00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

how do you write code?

1,502 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

how do you write code? 2008-11-13 18:49:23

i would like to learn how to write code. Any 1 got tips or tricks of the trade?

dont hate me cus i p0wned u at halo!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-13 19:15:28

You need to be more specific.
You need to learn how to find things out for yourself.
Read the programming forum rules for more guidance on what you should do before asking questions and starting new threads.

You look lik a crap alt!

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-13 19:18:56

See if you can learn Visual Basic or even C++ first. C++ is more useful, but Visual Basic is easy for beginners that haven't coded before.

<3

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-13 19:54:25

At 11/13/08 06:58 PM, DarkMana wrote: Other than that, it generally consists of a lot of striking specific regions of the keyboard in sequence.

win

BBS Signature

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-16 09:19:13

be specific
if you want to learn the basics go on collections - flash tutorials and just go on "how to make" tutorials
and little by little you'll learn more.... I think

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-16 12:42:35

Also, what type of code are you talking about? There are tons of different things you can do with code, so just asking how do you write it is very unspecific.

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes -Romans 1:16

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-16 14:50:05

At 11/13/08 06:49 PM, zigyzag96 wrote: i would like to learn how to write code. Any 1 got tips or tricks of the trade?

First, what do you want to code?

1. Games? Actionscript and Flash are best in this domain, but there also are C, C++, D (and every existing language) librairies for graphics display and events. Half-Life was coded in C++.

2. Windows (Linux or whatever is your OS) executable? There are a lot of low-levels languages for this. If you want something easier, use high-level languages (like Python, Ruby and etc... that are interpreted, not compiled).

There are loads of possibilities, know precisely what you want to do and I'll help you out.

Response to how do you write code? 2008-11-16 16:33:12

I'd start with Visual Basic last year, it's pretty basic, and no pun intended :P Or, give Java a whirl. There are lots of languages out there, just need to find one that you want to learn.