00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jesspionic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Universe Collab

51,368 Views | 1,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-01 05:40:46

Good news. My uncle is arriving on this Tuesday (November 3). I can't wait to contribute to Photoshop threads! But most of all, I can't wait to resume working on my part.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-01 06:25:16

At 10/31/09 10:01 PM, Helbereth wrote: Well my clip is finished. Has been, really, for most of the week.

Just thought I'd bump the thread.

Send the .fla to archon68@gmail.com, please!

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-01 12:21:15

Archon are you okay with my part being done now or do you want me to do changes?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-06 12:13:12

Yeesh, Page 4?

This needs a bump.

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-07 17:35:24

At 11/6/09 12:13 PM, Helbereth wrote: Yeesh, Page 4?

This needs a bump.

Are you gonna send me your part, or what?

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-08 05:40:40

At 10/30/09 05:25 PM, mrty wrote:
At 10/28/09 05:51 PM, andy70707 wrote: Just thought I would let you know, my laptop has broken and I have to reformat it, so it will probably be a month or so before I can reinstall flash and work on my part, and if there was a deadline I might have to drop out.
This is why you should store your files in a flash disk like I do. I wish I did this with my oldest flashes, so I could resurrect some of them, which were potentially good ones.

Lol, quadruple post

yay, fixed my laptop now, and I didnt loose any personal files, since I have a 160GB external disk which I store them all on. I also upgraded a few things on my laptop on the way, and my dad was really nice and decided to pay for it all. So all the problem was is that the hard drive had died (physically broken, not just some files corrupted) and some ram wasnt working, and I had a load of colourful lines along my screen because of a dodgy connector, so I:
-upgraded the internal HDD from Seagate 5400RPM 120GB to Toshiba 7500RPM 320GB
-upgraded ram from kingston 2x1gb DDR2 533MHz to 1x2gb DDR2 667MHz
-got a new battery (HP 6 cell to 12 cell, lasts about 3 hours now, instead oh half an hour)
-opened up the screen and put some tape over the ribbon connector and the screen to get rid of the lines
-upgraded OS from vista (I would have jsut reinstalled it but didnt have an instalation disk) to windows 7 ultimate beta to windows 7 home premium full version
-upgraded office from 2003-2007 (I already had the instalation disk but didnt install it before since I only had about 15GB of HDD space left)

So now I have a faster, better, more stable computer and I should be able to get my new part done soon.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-14 17:36:11

At 11/8/09 05:40 AM, andy70707 wrote: Stuff

Cool story bro

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-25 17:31:36

Just checking in...

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-25 17:33:54

I think this collab may have died archon.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-25 17:42:42

At 11/25/09 05:33 PM, windowskiller wrote: I think this collab may have died archon.

Dude, most of the parts are done, there's a ton of quality parts, and there's only a few left that are being worked on.

This collab is most definitely not dead.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-25 18:25:03

Well then I can't wait

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-25 18:56:47

At 11/25/09 05:33 PM, windowskiller wrote: I think this collab may have died archon.

Like 4ur said, there are plenty of people working on parts. There just isn't enough new info to keep this thread on the front page of the Flash Forum.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-26 17:27:40

I'll have to be honest with you... I haven't worked on my part for months. For some reason, Flash rarely comes to my mind nowadays, I prefer doing Photoshop and playing video games, and I'm also a lot busy with school.

This isn't about this collab, I think I'm bored of Flash in general. Of course this doesn't mean that I won't finish my part, it's just that, somehow I lost the enthusiasm I used to have about Flash. Effective work entails enthusiasm, it's common knowledge. Whenever I think of working on my part now, I either "delay" it or open it, but I get bored in 2 minutes while messing around with the brush doing nothing...

I'm truly sorry that things had to turn out this way, but don't worry: I'm a member of this collab and I'll get my part done. It'll turn out good. If only there was some way to regain my enthusiasm...

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-27 09:14:05

At 11/26/09 05:27 PM, mrty wrote: I'll have to be honest with you... I haven't worked on my part for months. For some reason, Flash rarely comes to my mind nowadays, I prefer doing Photoshop and playing video games, and I'm also a lot busy with school.

As long as you're playing MW2, I'm OK... :D

This isn't about this collab, I think I'm bored of Flash in general. Of course this doesn't mean that I won't finish my part, it's just that, somehow I lost the enthusiasm I used to have about Flash. Effective work entails enthusiasm, it's common knowledge. Whenever I think of working on my part now, I either "delay" it or open it, but I get bored in 2 minutes while messing around with the brush doing nothing...

I'm glad you'll finish your part, at least. I lose enthusiasm on projects very easily, and it always helps to just say, "OK, I'm going to add three seconds of animation to the movie." Once you get started, you probably won't realize that instead of three seconds, you've added ten seconds.

