00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NBC10, Free Wacoms

20,617 Views | 154 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 21:00:45

Well, now I won't be double posting... But I am gonna DVR NBC tomorrow then XD

Thank God for FIOS.

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 21:19:05

Also, has anyone had any problems viewing submissions this week? I had some complaints from people who said they couldn't watch the submissions, but it could be a fluke - just wanna check.

I haven't had a problem with watching, but I have had a problem with voting and faving, like, the link for faving doesnt respond, or when I vote it doesnt appear that i voted, it just sends me to the top of the page...

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 21:29:16

Also, has anyone had any problems viewing submissions this week? I had some complaints from people who said they couldn't watch the submissions, but it could be a fluke - just wanna check.

Oh yeah... That is something I wanted to bring up. The portal has been very glitchy lately. There was a problem with the content rating of submissions for a couple of days. I pointed that out in the forums here and took a poster's advice to PM Wade about it. The problem appears to be fixed now. But I did also have some problems viewing submissions as Pop-ups (yes I had my browser set to allow pop-ups from NG) but that also seems to be resolved. I can't personally say I've had any other problems, though as you can see in my post, the new links to flashes (the ones that show the submission's icon and author name) that were made during the time of the error still display mature submissions as "Suitable for Everyone". I wouldn't find it too far out there for there to actually be something wrong with the Portal. I will stay alert to any other problems though.

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 21:36:47

I live in the Philly area. Might head there if I have the cash.

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 21:49:28

Damn! I'd love a new tablet. My graphire is too small. Too bad I only have 1 newgrounds submission.

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 22:13:23

At 11/18/08 09:49 PM, SalterAnimation wrote: Damn! I'd love a new tablet. My graphire is too small. Too bad I only have 1 newgrounds submission.

It's true, but let's face it folks, that one submission is damn near perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 22:22:41

Wow, this thread just inspired me to continue my FBF remake of a deleted scene from The Lion King.

Anyways, doubt I'd finish it any time soon, so good luck with everyone who's participating.

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 22:35:56

I don't deserve one

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 22:45:42

Whoah giving out free wacom tablets.. That's awesome! I think the most amazing artists, most deserving artists already have one of those, heh. I've been thinking of buying one myself actually. Hmmn, I don't consider myself all that worthy of recieving one of those tablets, but I might just fill out that form anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 22:50:32

Hi Tom! I Would LOVE A Tablet! Please read. ;)

I have wanted a tablet all my life... but sadly have not been able to find a decent one that is affordable. I have many unique ideas that many people on NG seem to find hilarious. However, I suck at drawing in Flash! I can draw GREAT on a piece of paper... but not with a mouse. If you gave me a tablet, I would put it to great use I SWEAR it. I am making a cool gadget involving a lot of geometry called Particles, where you move your mouse to create some awesome effects. I can create even cooler effects with a tablet. An example of what I have so far can be viewed HERE.
***&*Right click on the LOADING screen and press play to view the flash!!!*&*** With a tablet, I can create all my ideas into flash form... I have about 125 comics with all my ideas listed on them in really nice drawings.

And also, here is my most popular submission in case you need proof that I have made some cool stuff. 50,000 plus views, over 120 reviews with an average score of 8.3, and some great comments.

THANKS TOM!!! I REALLY hope you give me a tablet! It would be a DREAM to me... I could finally blast out my creations!!!

Cheers! And good luck in the convention!

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 22:57:40

I want the tablet BAD!
I promise that I will make as many movies humanly possible until my fingers bleed!
Pretty Please?
I promise that I will go on to make the best stuff!
I guarantee!

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 23:05:04

You know what, forget me. It's fine if you don't get me one. The guy two spaces above me who created "Pancakes" deserves it much more.

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 23:21:31

the passes are only $12.50
i was thinking about going friday, i probably will now if i can find someone to go with me

"when i'm good, i'm good...but when i'm bad, i'm better."

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-18 23:38:02

VGexpo contacted me a while ago wanting to play GT there... If you see it playing Tom, take a picture for me haha.

Good luck to everyone wanting Wacoms :O

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 00:09:30

I want a tablet, but just for shits and giggles.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 00:16:53

I could use a new tablet, i'm not sure if it counts because i used to make stuff with one but my current one doesnt work anymore :(. my most recent submissions have been music because i cant make flash. my parents won't get me a new one because this is the second one to break.

