STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:11:11

At 11/3/05 10:03 PM, pinman wrote:
At 11/3/05 09:53 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: finished the mech for now, yay for 3 3D spams on 1 page!

i have to say, im loving the gun.
YOU KICK ASS MAN, but you should think about putting more detail into the cockpit. What do you use to make your 3d stuff?

i use 3ds max 7, been using it since around late august. i'm being told by a few people that i should use Maya, so i may switch sometime within a year.

about the cockpit, yea, it needs more detail. there is a seat inside, along with 2 controls on the armrests. i may just make a low-poly robot of some sort and place him in there, so it doesn't look like the main robot in my movie is fighting this unmanned mech.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:12:11

At 11/3/05 07:48 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: i've never had an error due to too many polygons.

Yeah, I doubt that'd happen. It's just that at my school, they limit the number of polys we can use on each project. I guess this is just a free time thing for you though.

good call neg, the gun looks totally awesome.

^__________________________^ I'm loving it.

finished the mech for now, yay for 3 3D spams on 1 page!

This beauty cannot be spam B) The finished product looks solid, man. I hope I can make something half that good by the end of this semester.

BBS Signature
pinman
pinman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:15:01

The inside is fine I think but mabye you should give the cockpit a diffrent shape like another flat face or just some textures on the outside, don't get me wrong though it looks wicked, are you thinking of putting it into a game or movie?

ForestXion
ForestXion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:15:43

lol ull see this again...
in my next flash

Newground Artist showcase thread

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:21:15

At 11/3/05 10:12 PM, NegativeONE wrote:
At 11/3/05 07:48 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: i've never had an error due to too many polygons.
Yeah, I doubt that'd happen. It's just that at my school, they limit the number of polys we can use on each project. I guess this is just a free time thing for you though.

not as much, it's a project for my digital art III class. currently only me and another kid are assigned the project. basically, we have to take a picture, then draw a character that interacts with it. my first idea was to warp my teacher's idea and have the backround actually interact with the character, but the idea was thrown out. i decided to create a 3D movie, unlike anyone else has ever done. it's due in about 2 weeks, so hopefully i can finish it by then :)

finished the mech for now, yay for 3 3D spams on 1 page!
This beauty cannot be spam B) The finished product looks solid, man. I hope I can make something half that good by the end of this semester.

neg's actionscripting + combined powers of 3d animation = best game on newgrounds, 2006. FTW.

here's an example of one of the backgrounds im using. it's a location on my campus. by the way, the mountain behind the school building is the one i mountain bike and rock climb on :)

Newground Artist showcase thread

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:38:23

At 11/3/05 10:21 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: it's due in about 2 weeks, so hopefully i can finish it by then :)

Sounds like a fairly tight deadline. Godspeed.

neg's actionscripting + combined powers of 3d animation = best game on newgrounds, 2006. FTW.

Haha, if only Flash could accomodate 3d graphics in any sexy way. Could still be workable, I suppose.

here's an example of one of the backgrounds im using. it's a location on my campus. by the way, the mountain behind the school building is the one i mountain bike and rock climb on :)

Wow, that looks like a gorgeous area. My school is right dirtydirtydowntown.

BBS Signature
orb
orb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:43:53

I like the gun.

The cockpit kinda sucks, and the legs aren't as cool as the guns, though still good.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:44:59

At 11/3/05 10:38 PM, NegativeONE wrote:
Haha, if only Flash could accomodate 3d graphics in any sexy way. Could still be workable, I suppose.

it all lies within my decision of getting swift 3D MAX, since that is the sexy tool that combines 3ds max and flash. but, since i can always just upload a mov file into flash, it's still not as sexy.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
J-D-S
J-D-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:51:25

That is such a freaking awesome mech! By far the Guns are the best. are you planning on putting windows?

Anyway I have a noob question, I got the camer object in maya, but after 10 minutes of searching all the menus I can't find a way to export a movie that is from the viewpoint of the camera. Never rendered anything other than a single frame. Please help.

Yoyodog76
Yoyodog76
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:51:58

well, i think if you colored parts of it, it would show more detail, but thats me, ill have some spare pics here in like tomorrow or the next day

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature
Rammer
Rammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Programmer
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:55:08

i know pirating talk is against the rules and watnot....but...

does anyone know where i can get 3ds max or maya for free? the only 3d program i have is swift, and as much as i like it, its not as powerful as i would like it to be.

snyggys

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 22:59:36

At 11/3/05 10:55 PM, 2k_rammerizkool wrote: i know pirating talk is against the rules and watnot....but...

does anyone know where i can get 3ds max or maya for free? the only 3d program i have is swift, and as much as i like it, its not as powerful as i would like it to be.

you can get trials or student versions, but i can't help you any further than that :|

At 11/3/05 10:51 PM, yoyodog76 wrote: well, i think if you colored parts of it, it would show more detail, but thats me, ill have some spare pics here in like tomorrow or the next day

the movie may be in black and white, still a decision i have to make.

At 11/3/05 10:51 PM, -JDS- wrote: That is such a freaking awesome mech! By far the Guns are the best. are you planning on putting windows?

there is a window on the other side. if i get around to rendering the other sides of it, i'll probably post them here.

Anyway I have a noob question, I got the camer object in maya, but after 10 minutes of searching all the menus I can't find a way to export a movie that is from the viewpoint of the camera. Never rendered anything other than a single frame. Please help.

i know how to do it in 3ds max, but im not sure if it's different in maya. you'd have to ask twinsendude

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
orb
orb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-03 23:00:13

JDS get a damn AIM so you can just ask these questions directly... lol

Click the Render Global Settings button (two buttons to the right of render current frame)

if you want to render a sequence of frames, change extension from file.ext to file.#.ext

and change image type to png

then enter the start and stop frames

then a little lower change the dropdown menu for rendered camera from persp to whatever the name of your camera is.

then you can change the render settings in the next tab at the top

if you odn't want to be picky or do reflections or anything, just change preset quality to production quality.

Then, save the file.

Close maya (this is the faster way to render)

go start>run

type cmd

press enter

type in the command prompt "render " (without quotes) (with space after render)

then drag the mb file from wherever u saved it into the cmd window

then close everything, enter the cmd window, and press enter.

Wait for finish.

BBS Signature
Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 02:54:04

At 11/3/05 09:53 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: finished the mech for now, yay for 3 3D spams on 1 page!

i have to say, im loving the gun.

I have to say I'm loving it too! looks AWESOME!

AloneInTheDark
AloneInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 05:46:37

At 11/3/05 10:21 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote:
not as much, it's a project for my digital art III class. currently only me and another kid are assigned the project. basically, we have to take a picture, then draw a character that interacts with it.

Pretty cool assignment. Thats exactley the idea behind my market series too. I liked that idea of the background of yours interacting with the character alot, pity you dropped it. Im sure your 3d thing will be cool awesome though.

Im currently working on an african clothingmarket. Heres the thing so far

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/548315/

I made it out of a ref pic, but added alot of details and changed the people, other stuff

http://img372.images..fricanmarketo0zf.jpg

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 07:03:44

At 11/4/05 05:46 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote:
Pretty cool assignment. pity you dropped it.

well, the idea was to take multiple pictures of my roommate is fighting stances, and work hard to get the background work at such a framerate that it would interact properly with the character at 30 fps, but the problem was that there can't be any humans in the animation =[

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
iRRegular
iRRegular
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 10:32:28

At 11/3/05 03:55 PM, mualem wrote: Ohh and it's not girlfriend..... i'm a guy, unless you were kidding.

I was kidding PENDEJO!

)

ffs. that is all.

BBS Signature
orb
orb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 12:48:16

Holy crap, check this shit out. HOLY CRAP

So I sent the good mayor an e-mail:
"
Dear Mayor Goodman,
I recently saw an article on CNN about your proposal to remove the thumbs of convicted grafitti-ers and to reinstate whipping for children who have misbehaved.

You need to read something called The United States Constitution. This wonderful document, written a few hundred years ago (and you say that we should follow our ancestors, as you said that the french used to hang culprits of heinous crimes), gives the government certain restrictions. Most of the largest and most important of these restrictions are in a part of the U.S. Constitution called the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights is full of privileges for the people of the United States. These privileges are called Amendments, as they were added to the Constitution.

One of the first ten Amendments states that "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." In case you can't understand the large words, the last part means that the government is not allowed to punish people cruelly or unusually.

Now, you may not think that cutting off a person's thumb (on nationwide television, no less) is not a cruel or unusual crime, but it is.

The fact is, whipping was already outlawed. Cutting off a person's thumb is unconstitutional. Based on these facts, your proposals are the heinous ones.

Jake Sklarew
Bethesda, Maryland
Age 16

Feel free to quote me if you would like to publicly mock me to defend yourself, just e-mail me a link to a website in which I can view the quotes for my amusement. Thank you.
"

heh heh heh.

BBS Signature
cherries
cherries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 12:57:26

At 11/4/05 12:48 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: word's

true.

liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 13:12:13

At 11/4/05 12:48 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: stuff

That's stupid, and great e-mail.. nicely worded, though he may not be able to read the long words =|

Steam/ANARCHAOTIC, fooking awesome model.. really like it, everything is great and I'm looking forward to the finished animation =)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 14:45:19

At 11/4/05 01:12 PM, -liam- wrote:

Steam/ANARCHAOTIC

steam?
STEAM?!

>:O

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 14:46:48

At 11/4/05 02:45 PM, ANARCHAOTIC wrote: steam?
STEAM?!

>:O

Ha ha, yeah..¬¬, as I said in my next post (somewhere, maybe custom functions thread) I used my 8000th post to spell your name wrong ^^

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
American-Chinker
American-Chinker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 15:20:05

Why not rape the "punks" on national tv? Maybe cut off some nut sacks? WTF!

orb
orb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 17:02:51

Heh, just got my hair cut for the first time in 2 years.

Donated it to locks of love.

I'm a good person :-D

BBS Signature
Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 18:30:26

WOOT!! I finally got my scanner to work!! now to SPAM NG BBS with my drawings. here's one I did a while back.

click here

Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 18:34:49

At 11/4/05 06:30 PM, kla_kla wrote: WOOT!! I finally got my scanner to work!! now to SPAM NG BBS with my drawings. here's one I did a while back.

click here

BTW his arms look outa proportion becuase he has a T-Shirt a couple sizes to big.

WestyKid
WestyKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-04 19:09:32

At 11/4/05 05:13 PM, MFProd wrote: Damn I forgot to post the pic, here it is.

Thats not too godd at all. The post is wierd. The guy is colored wierd. He just looks wierd.

Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-05 00:00:06

Any comments or thoughts on my drawing? C'mon now, Don't be shy :D

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-05 00:12:22

At 11/5/05 12:00 AM, kla_kla wrote: Any comments or thoughts on my drawing? C'mon now, Don't be shy :D

Its.... simple... a doodle you made in school. Dont know what to say really. Its clean i guess.

Kla-Kla
Kla-Kla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-11-05 00:27:45

At 11/5/05 12:12 AM, GuntherSwanh wrote:
At 11/5/05 12:00 AM, kla_kla wrote: Any comments or thoughts on my drawing? C'mon now, Don't be shy :D
Its.... simple... a doodle you made in school. Dont know what to say really. Its clean i guess.

YAY. I wasn't going for anything amazing and I don't draw to realistic just cartoon like. im practicing on bodies i've gotten good with faces though.

heres another one I did.

CLICK HERE