New Topic Respond to this Topic
LilBlueGardenKnome
LilBlueGardenKnome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 11:23 PM Reply

I love all the old Sonic games. The sense of speed was awesome at the time, and I find myself longing for that sense of speed in the more recent games. Now, what Sega promised to do with Unleashed was to bring back that sense of speed, and they did. However, they added the stupid werehog thing and added the very thing that was ruining the series. Why, oh why, is Sega so damn determined to put the stupid run-a-little-beat-up-something-run-a-lit tle-more mechanic in the games? Its the very thing that Sonic fans hate and as I said before, its ruining the series. Maybe someone can explain to me why they keep doing this.

Best flash of all time. Really.
Operation Falcon Punch
Thanks to Gu-rilla for the awesome sig

BBS Signature
firemaker60
firemaker60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 20th, 2008 @ 11:26 PM Reply

They put the Werehog in to appeal to the newer gamers, who actually like the stuff that the us old gamers keep shooting down. I know tons of kids who absolutly loved Shadow the Hedgehog and some who can't get enough of Sonic '06. I personally don't care what Sega puts in their games; the more money they make, the more chance there is of a new Sega console.

supermegasonic
supermegasonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 10:01 PM Reply

yea they havent made a game since like 1995 i think, i doubt they will make a console, there is already 3 that are in a heated battle rite now so it will never suceed,

BBS Signature
KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:03 PM Reply

Sega has given up on the oldbies, since they'll whine about a Sonic game no matter what they do. Instead, they're focusing on a new audience, as well as the Sonic fans who have done the nigh impossible and adapted to the new Sonic.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Some of you refuse to accept that Werehog is a good platformer.

The 360 version has more daytime levels, so nighttime is only to freshen things up a bit. Besides, from what i've seen daytime stages are boring as fuck in the Wii version.

You need to rate Sonic games as platformers, not as franchise titles. That's why remakes are only good if you've never played the originals.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:21 PM Reply

And to add, let's see what SEGA fixed. Camera, voice acting, story, controls.

There's oldie-fan service: Less complicated plot, Sonic is the only playable, simple MIDI-styled music like Genesis, 2D gameplay, and incredible speeds.

They tried to appeal to new fans and non-fans who don't really care about speed with the Werehog, but the daytime levels show they remember us.

What the fuck more do you want?

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:25 PM Reply

And if anybody says anything about human characters: They are so much better now. Every 3D Sonic game before had them photo-realistic, this is a better step in the right direction as they look like something from a Pixar film.

Also there are few pits, and no glitches. Consistent framerate and beautiful graphics. And Robotnik is more of a villain now.

I honestly don't see how they could have made this game better (Then the 360 version at least). For what it is, Sonic Unleashed is a great game.

LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:29 PM Reply

At 11/23/08 11:03 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: Sega has given up on the oldbies, since they'll whine about a Sonic game no matter what they do. Instead, they're focusing on a new audience, as well as the Sonic fans who have done the nigh impossible and adapted to the new Sonic.

Please don't tell me you think Unleashed is a good game.

BBS Signature
SniperWolf1564
SniperWolf1564
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 11/23/08 11:21 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: And to add, let's see what SEGA fixed. ...voice acting,...

YEEAAHHH! WOO-HOO! ALLLLL RIIIIGHT! GOOOO! YEES!

Oh, what was that you said?

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.
Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 08:06 AM Reply

At 11/23/08 11:32 PM, SniperWolf1564 wrote:
At 11/23/08 11:21 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: And to add, let's see what SEGA fixed. ...voice acting,...
YEEAAHHH! WOO-HOO! ALLLLL RIIIIGHT! GOOOO! YEES!

Oh, what was that you said?

What do you expect? I'm talking about actual lines spoken in cutscenes and such.

Yacazuma
Yacazuma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Something I don't get about Sonic. Nov. 24th, 2008 @ 10:14 AM Reply

At 11/23/08 10:01 PM, supermegasonic wrote: yea they havent made a game since like 1995 i think, i doubt they will make a console, there is already 3 that are in a heated battle rite now so it will never suceed,

Not a Sega game since '95? Are you living under a fucking rock? 3 consoles heated in 'battle'? There is no console war, it's just normal compitition, it's not like THEY'RE HEATED IN DRAMATIC AND EPIC BATTLE FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES- oh, wait, THEY'RE FUCKING GAME SYSTEMS.

BBS Signature