</sob story>

iamcoreyg.com // campnorth

Need a website? music? graphics? CONTACT ME.

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 01:16:14

Oh!!! I'm in The Big Morphing Orgasm! And he was in my Smoking Kills Collab. We're kinda know eachother... :)

I don't need a tablet, I have one. But I'm sure someone else needs it!

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 01:21:56

This thread in a nutshell

NBC10, Free Wacoms

None

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 01:27:56

At 11/19/08 01:21 AM, Luis wrote: This thread in a nutshell

lolz

Luis, you said you had a tablet under your bed and you were gonna look for it and give it to meeee!

i think

:or was it another thing under your bed.......MMMMhMMMM

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 02:06:02

I already have Wacom Intuos 3 A4, but I never really use it. I feel more confortable with mouse appearantly so it's pretty much useless. At least my sister puts it in to good use when she draws, lol.

...Mouse drawing FTW

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 02:10:26

I will be sure to record the news tomorrow!

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 02:35:59

At 11/19/08 02:06 AM, Shadowii2 wrote: I already have Wacom Intuos 3 A4, but I never really use it. I feel more confortable with mouse appearantly so it's pretty much useless. At least my sister puts it in to good use when she draws, lol.

...Mouse drawing FTW

Want to sell me that for 50 bucks?

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 03:11:02

Make them buy their own Intuos, that way it will mean more to them when they crash it wait thats cars

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 03:13:14

http://el-cid.newgrounds.com/
This guy deserves a tablet.

In fact, when I do post about it I am putting Bambee, which he made, as one my choices of flash portal history.

HI I'M RICKY BROWN I DON'T READ RULES OR DIRECTIONS! GIVE ME A FUCKING TABLET PLEASE!

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 03:38:34

I don't really deserve it.
So good luck to all who enter....

Dicks.

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 04:02:33

At 11/18/08 04:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: NBC 10 came by the office today to cover NG and the Behemoth for a video game related piece leading up to the VGExpo in Philadelphia this weekend. If you're in the Philadelphia area, check out the NBC 10 news tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4pm! It will probably repeat at 11pm.

Anyone here planning to hit the expo? I plan to head down either Friday or Saturday.

With the holidays fast approaching, it's once again time to give the gift of Wacoms! I'm placing a huge order and need to know who the most deserving contributors are. Previous recipients went on to make stuff like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 5491
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 5978
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 8908
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 0891
Submitting your information will not guarantee you a tablet, and PLEASE don't apply unless you have a proven track record on Newgrounds; examples include high scoring submissions, submissions that have won awards, or artwork from art contests. Also don't apply unless you really want a tablet and will put it to good use.

To apply, PM me with the following info in this specific order:

1. The subject "WACOM TABLET"
2. Your full name and mailing address.
3. A brief or long story about why you want a tablet and what you hope to accomplish with it.
4. Direct links to your best Flash or art forum contributions.

This year we are giving out the Bamboo Fun Medium. The BFM is roughly 6x8 and suitable for the majority of Flash and Photoshop users. We have previously given out the Intuos 3, but feedback we've received says the BFM addresses the needs of artists who aren't using the tablet for simulated painting. This change in price allows us to give away a lot more tablets in the future, as we will be giving them out regularly as prizes in art contests.

It's also time for our annual Holiday Flash contest! Check out the Christmas 2008 page for contest rules and prizes. Submissions can have a general holiday or winter theme, or be specifically about Christmas. Get CREATIVE and make something that will last throughout the ages, because this page will exist FOREVER.

Here's another overlooked Halloween 2008 submission, from rising star TheBoogley. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 6739
You may also know his work from this amazing collab he recently organized:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 6650
Lemme know about the VGExpo this weekend, maybe a bunch of us could end up hanging out!

How's about this for flash portal history!?

http://tonfuip.newgrounds.com/

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 04:05:48

Whoops! Didn't mean to qoute all that in my last post!

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 04:26:04

i would put it to good use, however, i dont make flash

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 04:35:04

I dont have a wacom tablet D:
I've done tweening for my animation for as long as i can remember :(

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to NBC10, Free Wacoms 2008-11-19 04:36:48

My parents say they cant afford one D:

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature