New Topic Respond to this Topic
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-11 09:50:05 Reply

on the subject of hormones developing large breasts in girls (because we all like breasts!)

i have two vegan friends who both have DDs. How odd!

also I stopped wearing deodorant because vegetarian sweat doesn't smell very strong.

also hey guys what's up, long time no see.

Pippatchu
Pippatchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-11 12:15:11 Reply

Im vegetarian because of the way a animal gets killed. it's not nature's way you know.
They don't belong in those farms where they are forced to make childs. and those childs get all stuff so they grow injected. And then they go sit with other cows and grow by eating superduper much food. and then they get killed by a machine. and then you eat.
I would eat meat if there are too much for example deers. with too much i mean they don't have enough food in their surrounding to feed them all.
But at that barbarian way i will never eat meat.
But i eat fish cause they are a natural source of food for the human being. although i don't eat fish that are in danger for starving out. That's my explanation. I'm N.W.

You should go to sleep.

AngryBanana
AngryBanana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-11 15:05:48 Reply

At 2/11/09 02:44 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Welcome, and you'd better stick with it you caring, compassionate individual! Once you've been doing it for a little while, let us know if you notice any changes.

I'll actually tried going veg a few times but failed.

I'm rather serious this time, though.

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-11 18:54:51 Reply

At 2/11/09 10:27 AM, Sensationalism wrote: More like omg hot.

Well yeah, that too. One's fairly attractive, the other I had the hugest crush of my life on two years ago. Both have wonderful breasts hahaha.

Anyways, I've been busy with homework and morrowind and shit. I'm gonna be pretty busy, so I'll be popping in sporadically. I have honor band and homework and bullshit.

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-12 18:39:42 Reply

At 2/11/09 03:05 PM, AngryBanana wrote: I'll actually tried going veg a few times but failed.

I'm rather serious this time, though.

What made going vegetarian easier for me was realizing that it's not the meat that tastes good, but the seasonings that are used. Raw meat, as I'm sure everyone could imagine, would be horrible.

Raw vegetables on the other hand, are much more palatable :P

startreeflesh
startreeflesh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-14 03:28:02 Reply

At 2/11/09 02:56 AM, Sensationalism wrote:

I never really liked the taste of meat either, and I'm also lactose intolerant! We have quite a bit in common (this and the bipolar thing) I'm starting to get scared, here!

I think we are secretly the same person somehow, haha!

mastershake141
mastershake141
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-21 01:23:46 Reply

Hey veg-fags, enjoy your under-developed muscles

:D

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-21 13:23:19 Reply

At 2/21/09 01:23 AM, mastershake141 wrote: Hey veg-fags, enjoy your under-developed muscles

enjoy your fuck you, the same amount of protein found in meat can be derived from plants without the god damn fat and cholesterol

also, eating meat does not make you stronger, only working out can do that.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-21 13:55:34 Reply

Guys I need some inspiration and advice.

I've been toying with the idea of eating meat again, not for the taste, I don't miss it, I know I wouldn't feel right eating meat after this long anyway, but more for my health.

I do keep hearing of people who have been vegetarians for years, then they go back to meat and they say that they never felt better.

I'm not the fittest person in the world and I do want to get healthy, I'm fed up of being unfit. I am always tired though, I always get tired quickly too when out, I probably am anemic. The easiest and probably nutrietly better option for me is to start eating meat again.

I don't eat too much junk, there isn't much wrong with my diet, I eat bad at weekends, but who doesn't? Do you take anything to help, or is tiredness not as issue for you?

What do you guys think? And please don't just view this as hard up vegetarians and get defensive - I don't want to eat meat but I think I kinda need to to become healthy.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-21 14:02:02 Reply

maybe ask a doctor.

My dad almost cut out vegetables from his diet and replaced it with meat because it fucked up his blood sugar levels.

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-21 15:22:49 Reply

Talk to a dietitian, they can help a lot more than we can.

Skilla
Skilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-23 19:40:56 Reply

Well, I'm a vegetarian I decided that I would be one as of 4 months ago.

