Be a Supporter!

Faux news should be banned

  • 1,414 Views
  • 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Al6200
Al6200
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 13:35:00 Reply

The simplest solution here would be to create a statute that softens the requirements for bringing a slander/lible lawsuit, or make it illegal to offer economics advice unless you're a real economist or offer technical advice on an issue like nuclear power unless you actually have some sort of a technical degree (we already do this with doctors and engineers, so it's not it would be unprecedented).

Part of the problem today is that we haven't updated our state licensing systems to new issues. It would be illegal for me to say that I'm a civil engineer and tell you that your house is built unsafely and that you need me to fix it. However, it wouldn't be illegal for me to go on TV and say that Yucca Mountain is dangerous and that you need to buy some solar panels from me.


"The mountain is a quarry of rock, the trees are a forest of timber, the rivers are water in the dam, the wind is wind-in-the-sails"

-Martin Heidegger

BBS Signature
Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 14:10:42 Reply

At 10/28/08 01:30 PM, Memorize wrote: I'll waiting for more denial to come!

I don't think Fixed News should be banned. It's simply because it is fixed that people hate it. People on both sides can take bias, but there's a limit. Faux News has a habit of having bias some greasy you'd have to wipe off the screen. There's nothing fair about the coverage. Those statistics you posted, are fair game. Ask people you bump into often to watch Fixed News, then MSNBC. One to the left, and one to right. And you'd find out that Faux News is more biased. And is nothing more than a who can scream the loudest competition followed up the Interrupt/Disrupt/Insult tactic so others can't get their words in.

To further my proof of how bias Fixed News is. Remember that Ashly Todd story? Even before the facts came out about the report, the idiots from Drudge Report and Fixed News apparently posted the story up first. Causing a massive whirlwind of comments like...

by houstontx
Texas
[Oct 23, 2008 5:41:03 PM]
Let's see if the MSM picks this one up. NOT! If it would have been someone with a B.O. sticker that got mugged, this would have been all over the news by now.

by gwennie
Florida
[Oct 23, 2008 5:41:13 PM]
I pray she will be okay. Just goes to show how far these leftist liberals will go! Also, I personally take offense to Obama's comments regarding PA's Bible and gun holding conservatives. I am a proud Christian and Obama is clearly trying to be the Anti-Christ!

by norbert

[Oct 23, 2008 5:41:24 PM]
WHERE'S THE HATE CRIME ACCUSATION? WHY DOES AP NOT TELL US THE RACE OF THE MUGGER? WHY DOES THE "MAINSTREAM MEDIA" TRY TO COVER UP THE OVERWHELMING PERCENTAGE OF VIOLENT CRIMES COMMITTED BY BLACK CRIMINALS - SO SOCIETY CAN DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM, INSTEAD OF AVOIDING IT....... AFRAID TO BE CALLED, WHAT ELSE! - RACIST!!!!!

by bamagirl
Alabama
[Oct 23, 2008 5:52:36 PM]
Why hasn't this been reported on ABC, CBS, NBC or MSNBC? The only place that you find any information on this is Fox News & Drudge. You know that if this was an Obama volunteer it would be all over the place. It will only get worse if the Democrats should win & enforce the fairness doctrine.

by kkb11

[Oct 23, 2008 5:54:56 PM]
BO supporters believe they are above the law...just like their candidate.

That was before the facts came in. Then the idiotic Executive Vice President of Faux News wrote on his on blog...

Moment Of Truth (Posted from his blog on the 23rd of October)

It had to happen.

Less than two weeks before we vote for a new president, a white woman says a black man attacked her, then scarred her face, and says there was a political motive for it.

Ashley Todd, a 20-year-old white volunteer for John McCain's presidential campaign, says she was mugged at an ATM machine in Pittsburgh (my hometown) by a big black man. She further says he threw her down, then disfigured her by carving the letter "B" into her face with a sharp implement when he saw that she supported McCain, not Barack Obama.

Part of the appeal of, and the unspoken tension behind, Senator Obama's campaign is his transformational status as the first African-American to win a major party's presidential nomination.

That does not mean that he has erased the mutual distrust between black and white Americans, and this incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election.

If Ms. Todd's allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.

