00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

punk563 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Little Big Club [lbp]

3,996 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 20:51:56

Hey guys! I was browsing through the Clubs And Crews and i noticed that there was a serious lack of a Little Big Planet club, and i felt that a game this great and with such creatable content should have its very own special club.

I mean, the game is all about sharing isnt it?

This club is pretty much going to consist of sharing:
1. PSN Names
2. User Created Levels
3. User Created Costumes And Tutorials On How To Create Them
4. Setting Up Online Games

I Hope that this takes off fairly well because theres so much we can do with it, for people who have great ideas but lack the patience to create levels can give away thier ideas to others who will take the time to make them.
Not only this but people who dont have the game but are creative can offer and discuss level ideas.

When you make your first post make sure to include your PSN so that people can add you. :]

Rules:
- No spamming
- No game hatred, if you dont like the game, then just dont post.
- Have fun

PSN = Cloud-1409

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 20:58:50

In In In. Add me!

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 21:02:11

At 11/19/08 08:58 PM, narf109 wrote: In In In. Add me!

Silly boy, whats your PSN?
Also i just found out that there is a Little Big Planet STORE in Manchester, anyone who lives around there should check it out! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 21:17:08

At 11/19/08 09:02 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 11/19/08 08:58 PM, narf109 wrote: In In In. Add me!
Silly boy, whats your PSN?
Also i just found out that there is a Little Big Planet STORE in Manchester, anyone who lives around there should check it out! :D

its in my sig.

TheNarf

Also did you here? FREE WEEKLY COSTUMES!!! On the psn store.

My level:
1. Luck of a Soldier: D-Day

Current Projects:
- 4 person tank (finished it just looks ugly)
- pin key (not going well)
- trebuchet (haven't started, looking to make it work with actual sackboys)

I'm more into making objects then full blown levels, I dunno why.

Also as for a costume idea I found it looks cool, if you put the pumkin head on then put fangs in the eyes. I wish i had a screen but it looks pretty sweet.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 21:40:59

At 11/19/08 09:17 PM, narf109 wrote: Also did you here? FREE WEEKLY COSTUMES!!! On the psn store.

Weekly? Really? Free? So far i thought it was only the Space man And the Plant Pot. :D

My level:
1. Luck of a Soldier: D-Day

Totally gonna play it, ill write you up a review on here for it, with improvements and suggestions. :P

Current Projects:
- 4 person tank (finished it just looks ugly)
- pin key (not going well)
- trebuchet (haven't started, looking to make it work with actual sackboys)

Awesome!

I'm more into making objects then full blown levels, I dunno why.

Well give us your objects to put in our levels. :P

Also as for a costume idea I found it looks cool, if you put the pumkin head on then put fangs in the eyes. I wish i had a screen but it looks pretty sweet.

Take a photo? Even if its bad quality. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 22:05:00

PSN - Smokey651

My level - Dark Jungle

That's my main level anyways.. i also have a level that allows you to get the cranium collector trophy, and a level where you pick a political party, take a campaign photo, run for president, pick a vice president, and drive a wall climbing vehicle.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 22:13:38

At 11/19/08 09:40 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 11/19/08 09:17 PM, narf109 wrote: Also did you here? FREE WEEKLY COSTUMES!!! On the psn store.
Weekly? Really? Free? So far i thought it was only the Space man And the Plant Pot. :D

Nope they're gunna keep on commin

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/931/931622p1 .html

This week's costumes below. We'll get one free of a set of 5.

Little Big Club [lbp]

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 22:17:58

At 11/19/08 10:13 PM, narf109 wrote: This week's costumes below. We'll get one free of a set of 5.

Fucking awesome, i hope we get the black one, if we dont i call racism. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 23:31:23

At 11/19/08 11:08 PM, HerpesHank wrote: PSN- EAGates

Levels: LittleBigTorture Museum (13+ GRAPHIC), Shoop Da Whoop, and Escape From Waku-Wikishire.

I already have every trophy (well, almost, I still need the gold CREATE trophy.

Please try my levels, and post what you think. In return, I'll play and review yours.

Yea, i need various trophies, including play and create. (i recently got share, which is my first gold trophy ever!)

Anyways yea.. that play trophy is a pain in the ass.

Also false info is false. You don't get any of those 5 costumes for free... the free costume is a t.v. set helmet with a remote control body.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-19 23:44:33

Also false info is false. You don't get any of those 5 costumes for free... the free costume is a t.v. set helmet with a remote control body.

i must of read wrong, w/e. Tv on a head sounds just as good. We still get somthing every week.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 06:27:17

Cool.

My PSN is Svvitch (two v's) and my only level is called The Castle.

Like Narf, I also get more into making contraptions than full levels. I've made a helicopter, a tank, a motorbike, and a few other things too.

If we got enough people we could help each other on the trophies, and I'd be happy to help anyone who needs it.

Heart the shit out of me pl0x.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 08:32:04

Heart the shit out of me pl0x.

will do. Also when they update the game to make it possible to make levels together, we should find a time to get together for a level making session.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 09:43:33

Add me at KirkNG. I've made one level so far (downtown assault course), working on a couple of others at the moment. Also, I only need 1 more prize bubble (from the frozen tundra) to 100% the game, help me out people!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 10:04:47

At 11/20/08 09:43 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Also, I only need 1 more prize bubble (from the frozen tundra) to 100% the game, help me out people!

I bet I know the one.

It's up where you do the x4 area. After you get all the items there you can slide down a chute on the left of where you came up.