However, I do eat fish I know this is considered vegetarian but a lot of times is frowned upon.

I don't see any reason though this doesn't go against my morals. Because, fish are humanely killed and there are so many of them. I do consider fish a necessity to humans and I always keep my vegetarian diet all natural nothing made in a lab or something that a 15th century farmer could cultivate.

Reasons I went vegetarian
- I figured I don't even need meat so why eat it. Some one else out there likes it more than me.
- Its greasy fatty and gross a lot of the times

I found a lot more reasons since then.

Why I stay vegetarian
-Animals are to cute
-I'll gag if i eat meat
-I love eating more vegetables and fruits
-Healthier
-A lot of adorable girls are vegetarian.[topic of convo]
-I enjoy being different

Struggles
-A lot of meals I eat take a while for me to make
-Lack of parent enthusiasm
-I get hungry when im high. Really hungry and I'm not always in a vegetarian friendly enviroment
-Trying to stop eating eggs.[Simply because eggs are pretty much baby chickens]
-Trying to maintain protein.

Worth it: 1000% =]

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-02-27 00:58:15 Reply

At 2/23/09 07:40 PM, Skilla wrote: -A lot of adorable girls are vegetarian.[topic of convo]

ah man i talk about this so much, you and i are on a wavelength here

hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-14 20:33:33 Reply

I'm a vegetarian, but I feel like it's pointless since i still eat products with milk, cheese, and eggs in them. I can be a vegetarian, but i dont think i can be a vegan since i love dairy products and such. Maybe someday.

eh.

BBS Signature
DocSprite
DocSprite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-14 20:46:41 Reply

I don't get vegetarianism. I get the point, but theres not enough vegetarians to stop animal slaughter, and there probably never will be.

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-14 21:19:30 Reply

At 3/14/09 08:46 PM, DocSprite wrote: I don't get vegetarianism. I get the point, but theres not enough vegetarians to stop animal slaughter, and there probably never will be.

the point isn't to stop it, the point is to distance ourselves from it. and that's only for the vegetarians who don't believe in animal slaughter. there are health and environmental reasons for going vegetarian, not to mention financial and religious reasons.

hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-14 23:25:45 Reply

At 3/14/09 08:46 PM, DocSprite wrote: I don't get vegetarianism. I get the point, but theres not enough vegetarians to stop animal slaughter, and there probably never will be.

I used to think that too. It's like voting, some people choose not to vote because they think their vote won't make a difference at all because of the huge U.S. population. Becoming a vegetarian is really the best you can do to help. Vegetarians/vegans are people who despise how animals are treated, so why the hell would we go ahead and consume the animals we love just because we don't think our vote will matter?

eh.

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-14 23:34:35 Reply

At 3/14/09 11:25 PM, hhcash wrote: I used to think that too. It's like voting, some people choose not to vote because they think their vote won't make a difference at all because of the huge U.S. population. Becoming a vegetarian is really the best you can do to help. Vegetarians/vegans are people who despise how animals are treated, so why the hell would we go ahead and consume the animals we love just because we don't think our vote will matter?

Yeah, really. It's like saying "well, smoking is bad for you, but people will still smoke even if I don't, so I might as well get addicted"

a bit of a stretch, but bear with me here.
JesusBukkake
JesusBukkake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-15 03:53:57 Reply

it's like saying 'I disagree with human trafficking, but it's still gonna happen even if I don't support it, so bring me two Serbian heroin addicts. On a plate of fried rice.'

B0NETHUG
B0NETHUG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-15 07:29:13 Reply

i've been veggo since i was 7
But i'm only 14.

InstantWayno
InstantWayno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-15 14:27:23 Reply

Ok, I am kind of new to the clubs and crews section of the forums, but when I saw this thread I knew that it would be beneficial to join. Here is some basic info about me, which will why I am joining:

Type of vegetarian: Lacto-ovo vegetarian

Length of time being vegetarian: about 7 months; I would of tried to become one sooner, but I grew up in a meat eating household, so there was little I could do.