If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain's quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting.

For Pittsburgh, a city that has done so much to shape American history over the centuries, another moment of truth is at hand.

^Ends right there

Two days later the truth came out. Let's look at the comments, shall we?

Hey Fox News! How come this story isn't on your front page anymore??? A little embarassed at the spin you put on this along with comments made by your staff...maybe? Fair and balance my a$$!

I love how Fox disallowed comments on the updated story. Guess no backlash wanted, huh?

"It had to happen," John Moody, a news executive at FOX, wrote on his blog Thursday night. "If Ms. Todd's allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee," Moody wrote. "If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain's quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting." So, it's turned out to be a hoax. Where's your story on how "McCain's quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting" Can't wait to see it in print. Oh, I forgot -- you're not allowing comments on the updated, CORRECT story, and you've taken it off your "headlines

When this story broke yesterday, anti-Obama posters were all over it and could hardly wait to express their contempt and hatred toward Barack Obama and those who support him, despite the fact that the photo showed a backwards "B" on her face that could only be viewed properly in a mirror. FOXNews almost gleefully ran the story all day long. Yesterday, I said in my post that I would wait for the facts to come out and that I was sure that the Obama campaign had nothing to do with it. Well, now we all know that she lied. I can't help but wonder if the situation was reversed and a Black female Obama supporter made the same accusation against a White alleged McCain supporter who had allegedly assaulted her, would the reaction by yesterday's posters have been the same? Would they have been so quick to believe her? I think clearly not!

These are the same people that visit that bullshit site daily for news. Now I've seen you around this forum, you do a good job defending Conservatives, but with a slant that big, and in a world filled with ignorant people of course Fixed News seems like a reliable source for news. I'll leave it like this. I've wasted enough bone marrow.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
TehChahlesh
TehChahlesh
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 16:05:11 Reply

Fuck yeah dude, Fox News is total bullshit. All the other channels are so fair and <a> that we should make them the only channels! How us are we going to make sure that the people of America only get information that helps our party, right bro?


The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.
Roses Are Red Violets are Blue
I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

TehChahlesh
TehChahlesh
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 16:06:57 Reply

At 10/28/08 04:05 PM, TehChahlesh wrote: Fuck yeah dude, Fox News is total bullshit. All the other channels are so fair and <a> that we should make them the only channels! How us are we going to make sure that the people of America only get information that helps our party, right bro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhT2gbJwZ h0

pardon me, this link should have been in there as well.


The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.
Roses Are Red Violets are Blue
I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 16:25:48 Reply

At 10/28/08 04:06 PM, TehChahlesh wrote: pardon me, this link should have been in there as well.

Ha ha ha! Yep, they are fair. The difference is even though the bias is there, they often let their guests speak to hear their points. And if it's something stupid enough to incriminate themselves on, it would be on the guest his/herself to deal with. Example being Michelle Bachmann. Poor woman forgot she wasn't on fixed news and fucked up her chances of being re-elected again. So yes, this is nothing. As for Joe. He is quite fair. He's not all for McCain nor Obama. 6 Years ago he followed Bush, agreed with everyone of his policies. Now, he's moderate.

I suggest you watch Morning Joe though. He bitches a lot about the Democrats as often as Republicans. Back then, he slanted to the right. He's pretty much what Bill O'Reilly pretends to be.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
Memorize
Memorize
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Animator
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 17:04:09 Reply

Like I predicted, the denial continues.

All you have is a pitiful story. Just 1 out of so many.

I, on the otherhand, have given statistics by the people and Universities to support my claim that they are considered the "most trustworthy" and have the "most balanced" news of the Major Networks.

I'm so sorry you can't wrap your mind around that.

I guess to you, it's just too painfull to be true, right?

RMarioid
RMarioid
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 17:34:03 Reply

At 10/27/08 06:32 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
Also, republicans that I know have almost all said the same things about the networks that you and me watch and think "how intelligent they are."

Everything is biased. Everything. It's just that the things that are biased in favor of you sound great and the things that are biased in favor of those who oppose you sound ridiculous.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if that opinion is different than ours.

I completely agree with you there. News will always be biased (especially CNN and FOX) but It seems to be getting worse with this election.

Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 17:36:22 Reply

At 10/28/08 05:04 PM, Memorize wrote: I'm so sorry you can't wrap your mind around that.

I can, have, and acknowledged it. You missed it. Shame.

I guess to you, it's just too painfull to be true, right?

Not at all. I just call it as I see it. Fixed. Why be so concerned if you're right...right...right?


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-28 18:14:04 Reply

At 10/28/08 05:34 PM, RMarioid wrote: I completely agree with you there. News will always be biased (especially CNN and FOX) but It seems to be getting worse with this election.

Agreed. My only gripe is, if you're gonna be bias. Damn it, make sure that you're bias isn't based off of anything you pulled out of your ass, which is one of the reasons why I'm not a fan of Faux. It would be cool if they were, but rarely is there a time Democrats or Independents fuck up enough to give them the ammo GOP members give the "Liberal Media" to play with. So, they make their own a good majority of the time.

At 10/28/08 06:09 PM, Grammer wrote:
-Has the most balanced members of the station being liberals and conservatives
That's a laugh

Shhhh! He's right...right...right.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
Metalhead772
Metalhead772
  • Member since: Jun. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 15:47:27 Reply

At 10/28/08 04:05 AM, ThePretenders wrote: If I watch American 'news', I watch John Stewart. That show is more factual than (CNN, Fox, and NBC, the channels I have). The same applies to other 'news' sources from other countries.

It's kind ofg sad when Comedians are less bias than news networks. I agree with you on that. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is better than all the major networks


BBS Signature
TehChahlesh
TehChahlesh
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 17:45:44 Reply

At 10/28/08 04:05 AM, ThePretenders wrote: If I watch American 'news', I watch John Stewart. That show is more factual than (CNN, Fox, and NBC, the channels I have). The same applies to other 'news' sources from other countries.

Shows like the Daily Show or Colbert Report intentionally edit clips to make politicians(or there supporters) look bad. You know, because they're supposed to be FUNNY. Not news. FUNNY.

You know what? Let me just put it like this:
THE DAILY SHOW IS NOT A NEWS PROGRAM YOU FUCKING IDIOT


The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.
Roses Are Red Violets are Blue
I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

CBP
CBP
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 17:51:30 Reply

I love the Colbert Report because while they do edit their clips, they do it to be funny, and will not make you look stupid unless you deserve it. If I ever mention Joe the Plumber 15 time in 90 minutes, by all means, don't hold back.


A former rebellion is just a present conformity
http://cbp.newgrounds.com/

TehChahlesh
TehChahlesh
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 17:53:24 Reply

At 10/29/08 05:51 PM, CBP wrote: I love the Colbert Report because while they do edit their clips, they do it to be funny, and will not make you look stupid unless you deserve it. If I ever mention Joe the Plumber 15 time in 90 minutes, by all means, don't hold back.

But watching the Colbert Report for your news is fucking stupid. It's like subscribing to the Weekly World instead of a medical journal.


The average BBS user couldn't detect sarcasm if it was shoved up his ass.
Roses Are Red Violets are Blue
I'm Schizophrenic and so am I

CBP
CBP
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 17:59:35 Reply

At 10/29/08 05:53 PM, TehChahlesh wrote:

But watching the Colbert Report for your news is fucking stupid. It's like subscribing to the Weekly World instead of a medical journal.

True, which is why I also watch K.O. (Keith Olberman just for all the idiots out there.) Colbert is a great comedian, and he couples that with journalism.


A former rebellion is just a present conformity
http://cbp.newgrounds.com/

Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 19:03:14 Reply

At 10/29/08 05:59 PM, CBP wrote: True, which is why I also watch K.O. (Keith Olberman just for all the idiots out there.) Colbert is a great comedian, and he couples that with journalism.

Followed up by The Rachel Maddow show. She's quite good, For a News Network that most people have to pay more to get which is why a good majority of people can't watch MSNBC. I speak only for the people that have Dish Networks. Fixed News and CNN are the same. So really, to find out that KO and Rachel Maddow is beating Bill O'Reilly in ratings is quite surprising. So surprising that it's pissing Bill'o The Clown off calling it a glitch.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 19:12:40 Reply

At 10/29/08 05:45 PM, TehChahlesh wrote: You know what? Let me just put it like this:
THE DAILY SHOW IS NOT A NEWS PROGRAM YOU FUCKING IDIOT

You fucking moron. Don't you think I know that? That's why I said 'news' you fucking illiterate bastard.


