Sunspot01
Sunspot01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Help with music for new animation Nov. 17th, 2008 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Hello all,
I've completed a rough version of my senior project animation, but I am in dire need of music. Sound effects are not an issue, but the person I'm relying on for music is falling through. The link for my animation is at http://sunspot01.deviantart.com/art/Catc h-of-the-Day-103905152 I'm looking for an upbeat jazz style music or a more tribal/jungle drum style. Either would work. My animation is 4 minutes and 15 seconds long, and I'm looking at probably four or five 30 second clips.

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Check my username for my contact information. I wish the portal had key words or something to help sort through the thousands of songs a little easier.

LanceofLonginus
LanceofLonginus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Help with music for new animation Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 02:29 PM Reply

What about cowboy bebop-ish, music? I mean, not usually my style, but id be gald to help you out:D

God's in his heaven. All's right with the world

Mexican-Dessert-Pie
Mexican-Dessert-Pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Help with music for new animation Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 05:27 PM Reply

I've got alot of music
go through my songs.
http://mexican-dessert-pie.newgrounds.co m/audio/

Sunspot01
Sunspot01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Help with music for new animation Nov. 18th, 2008 @ 06:59 PM Reply

Cowboy Bebop has a great intro song, but it is also highly polished. It would be awesome if I could get something that cool. Definitely has a feel that I'm trying to go for.

Mexican Dessert Pie, you got some great tunes there! Alot of them are a bit more digital/synth then I would want to use though. My animation is about a spider learning how to make a web to catch it's meal. Since the environments and setting is very naturalistic, I want to stick to music that has more regular instruments, aka guitars, drums, digeredos, bass, horns, organs, things like that. I noticed that alot of your songs are very ambient, which I could use also. I fav'ed 3 of them just in case cause they might work. Do you think you could make something that would feel...woodsy?

And not just you, but anyone that can help me out here. I'm thinking soft rthymic drums, maybe some pipes or something? Here's an example : "Mr.Moon" by Jamiroquai The intro to this song is exactly what I'm thinking. And again, check out my link in the first post to view my animation to get a feel of the setting and timings.