At the bottom of the chute (behind a wall) you have to jump. I found it by chance after about 10 minutes of me and 3 others jumping like idiots on the red button thinking we'd done something wrong.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 10:15:39

At 11/20/08 10:04 AM, Raguel wrote: I bet I know the one.

Yeah that sounds like the one. We activated the red button and blew up the background but then we were lost as what to do next, so the host just quit the level. Doubly annoying as I winning at the time, so I could have picked up two trophies for completing that level! =P

Also creation wise, making levels online would be awesome. I'd also like to have the ability to connect one piston/motor/winch etc to multiple switches. Would make things much easier when designing multi-sackperson levels.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 10:34:12

At 11/20/08 10:15 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Also creation wise, making levels online would be awesome. I'd also like to have the ability to connect one piston/motor/winch etc to multiple switches. Would make things much easier when designing multi-sackperson levels.

I still need the trophy for saving a multi-user created level at over 30%.

Might do that with you next time I see ya online. To tell the truth I don't know how good it'd be to make a level with another person though so I was thinking we could just fill it with random shit until we hit 30% unless the mood takes us elsewhere.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 10:57:24

At 11/20/08 10:34 AM, Raguel wrote: I still need the trophy for saving a multi-user created level at over 30%.

Might do that with you next time I see ya online.

You can't... yet. You can only do that with a local player unfortunately. If you've only got one controller though (like me you can still do it). Create and save a level with over 30% done, then re-assign the controller from 1 to 2. It'll make another sackboy appear, then quickly save the level before player 1 disappears! ;)

But yeah once we can do that we should totally make a level together. It'll be cool to kinda do a collab thing too, like have a multi-path level with each path done by a different author.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 12:06:16

At 11/20/08 10:57 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: You can't... yet. You can only do that with a local player unfortunately. If you've only got one controller though (like me you can still do it). Create and save a level with over 30% done, then re-assign the controller from 1 to 2. It'll make another sackboy appear, then quickly save the level before player 1 disappears! ;)

Nice, I might do that. I only have one control as well.

But yeah once we can do that we should totally make a level together. It'll be cool to kinda do a collab thing too, like have a multi-path level with each path done by a different author.

It just seems to me that you'd really need a headset. The multi path thing is a cool idea though.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 18:20:23

At 11/20/08 05:28 PM, HerpesHank wrote: Acing the Collector's Lair, and The Bunker was a real challenge though. I nearly had an ulcer.

I don't really remember having trouble with The Collector's Lair but The Bunker was an all merciful shit cunt.

I also had a spurt of frustration trying to ace a mini level........it involved jumping over fire and you had to do two laps of it.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 21:04:42

I have an oppurtunity, i have in my possesion a Kratos costume code, i am under the impression that it can be redeemed 5 times, if that is true ill swap it for a Nariko code, and the remaining 3 will be picked at random from the users of this thread. LOL

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-20 23:36:20

I don't really care about the code so just exclude me in the random thing that way someone that wants it more would get it.

On another note, i descided to make a new vehicle called the "Tumbler". It runs quite well. I'm thinking of making a tumbler race soon i just have to modify them a little. So they're thinner. But yeah go try it out guys.

The level to get 3 versions of it, is called "Narf Tumbler Play Pen". Feel free to use it for your levels if you find it useful.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-22 18:56:34

Will this work? I've done this about 75 times already, and I would be pissed if it didn't count.

why would you want to cheat yourself out of playing peoples levels?

Seriously all you have to do is play and have fun and you'll get the trophy eventually. Why the rush?

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-22 19:35:01

Considering buying this. Should I?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-22 20:11:05

At 11/22/08 07:35 PM, doody1 wrote: Considering buying this. Should I?

your asking LBP club members if you should buy the game that they're in a club for.... *face palm*

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-22 21:42:40

O:
I need to join. Lbp is fucking insane, obviously. My PSN is TheAbyssus, add me if your up for some awesomeness, but right not I don't really have a project, just getting used to everything and unlocking everthing first.

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-11-30 21:13:25

i made a new gizmo/ level

It's a mini level. Get as much points as you can before you fall off.

I know kirks already played it.

It's called "Hang On!" OR "Hang On Harder!"

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-12-01 09:27:11

Yeah I played hang on, it's fun. I couldn't seem to play hang on harder though. It kept disappearing when I tried to scroll to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-12-01 10:56:08

Hey guys, add me please.

Gagsy10

Not made any levels yet, I'm still trying to get every item in the game. Wouldn't mind doing some levels with a few users sometime, that'd be fun.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-12-01 19:55:56

Hot piss! ill play with you!! ;P
Cloud-1409 = PSN

BBS Signature

Response to Little Big Club [lbp] 2008-12-04 12:35:13

At 12/1/08 09:27 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Yeah I played hang on, it's fun. I couldn't seem to play hang on harder though. It kept disappearing when I tried to scroll to it.

I should be there now. Hang on Harder has no edges to stop you from falling off. So its much harder to stay on the platform.

I'm currently making a newer and longer version. Gunna call it "Hang on hardest!". Basically it'll go in reverse and forward depending. So you'll end up going back and forth 3 or so times, trying to stay on for as long as possible. I don't expect anyone to make it to the end, but it should be possible, because I'm implementing a new "Life Saver" System.

Life Saver system is a series of grabbable surfaces on the platform. Once you grab them you have a few seconds before that grabbable section of the platform disapears. Right now I have 6 segments of grabbable platforms. 1 on each end. and 4 in the middle with ditches that'll replace the 4 in the middle. The ditches are your last resort. You can't hold on to them, but they should help you keep your position while the thing bounces around.

Right now I'm on the second part of the level. I'm looking to have maybe 4 or 5 parts.