BBS Signature
ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 19:14:32 Reply

At 10/29/08 07:12 PM, ThePretenders wrote:
At 10/29/08 05:45 PM, TehChahlesh wrote: You know what? Let me just put it like this:
THE DAILY SHOW IS NOT A NEWS PROGRAM YOU FUCKING IDIOT
You fucking moron. Don't you think I know that? That's why I said 'news' you fucking illiterate bastard.

P.S. the quotation marks means that it really isn't news.


BBS Signature
SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-10-29 19:56:23 Reply

At 10/28/08 02:21 AM, DeathAura wrote:
FOX News tells it's viewers it's balanced, therefore of course it's going to be voted "most balanced" and "most trustworthy." I could also say the same for all news stations, but we're discussing FOX in particular here.

The fact that you said "I could also say the same for all news stations." Pretty much discredits the argument. Other news stations DO say that they're the best, most accurate, why would they not?

I'm going by statistics...
So because most people in America are stupid, I have to be stupid too?

Arguing that you're more intelligent than the people in the poll isn't an argument at all, you can't discredit people's opinions strictly on the grounds that you're more intelligent than they are, otherwise the two of us could spend the entire day telling the other to stop arguing because I [or you] were smarter.

"Just Fox News was seen as mostly and somewhat conservative (48.7%) over mostly
or somewhat liberal (22.3%)."

So, while more people (20%) find it to be the most trust worthy source, nearly 50% believe it is still a biased source. Additionally, as the question in which 22.3% of pollees said Fox news was trust worthy and reliable asked for the most trustworthy source out of all of them, it could be just as easily interpreted to mean that 88% felt there was some other source that was more reliable than fox news,

This is true, but with any other station the statistics were equally as dismal, if not, lower. The poll's not arguing that Americans have an emphatic and unified support of FNC, only that general american aproval is the least dismal with fox news.

Now, if all conservatives watched fox news, then independents and liberals are watching every other station that you probably argue as valid. If these people are good smart liberals, why do they disprove of reporting by, say, the new york times, that is good and smart.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

slipknotfan591
slipknotfan591
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 11:49:06 Reply

At 10/27/08 06:24 PM, CBP wrote: I don't think they should ban it. It is a pitiful excuse for a news network, no denying that, but banning it would inhibit freedom of speech, and even though they are misguided uninformed dumbasses, they are Americans with freedom of speech.

So CNN is better?

MSNBC shouldn't even be on cable. No one cares about MSNBC.

Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 12:03:53 Reply

At 11/1/08 11:49 AM, slipknotfan591 wrote: So CNN is better?

Well it depends. If you're left minded or moderate, that news network is for you. If you're right minded. the other one is best suited for you.

MSNBC shouldn't even be on cable. No one cares about MSNBC.

I like this network. Switching back in forth between MSNBC to CNN, followed up by something funny like Faux pretty much sums up how I view each channel. The channel shouldn't be banned like I stated before, but if anyone should find most of what Hannity claims is true followed up by Rove or Coulter then whatever.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
slipknotfan591
slipknotfan591
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 12:29:06 Reply

I just think it's laughable and stupid when people say that FNC is biased when they fail to look at their own news channels.

I watch FNC and I hold the belief that they are fair and balanced, but that's not to say that they are definetly for Mccain. But I don't see them employing smear tactics like that job CNN did to Palin.

As far as publications go, NY Times is the most shit-filled piece of crap I've ever seen.

"News that's fit to print". Yeah, giving away our surveillance operation was fit to print. Giving away government secrets that are vital for national security which has stopped terrorist attacks in the last 7 years was good journalism.

The fact that FNC was reporting heavily on Wright and CNN didn't seem to care all that much really showed that the media IS in fact biased, whether you say one or the other is biased doesn't matter. As a news station, CNN should have covered Wright, because it WAS a controversy involving Obama. I would definetly do a report on something like that regardless of my political affiliation.

