00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zpredojev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

bangyouredead's Art Thread

2,788 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 15:34:49

At 10/30/08 03:23 PM, MiddleFingerRings wrote:
At 10/29/08 04:31 PM, Ghostgas wrote: Keep up the good work... If there was one thing I feel you could work on is perspective, this will add more depth to your work and also allow you to emphasise certain features.
WRONG. I'd suggest starting out the way he is starting, copying other artists' work, picking up little tricks and style features. After he's gained his own solid style, and his anatomy is strong, then move on to perspective, otherwise he'll never get the basics. JEEZ JORDY.

Thanks for the comments, and I agree I shouldn't start perspective yet, but don't say other peoples comments are wrong, because they're only trying to help, K?

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 15:56:50

At 10/30/08 03:34 PM, bangyouredead wrote:
Thanks for the comments, and I agree I shouldn't start perspective yet, but don't say other peoples comments are wrong, because they're only trying to help, K?

Hah, he can take it, he's a friend of mine.

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 16:21:43

At 10/30/08 03:56 PM, MiddleFingerRings wrote:
At 10/30/08 03:34 PM, bangyouredead wrote:
Hah, he can take it, he's a friend of mine.

Well okay then if you're sure -_-
Another pic, just a few sketches I was doing in my room.

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 16:59:54

I have to say, from the work I've seen in this thread, I wasn't actually impressed on most of the posts, but what really got me was how much you're improving. Keep it up!
A lot of people here are giving you good advice too. If you plan on drawing lots of cartoons, human anatomy is a great way to help get the structure and proportions right. And if you structure your characters in different shapes (like cylinders for arms and legs and spheres for joints), it's easier to work with the angles you want your poses to be in, and will help create better perspective. Drawing these with a loose shoulder (not using your wrist but your whole arm instead) is probably the best way to put them together.
You seem to be practicing a lot, and that is key. Don't stop drawing!
Good luck on making the improvements. Now I've got to get cracking and make mine. XD

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 17:00:11

that drawing is...well that is a doodle. I could tell that you were bored. I know that what I do when I'm bored.

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 17:09:28

At 10/29/08 11:48 AM, bangyouredead wrote: Another one. The goblin is one of my fave pics.

You just traced that from a "Learn to draw Japanese animation",
I have that book also both drawings come from that book.
You're good, but just try to create something of you're own. Plus, you can draw nice body's only you should work on the feet. Don't draw them like Egyptian Hieroglyphs.

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 18:45:22

At 10/30/08 05:09 PM, Colombiana wrote:
At 10/29/08 11:48 AM, bangyouredead wrote: Another one. The goblin is one of my fave pics.
You just traced that from a "Learn to draw Japanese animation",
I have that book also both drawings come from that book.
You're good, but just try to create something of you're own. Plus, you can draw nice body's only you should work on the feet. Don't draw them like Egyptian Hieroglyphs.

I'm working on the whole "creating something of my own bit". I'm just not very imaginative at times, I'll try and put something together tonight, and post it in the morning :)

Also, thanks for all the advice guys, it's really helpful and well appreciated :D

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-30 19:09:14

Lmao. Thats pretty funny. I suck at drawing, your a lot better than me.

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-31 09:41:37

At 10/30/08 07:09 PM, TehSpicyPineapple wrote: Lmao. Thats pretty funny. I suck at drawing, your a lot better than me.

I'm not the best though, I'm no where near the best. But I try my hardest, and keep going, no matter how many times I mess up.
Also another pic, I drew this last night, using my How to draw cutting edge comics book.

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-31 10:18:42

At 10/30/08 09:01 AM, bangyouredead wrote: Okay, I drew this last night.
Hope you like it, I think it's one of the best I've done so far :)

Hey, I recognize that CrystalHead guy from one of my drawing books, too. Looks great.
Do you keep your stuff in date-order, so you can tell where you're improving and where you still need work? That has helped me a bunch.

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-31 10:26:57

At 10/31/08 10:18 AM, OatmealHat wrote:
Hey, I recognize that CrystalHead guy from one of my drawing books, too. Looks great.
Do you keep your stuff in date-order, so you can tell where you're improving and where you still need work? That has helped me a bunch.

Yeah, it's all in a folder, from what I've done first, to my most recent work :)

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-31 12:17:16

its well done but when doign faces remember that the eyes are half way down your head. you are improving, keep it up

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-31 12:48:29

At 10/31/08 12:17 PM, Lemmiwinks91 wrote:
its well done but when doign faces remember that the eyes are half way down your head. you are improving, keep it up

Yeah, I copied it out of a book to help with my drawings, And when drawing the eye you can see fully, I messed up a bit, so his eyes are wonky >.<

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-10-31 20:54:48

I made this for DT (Design & Technology), it's school work, I had to make a tribal mask, like a native american one.
I think I did quite well, what do you think?

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-02 08:50:12

bump

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-02 10:08:10

At 10/31/08 09:41 AM, bangyouredead wrote:

I'm not the best though, I'm no where near the best. But I try my hardest, and keep going, no matter how many times I mess up.
Also another pic, I drew this last night, using my How to draw cutting edge comics book.

okay, now this is really cool looking. The perspective on it is really good.

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-02 11:36:41

At 11/2/08 10:08 AM, g-kwan155 wrote:
At 10/31/08 09:41 AM, bangyouredead wrote:

okay, now this is really cool looking. The perspective on it is really good.

I'm gonna try and do some more stuff tonight, but I won't have much time to do anything for a while starting Tuesday, as it's back to school I go :(
I guess, there's always Christmas....Not too long now :)

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-02 12:03:22

At 11/2/08 08:50 AM, bangyouredead wrote: bump

Wow, I'll say what I said to someone else: Way to be man. XD
And the mask thing is pretty cool. What is it? Paper-Mache?

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-02 12:17:33

At 11/2/08 12:03 PM, Hellknight1000 wrote:
At 11/2/08 08:50 AM, bangyouredead wrote: bump
Wow, I'll say what I said to someone else: Way to be man. XD
And the mask thing is pretty cool. What is it? Paper-Mache?

Heh, well.....Wallpaper paste and newspaper, if that counts ;P

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-03 10:52:22

Just something I drew last night, I didn't copy it out of one of my drawing books either. I think I did alright, I was trying to practice facial features, like the nose and lips and eyes.

BBS Signature

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-03 14:27:38

not bad.....i noticed that with every pic your gettin better and better....

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to bangyouredead's Art Thread 2008-11-03 14:33:10

At 11/3/08 02:27 PM, Peglay wrote: not bad.....i noticed that with every pic your gettin better and better....

Yeah the lot of the stuff at the start of the topic was drawn months ago, but some of the stuff I've been posting more recently, I've done in my spare time over the past 2 weeks.

BBS Signature