At 10/29/09 06:28 PM, hhcash wrote: Damn. I live in America. I want to travel to the UK sometime.

Same.

At 10/29/09 09:06 PM, Ejit wrote: I get annoyed that there's the stereotype of vegetarians and vegans, I feel particularly, are all hippies. I'm pretty much the opposite of a stereotypical hippy. I have nothing against them, but I'm just not one.

I pretty much fit the stereotype, so I can't really complain.

At 10/31/09 01:33 AM, jakenator85 wrote: Does it count if I'm a vagitarian?

Lmao yum!!!

BBS Signature
Punkboyben
Punkboyben
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-01 09:08:38 Reply

In some ways I'm a total hippy stereotype but in others i couldn't be more different.

Ink

BBS Signature
Fingercuffs
Fingercuffs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-08 22:57:06 Reply

I have been Veg for 4 years, my son is also Veg. I do not find it difficult, but when I first started Meat was almost like a bad smoking habit and it took a bit of willpower to break my habit and find other types of items to mow down on. I never slipped though.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-09 00:25:12 Reply

At 11/8/09 10:57 PM, Fingercuffs wrote: I have been Veg for 4 years, my son is also Veg. I do not find it difficult, but when I first started Meat was almost like a bad smoking habit and it took a bit of willpower to break my habit and find other types of items to mow down on. I never slipped though.

Cool. How old is your son?

BBS Signature
Gian
Gian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 00:33:27 Reply

At 11/23/08 02:42 PM, shabbo wrote:
I love animals.
WOLD YOU LIKE BEING EATEN?!

Ask that to your fucking vegetables. The fact that they can't scream, or show pain, doesn't mean they are more killable/eatable life. So we've been eating both animals and plants since humanity exists, why stop now? It's okay if you dislike the taste of meat, but dude, animal rights? Go to the fucking forest and tell a bear to stop fishing and start eating grass, it'd eat your head. Damn.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 00:43:59 Reply

At 11/10/09 12:33 AM, Gian wrote:
At 11/23/08 02:42 PM, shabbo wrote:

Excuse me guys, I know I'm not part of this club, but I NEED to call bullshit when I see it.

Ask that to your fucking vegetables. The fact that they can't scream, or show pain, doesn't mean they are more killable/eatable life.

Yes it does. By that logic, because the ground can't feel pain, that doesn't mean you can walk on it. Stop now and invest in hover shoes.

So we've been eating both animals and plants since humanity exists, why stop now?

Appeal to nature and tradition.

It's okay if you dislike the taste of meat, but dude, animal rights? Go to the fucking forest and tell a bear to stop fishing and start eating grass, it'd eat your head. Damn.

A bear is NOT a human. It is NOT even capable of...you know what? Fuck this shit.

MY GOD, people still use this argument?
Masterzakk
Masterzakk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 01:40:15 Reply

At 11/10/09 12:43 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Yes it does. By that logic, because the ground can't feel pain, that doesn't mean you can walk on it. Stop now and invest in hover shoes.

Of course this doesn't take into account that the vegetables are not life. We shouldn't care for them. Why because they do nothing than taste bad.

Of course your going to come back and tell us that human teeth are necessary for vegetation digestion and that we need to "evolve" from our animal eating ways. First of all we got all of our most necessary vitamins whenever we kill a sweet tasty pig, bear, seal whatever. It is in our mind that we should kill and eat things. We cannot evolve out of that.

A bear is NOT a human. It is NOT even capable of...you know what? Fuck this shit.

Of course not. However humans are humans and humans act like humans. I have a the belief that humans are bastards so why not be MAGNIFICANT at it? Why not launch whales into Californian forrests and hippy hang outs? Why not dump oil on our birds? WHY NOT? because it is wasteful. However humanity isn't above everything. In fact we have the need to kill something with our barehands and kill people for the lulz. In fact I orgasm at the site of dead bodies because I am human.

THEY DO IT BECAUSE IT IS THE CORRECT ARGUEMENT! EAT YOUR STUPID FILTHY VEGETABLES AND FRUITS! I WILL EAT DAIRY PRODUCTS AND MEAT LIKE A MAN WOULD!

I am the all the one and the master of the lulz...those who deny my mastery of lulz shall be smittin with a brick in there pants I give no mercy, no quarter, no rights.