Primary reason for becoming a vegetarian: I just have a general distaste meat; I am not really involved with animal ethics or have any real health concerns, just don't like meat... simple as that.

Views of non-vegetarians: I am really open minded, so I really do not judge anyone that chooses to eat meat. Since I am not an avid animal rights activist, I really don't see any ethical issues. So I basically feel that a person's diet is their own business.

Favorite vegetarian related quote: "Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

Anyways, I have not taken the time to read through all the previous pages, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but I am practically clueless when it comes to cooking with tofu. I have yet to try it by preparing it from scratch and I was wondering if there are any particular brands or types that people prefer, and how they season it.

DocSprite
DocSprite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-17 20:27:27 Reply

Also, not to put a damper on you or anything, but don't you think if animals were the dominant species, they would eat us?

InstantWayno
InstantWayno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-17 20:36:50 Reply

At 3/17/09 08:27 PM, DocSprite wrote: Also, not to put a damper on you or anything, but don't you think if animals were the dominant species, they would eat us?

But, would these animals be able to rationalize their actions. If not then it would be like any predator-prey scenario, and they probably would not think twice about it. However, if these animals had the same level rationality that humans have, would it be so crazy to think that some animals would choose not to eat meat.

potter1954
potter1954
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-17 20:39:29 Reply

i a vegan can i join? ive been one since i was like what 5?

BBS Signature
InstantWayno
InstantWayno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-17 20:52:01 Reply

At 3/17/09 08:39 PM, potter1954 wrote: i a vegan can i join? ive been one since i was like what 5?

I am also new to the club, but I am sure that there is no distinct rule that bans vegans from joining and I believe a number of members are vegan as well. From what I have read, it seems to be a fairly relaxed and open minded group.

Anyways, welcome to the community. Be sure to check it every now and then, and contribute if you see any discussions that you can can add to or come up with your own if you feel that something should be addressed.

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-17 21:00:15 Reply

At 3/17/09 08:27 PM, DocSprite wrote: Also, not to put a damper on you or anything, but don't you think if animals were the dominant species, they would eat us?

Well, not the animals we eat. They're herbivores.

But as Wayno said so eloquently, would they be able to rationalize their actions? At their current intelligence level, no. And if they were the dominant species, they'd have to be pretty smart to top us. So the more intelligent ones probably wouldn't eat us :P

Also, if you're suggesting that it's natural for us to eat meat because we are "superior" to animals, may I kindly direct you to the naturalistic fallacy, which basically boils down to "just because it's natural, doesn't mean it's right."

Shabbo
Shabbo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-20 16:36:54 Reply

My Goodness, its been a loooooong time.

I see club is still active.

I had to make a post.

BBS Signature
hhcash
hhcash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-21 14:18:52 Reply

I really don't see anything wrong with eating animals. Humans, like most animals, are carnivores, and it's natural to eat meat. However, in modern society, farms do the bare minimum. For example, if I was in the wild, I would eat meat, by hunting. They lived a fine, free life, and when I killed it, that's that. But farms make the animals suffer to the worst their entire life, and it's fucking disgusting. I'm not asking anybody to stop eating meat, just asking the farms to make the animals have a better life before they slaughter them.

Thankfully, there are still some organic farms, and I encourage my parents to buy meat from Whole Foods.

I also punch people whenever they say they just ate at KFC.

eh.

BBS Signature
D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-21 15:56:59 Reply

At 3/21/09 02:18 PM, hhcash wrote: I really don't see anything wrong with eating animals. Humans, like most animals, are carnivores,

incorrect. Humans are omnivores, or so says the textbooks. And yet..

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/09 /are-humans-carnivores-or-herbivores-2/
http://www.goveg.com/naturalhumandiet_ph ysiology.asp
http://www.celestialhealing.net/physical veg3.htm

and so on. Type something along the lines of "humans are herbivores" into google and read up.

and it's natural to eat meat.

false.

AngryBanana
AngryBanana
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-03-21 16:52:10 Reply

At 2/11/09 01:56 AM, AngryBanana wrote: I suppose I'll join.

Read my news post and stuff kthx.

38 days no meat.

Woot?