Be a Supporter!
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
The Hookah Lounge Nov. 12th, 2008 @ 04:49 PM Reply

Greetings fellow hookah smokers! I have searched for a hookah crew hear and have found nothing, so this here is the official crew for all you hookah lovers and people who have questions and concerns etc.

This place will cover and discuss everything possible about hookah. Hookahs, tobaccos, accessories, expiriences lounges. Basically, if it has to do with hookah it is welcome and belongs here. Now, I myself started going to the local hookah bars and learned a thing or two from them. My friend bought a hookah and we have been smoking and modifying it every day since. I will say now that I am not the largest hookah fanatic out there, and I do not know the most. However, I know enough to teach others and plan on doing so. I also look forward to being taught things I don't know by hookah pros, assuming there are any here. So people, welcome, the lounge is now OPEN!

Just one question. Who... are... YOU?

The Hookah Lounge

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature
FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 12th, 2008 @ 04:52 PM Reply

First member I frequent one of the Hookah bars in my town. We call them shishas here.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 12th, 2008 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 11/12/08 04:52 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: First member I frequent one of the Hookah bars in my town. We call them shishas here.

Shisha is the tobacco used in the hooka. But my friend and I do that too. We either call it a hook or a sheesh. If it isn't already clear, those are shorts for hookah and shisha.

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature
FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 12th, 2008 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Aha, I see. Have you got any tips for making a hookah nice and smooth? Because when I do them they never turn out as smooth as in the hookah lounge in town.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 12th, 2008 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 11/12/08 04:52 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: First member I frequent one of the Hookah bars in my town. We call them shishas here.

This operates like a normal crew. You must request to be a member and have a legit reason. Also I should probably post the rules.

1. This is a hookah crew. Everything discussed must have something to do with hooka.

2. This thread is not a place wear lunatics may come to condemn us and tell us how bad hookah is for us, you know, because you antihookaists know EVERYTHING about hookah and have done research in more places than just wiki. Anyone with questions and concerns about hookah and health effects will be given all known information, good and bad. This is not a place for propaganda and swayed opinions.

3. This is not a drug thread. You can mention the effect smoking wacky tobacky has on a hooka, but this thread is about smoking hookah with its intended fuel. Shisha. No discussing smoking salvia or marijuana or other shit from your hookahs.

4. No fighting. Everybody who has an opinion is welcome to it. Opinions are not wrong. Statements can be wrong and can be argued but please provide proof if you can.

That's it for now!

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 12th, 2008 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 11/12/08 05:22 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: Aha, I see. Have you got any tips for making a hookah nice and smooth? Because when I do them they never turn out as smooth as in the hookah lounge in town.

Well there are many factors in that. Shisha can dry out. If your sheesh is dried out it will burn like a cigarette or pipe instead of roat as it is supposed to. You also need to pack the right amount, which will vary depending on your bowl. If you go to youtube you can look up videos on proper packing procedures and amounts. Watch a few then experiment until you find the right amount.

Your coal screen has another effect. I've seen a few screens and I don't like them. They tend to let in too much coal. Your best bet is to use tinfoil and use a small pin to poke holes. Don't make giant holes, just quick an lightly puncture the foil. You will quickly discover the right amount of holes necessary.

Start with these things. If things don't get better let me know.

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 15th, 2008 @ 01:51 PM Reply

I finally bought my own hookah yestertday. One of these one foot MYAs. I decided to make it a project. Buy the hookah as is, then slowly modify it to an "uberhookah". I think my first modification purchase will be a funnel bowl.

Oh, and I smoked a bowl meant for 2+ people by myself last night. Never, ever, again.

BBS Signature
FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 15th, 2008 @ 02:51 PM Reply

Nice little hookah there personally I share quite a big one with a couple of friends. It's quite nice looking anyway what are your favourite flavours? Mine are Apple and Cherry from the one's I've tried.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
Lacie
Lacie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 15th, 2008 @ 05:40 PM Reply

O_o strange but seems like fun lol

LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^
The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 15th, 2008 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 11/15/08 05:40 PM, Lacie wrote: O_o strange but seems like fun lol

We'll just gonna have to wait and see.

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
RussianGiant
RussianGiant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 15th, 2008 @ 08:37 PM Reply

is smoking from hookahs or whatever addicting? like for nicotene for example?

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 16th, 2008 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 11/15/08 07:47 PM, doody1 wrote: Hooker?

That's what I thought at first. I was going to flip out, shoot someone, and yell at all my bitches to get back on the streets and start makin mo money.

FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 16th, 2008 @ 04:45 AM Reply

At 11/15/08 08:37 PM, RussianGiant wrote: is smoking from hookahs or whatever addicting? like for nicotene for example?

No that's a good thing about it I'm not addicted at all. You can easily stop smoking it altogether. I usually have one once every month or so.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 16th, 2008 @ 12:31 PM Reply

I wish I could afford some big ass hookahs like that, mine is so fucking small.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 11/16/08 12:31 PM, EpicFail wrote: I wish I could afford some big ass hookahs like that, mine is so fucking small.

I have a small one too, but because of it's good quality, it smokes better than some larger ones. Although I'm sure its going to look rediculous with a funnel bowl on it.

BBS Signature
AntiGravity
AntiGravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 19th, 2008 @ 05:46 PM Reply

Imagine my luck when I was looking to make such a club like this today, and I should stumble upon this one on the first page of this forum :D

I've been a hookah smoker since mid July, smoking about once a week. Less than that lately, but still pretty consistently. I have this 10" little Chinese piece of junk thing that I'm selling to a friend of mine (along with some Nakhla Chocomint shisha that I'm not a big fan of) for $35. I'm then upgrading to a 12" Mya QT, since I heard that these smoke just as well as some of the bigger ones, and it's much easier to transport places.

What all kinds of shisha do you guys smoke?
I thought for the longest time all I had here locally was a bunch of Nakhla flavors. But the past couple days have been pretty exciting. My main supplier got in a big shipment of some Al Fakher shisha, and the cigar store down in the mall here carries Fantasia :D Good stuff.

Peace

Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 21st, 2008 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 11/19/08 05:46 PM, AntiGravity wrote: What all kinds of shisha do you guys smoke?

Well My friends and I started with lesser quality shisha, y'know, stuff like Al Waha (which is on the higher end of the lesser quality). After a while we upgraded to Starbuzz and we recently found Fusion, which is fucking delicious.

BBS Signature
AntiGravity
AntiGravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 22nd, 2008 @ 09:11 AM Reply

At 11/21/08 03:08 PM, Crue wrote:
At 11/19/08 05:46 PM, AntiGravity wrote: What all kinds of shisha do you guys smoke?
Well My friends and I started with lesser quality shisha, y'know, stuff like Al Waha (which is on the higher end of the lesser quality). After a while we upgraded to Starbuzz and we recently found Fusion, which is fucking delicious.

Ah. Speaking of Fusion, what flavors have you tried and really liked? I'm going with a friend within the next few days to a place nearby that has some Fusion flavors.
For me it's been exclusively Nakhla. Which isn't bad; I get a really awesome buzz pretty fast. Tried some Nakhla Cola last night out of my friend's hookah. It was pretty tasty actually. We mixed water and Coke in the base, and that was really good :D

As it turns out, my friend didn't pick me up the AF Watermelon the other day :( But I'll just get it myself when I pick up my Mya QT next week. I'm so freaking excited :)

FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 22nd, 2008 @ 03:52 PM Reply

I had apricot-flavour yesterday, pretty nice stuff. I shared a hookah with a friend; it was a pretty relaxing evening. Don't you just love those quiet evenings with a hookah? They're just perfect.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 22nd, 2008 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 11/22/08 09:11 AM, AntiGravity wrote: Ah. Speaking of Fusion, what flavors have you tried and really liked?

We have so far only tried Apricot and Chocolate Strawberry. Apricot is a wonderful mixer and Chocolate Strawberry is good by itself or mixed.

BBS Signature
FC-Thun-Fan
FC-Thun-Fan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 23rd, 2008 @ 04:07 AM Reply

At 11/22/08 11:43 PM, Crue wrote:
At 11/22/08 09:11 AM, AntiGravity wrote: Ah. Speaking of Fusion, what flavors have you tried and really liked?
We have so far only tried Apricot and Chocolate Strawberry. Apricot is a wonderful mixer and Chocolate Strawberry is good by itself or mixed.

Chocolate and Strawberry sounds good I'll have to try that soon.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature
AntiGravity
AntiGravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 26th, 2008 @ 09:06 AM Reply

At 11/23/08 04:07 AM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote:
At 11/22/08 11:43 PM, Crue wrote:
Chocolate and Strawberry sounds good I'll have to try that soon.

Mm, that does sound good! Is the chocolate flavor really prominent though? I had a choco-mint shisha before, and really I couldn't tell that there was any chocolate in it. Sure smelled like it, but the taste wasn't there.