BBS Signature
fixaprob
fixaprob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 06:41:51 Reply

I am Vegetarian since last 6 months

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 09:39:40 Reply

At 11/10/09 01:40 AM, Masterzakk wrote:
At 11/10/09 12:43 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
Why because they do nothing than taste bad.

Opinion.

Of course your going to come back and tell us that human teeth are necessary for vegetation digestion and that we need to "evolve" from our animal eating ways.

Nope.

First of all we got all of our most necessary vitamins whenever we kill a sweet tasty pig, bear, seal whatever.

Science 101.

It is in our mind that we should kill and eat things. We cannot evolve out of that.

Of course not. Perhaps now would be a good time to say I'm not vegetarian.

Of course not. However humans are humans and humans act like humans. I have a the belief that humans are bastards so why not be MAGNIFICANT at it?

Opinion.

Why not launch whales into Californian forrests and hippy hang outs? Why not dump oil on our birds? WHY NOT? because it is wasteful. However humanity isn't above everything. In fact we have the need to kill something with our barehands and kill people for the lulz. In fact I orgasm at the site of dead bodies because I am human.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

THEY DO IT BECAUSE IT IS THE CORRECT ARGUEMENT!

Their argument consists of comparing humans to non-humans, which I consider to be invalid. I was NOT saying that humans aren't humans. We are, obviously.

EAT YOUR STUPID FILTHY VEGETABLES AND FRUITS!

I eat fruits, vegetable, dairy, and meat.

I WILL EAT DAIRY PRODUCTS AND MEAT LIKE A MAN WOULD!

I eat everything you eat, mah boi.

hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 18:51:47 Reply

At 11/10/09 01:40 AM, Masterzakk wrote:
Of course this doesn't take into account that the vegetables are not life. We shouldn't care for them. Why because they do nothing than taste bad.

A lot of people love vegetables. I love them not because they taste like a cheeseburger, but i feel energized and healthy after i eat it, which is an amazing feeling.

Of course your going to come back and tell us that human teeth are necessary for vegetation digestion and that we need to "evolve" from our animal eating ways. First of all we got all of our most necessary vitamins whenever we kill a sweet tasty pig, bear, seal whatever. It is in our mind that we should kill and eat things. We cannot evolve out of that.

What?

Of course not. However humans are humans and humans act like humans. I have a the belief that humans are bastards so why not be MAGNIFICANT at it? Why not launch whales into Californian forrests and hippy hang outs? Why not dump oil on our birds? WHY NOT? because it is wasteful. However humanity isn't above everything. In fact we have the need to kill something with our barehands and kill people for the lulz. In fact I orgasm at the site of dead bodies because I am human.
THEY DO IT BECAUSE IT IS THE CORRECT ARGUEMENT! EAT YOUR STUPID FILTHY VEGETABLES AND FRUITS! I WILL EAT DAIRY PRODUCTS AND MEAT LIKE A MAN WOULD!

Ha, I'm not surprised. One who eats meat just to be manly. Take your muscles and try to get a fucking Ph.D or master an art. Meanwhile, I'll take my tight pants and big, bright-colored sunglasses and shove them in your face.

eh.

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 18:58:26 Reply

At 11/10/09 06:15 AM, Zune wrote: Get a real problem to whine about.

Practice what you preach: telling people on the internet that they're wrong isn't exactly the pinnacle of human achievement. I doubt

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-10 20:04:35 Reply

At 11/10/09 12:43 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Excuse me guys, I know I'm not part of this club, but I NEED to call bullshit when I see it.

Ha, thank you.

I have no problem with legitimate reasons for disputing vegetarianism, but the stupid ones that you see over and over again that are obviously flawed are sooo annoying!!!

At 11/10/09 06:15 AM, Zune wrote: You guys are faggots who need to grow some balls. Don't you have bigger fish to fry?

Get a real problem to whine about.

Worry about yourself and don't concern yourself with us. We're fine.

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-28 18:36:04 Reply

I have been a vegetarian since birth. I'll maybe stay on and eat a VEEEERY TINY bit of meat on traditional holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-11-28 18:47:14 Reply

At 11/28/09 06:36 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: I have been a vegetarian since birth. I'll maybe stay on and eat a VEEEERY TINY bit of meat on traditional holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving.

What makes you interested in consuming meat? I'm just curious.

BBS Signature