I'm truly sorry that things had to turn out this way, but don't worry: I'm a member of this collab and I'll get my part done. It'll turn out good. If only there was some way to regain my enthusiasm...

Try finding something more fun to do for a while.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-30 16:20:59

Bump.

Still just waiting on a bit more completion.

My part is done, is yours?

Don't patronize me, I know I'm awful at everything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-11-30 18:49:24

At 11/30/09 04:20 PM, Helbereth wrote: Bump.

Still just waiting on a bit more completion.

My part is done, is yours?

It is slowly coming along. I'm not sure what else to add to it.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-12-20 08:24:30

Howdy Ma'am.

Response to The Universe Collab 2009-12-31 20:43:44

Should I call it, guys?

The Universe Collab

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-01-08 06:27:53

At 12/31/09 08:43 PM, Archon68 wrote: Should I call it, guys?

Dead? Not yet. How many parts are left anyway? 4 or 5? I think if we can get a couple more artists to do a few more parts, then that's all we'll need. If not, then we could always just put together what we have so far. We got some pretty good quality parts, and I think we can make something with this.

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-01-08 18:31:33

At 1/8/10 06:27 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 12/31/09 08:43 PM, Archon68 wrote: Should I call it, guys?
Dead? Not yet. How many parts are left anyway? 4 or 5? I think if we can get a couple more artists to do a few more parts, then that's all we'll need. If not, then we could always just put together what we have so far. We got some pretty good quality parts, and I think we can make something with this.

I've got about 7 parts so far (including my own). I guess we'll have to keep this out there so people can see it.

The reason I was asking if it was dead or not was because nobody has been active at all in this for months. It's also against the rules for JUST ME to keep bumping this by myself.

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-01-09 05:22:28

At 1/8/10 06:31 PM, Archon68 wrote: I've got about 7 parts so far (including my own). I guess we'll have to keep this out there so people can see it.

The reason I was asking if it was dead or not was because nobody has been active at all in this for months. It's also against the rules for JUST ME to keep bumping this by myself.

There's no reason to rush it, like you said before, remember? Even if this collab is going to take 5 more years to be done, I'm all for it. School has been applying A LOT of pressure on me lately, and I'm pretty sure that most people in this collab are in the same situation. The reason why it was easy to do it during the summer holiday is because, obviously, we didn't have any school/job work to worry about. This thread may have been forgotten by most people, but it's activity will keep rising and falling. Right now it's falling because it's busy life for everyone, but when the next summer holiday comes up, it will rise again. You watch.

At 1/7/10 08:52 PM, chubbthehippo wrote:
At 11/26/09 05:27 PM, mrty wrote: I'll have to be honest with you... I haven't worked on my part for months.
A big loss to us all.

You're not being sarcastic, right?

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-01-10 10:32:22

Personally I put a lot of hardwork into this collab and I'd be quite pissed to see it die. That's why I keep checking this thread periodically anyways. 4u is right all we need is a few more quality artists and we'd be done. Maybe if archon could repost the open parts we'll get some intrested artists?

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-01-10 11:14:39

Also, I highly suggest you change finding science to a different part, because nobody has the slightest clue as to what to do for finding science. My suggestion would be you instead put world war I and II so many people would want to animate that.

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-02-16 09:24:13

I know that saying "one day" over and over again is annoying, but one day I do feel that this collab will be active again. I don't know what other members are doing right now. Maybe they completely forgot about this project, or maybe they lost enthusiasm just like me. Perhaps making a massive PM warning every collab member will be enough to get them back in track.

While I might have run out of enthusiasm and have a lot of my own projects right now, I may resume this if the situation requires. Be warned though, that we're doing this for fun after all. If we ever rush this, it won't be any fun at all. Let's just take our time and keep planning ahead.

Response to The Universe Collab 2010-02-16 20:56:14

At 2/16/10 09:24 AM, mrty wrote: I know that saying "one day" over and over again is annoying, but one day I do feel that this collab will be active again. I don't know what other members are doing right now. Maybe they completely forgot about this project, or maybe they lost enthusiasm just like me. Perhaps making a massive PM warning every collab member will be enough to get them back in track.

While I might have run out of enthusiasm and have a lot of my own projects right now, I may resume this if the situation requires. Be warned though, that we're doing this for fun after all. If we ever rush this, it won't be any fun at all. Let's just take our time and keep planning ahead.

I'm going to be moving this into the collaboration forum soon, but I want to finish what I'm working on so I won't half-ass this entire collab. This has/had potential, and I'm not going to give it up this easily. We have some amazing parts, and I'll get this submitted no matter what.

Response to The Universe Collab 2011-03-03 12:34:09

hey, i totally forgot i did something for this collab. is it still going to happen? whats the scoop?

BBS Signature