Just gonna throw this out here: While driving home from school yesterday I happened to look over to the right and see this tiny ass place with a sign in the window that said HOOKAH BAR. I was ecstatic since I've been trying to find this place for a while now :D Through the window I saw some nice looking hookahs and a pretty chill place, so I can't wait to actually go there sometime.

By any chance are any of you all members on HookahForum? If not I'd certainly recommend at least checking it out. I've learned a TON from that place, and I've only been a registered user there for a few months :)

CH4ZM4N92
CH4ZM4N92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Nov. 30th, 2008 @ 07:56 AM Reply

Well i finally got around to smoking some Hookah. I had Strawberry Dacari.(sp?) it was pretty good. Il probably start smoking it regulary. Do yall know any good flavors?

Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 09:34 PM Reply

So I ran out of coals a while ago but I just bought a roll of Three Kings and a tin of Starbuzz Apple Martini. It sounds interesting but I'm not 100% on it. I'm going to fire it up tonight and let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow.

Also I located the best shisha I have ever tasted. It is called Potion. The only one I have tried is the melon (I'm honestly not sure if they even have other flavors). But it was GODLY! If you can get ahold of this shit, do it, you will not regret it!

BBS Signature
visiblecrumpet
visiblecrumpet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 15th, 2008 @ 11:14 PM Reply

My my hookah its been awhile. Didn't think people knew so much about them but i guess they do.
haven't smoked a hookah since I was like 10 but as i remembered it, it was delicious. smoking that whilst playing rayman was just great fun. Now seeing as I'm a smoker nowadays do you guys know if that would make a difference? do you even inhale hookah smoke? I honestly can't remember for the life of me how it works.

Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 16th, 2008 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Yes, you inhale. If you smoke, then you know what shitty tobacco tastes like. Having that experience hookah smoke tastes even better.

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Ok, so i tried the Starbuzz Apple Martini flavor. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. It didn't taste close enough to an apple martini and the flavor wasn't very strong. I'd say it might be an OK mixer but it does not rank high on my flavors list.

BBS Signature
linkinpatt
linkinpatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 18th, 2008 @ 09:08 PM Reply

Are hookahs illegal?

I'll keep it short and sweet - Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.
[Sig by ParadoxVoid]

BBS Signature
ArtistJ
ArtistJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 12:22 AM Reply

I would like to join your crew. I have been an avid hookah smoker for about four years now.

I have 5 hookahs.

I have two 3 hose super nova rotators, one 30 inches, the other 32 inches tall, both with medium bases. One with Ice chamber, one without, all interchangeable parts.

Another 2 hose rotator with Huge base, large ice chamber and a tall 36 inches.

and a medium sized 18 inch "mini Tower" one hose

and a Handheld All Stainless Hookah Pipe, 8 inches tall from fumari.

I use 3 kings Coals and Chinese ceramic Bowls.
But im thinking of switching to all natural Coconara coals.

My favorite brands are fumari and sinbad, but the new Hookah freak flavors are growing on me, and I often buy layalina

BBS Signature
Crue
Crue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Hookah Lounge Dec. 20th, 2008 @ 01:04 AM Reply

At 12/18/08 09:08 PM, linkinpatt wrote: Are hookahs illegal?

No. They are perfectly legal. As long as you can legally buy tobacco products. As far as I know anyhow. There may be places where they are not.

At 12/20/08 12:22 AM, ArtistJ wrote: I would like to join your crew. I have been an avid hookah smoker for about four years now.

Cool! Welcome!

I have 5 hookahs.

God Damn sir!

I have two 3 hose super nova rotators, one 30 inches, the other 32 inches tall, both with medium bases. One with Ice chamber, one without, all interchangeable parts.

Niiiice.

Another 2 hose rotator with Huge base, large ice chamber and a tall 36 inches.

Fucking sweet!

and a medium sized 18 inch "mini Tower" one hose

I'm guessing that was your first?

and a Handheld All Stainless Hookah Pipe, 8 inches tall from fumari.

Yeah, I've seen those. Do they work well?

I use 3 kings Coals and Chinese ceramic Bowls.

Yeah, that would be the brand I prefer.

But im thinking of switching to all natural Coconara coals.

I've thought about it. I have to find them first.

My favorite brands are fumari and sinbad, but the new Hookah freak flavors are growing on me, and I often buy layalina

Layalina?! You need to track down Starbuzz (Great), Fusion (Better), and Potion (Best I have ever had). I haven't seen fumari or hookah freak near me. Although I started with Al Waha and Layalina.

BBS Signature