Even if it has to do with Mccain I'd do it.

Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 12:41:26 Reply

At 11/1/08 12:29 PM, slipknotfan591 wrote: I just think it's laughable and stupid when people say that FNC is biased when they fail to look at their own news channels.

I believe more people should watch the FNC. People that usually say they are biased most of the time haven't sat down and watched it. Although, I have for years before discovering CNN and then MSNBC. Fox never changed my views on Politics, because even then I acknowledge that most of what I was hearing was bull. And once more, this was before I discovered The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. I know they're not news, but it's nice seeing that.

I watch FNC and I hold the belief that they are fair and balanced, but that's not to say that they are definetly for Mccain. But I don't see them employing smear tactics like that job CNN did to Palin.

It's all subjective. Like I my last paragraph. I pretty much watched the FNC for two years straight left minded, so none of it go to me.

The fact that FNC was reporting heavily on Wright and CNN didn't seem to care all that much really showed that the media IS in fact biased, whether you say one or the other is biased doesn't matter. As a news station, CNN should have covered Wright, because it WAS a controversy involving Obama. I would definetly do a report on something like that regardless of my political affiliation.

CNN pretty much moves away from something that is known as "Old Hat" It's worn out. And has been talked about heavily before. It's nothing new. If it were, it would be. That is the truth. Pretty much like the talk on Bill Ayers, it wasn't anything new before the real election. It was brought before and was an old hat again, but new to the people that didn't pay much attention to the primaries when Hillary brought it up.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
slipknotfan591
slipknotfan591
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 12:52:03 Reply

I figured out the liberal mentality

"Bashing conservatives is perfectly alright, but we must fight back whenever WE are criticized in any way"

That's pretty much it.

AbstractPathologist
AbstractPathologist
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 12:52:22 Reply

*applauds RadioactiveRabbit*


My Profile Page --- Please leave an awesome comment or two
MY TWITTER ---- @mcox731

BBS Signature
Mast3rMind
Mast3rMind
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 13:26:50 Reply

At 11/1/08 12:46 PM, RadioactiveRabbit wrote: Wow, such fucking stupidity.

*Shrugs shoulders*

You make it seem like Fox News is run by a bunch of Nazis.

Not at all. Although the creator of Family Guy thinks so.

Sure they're slightly conservative, but they always bring on liberals to the program, no matter how insane.

As if Conservatives aren't. As if Conservatives aren't stupid. Hmmm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaOCWYpP k4

Oh, sorry they're the only network that discusses Bill Ayers,

Covered already by all other news networks. Became an old hat and discarded when brought up again by McCain.

Obama saluting PLO terrorists,

Ha ha ha!

a few undertones about Obamas place of birth and the fact that he hasn't revealed his medical records which damn well should be an issue because they'd solve all of the controversy

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/
born_in_the_usa.html

That matter was already settled, and brought up before the initial election run. When Hillary questioned this before and was shut down. It was mentioned on all news outlets. But is now an old hat. Brought up again after the primaries to get people to question it once more when it was already done and over with. Shit, McCain was born outside the states and caught hell for it while trying to run before, but it's been done and resolved. Another old hat to be worn out.

how he describes everyone in small towns as a bunch of rednecks who cling to their guns and religions due to the lack of economic progress, and like 50 other fucking things but for some reason this catches no media attention except on some talk radio and Fox News.

Actually it was brought up on all news outlets again. Only it wasn't as heavily aired as it was on Faux.

Then everyone seems to conveniently ignore that he hasn't lead a single thing in his life, not even the mayor of a town that clings to guns and religion, and that now that he should be tasked with holding the highest position of the most influential nation on Earth.

Sounds better to experiment with that than another 4 years of the last 8. McCain has become everything that he's hated within 2 years. I actually feel sorry for him. Especially since most of the shit that he's trying to do to Obama was done to him by I think Bush in 2000 with the Robocalls and etc. Sad, really.

The media is sucking Obama's cock. He's like a fucking affirmative action president. He's a good speaker, yeah, I'll give him that. Speaking off of copied prompts, sounding like he's some distinguished individual when he doesn't even have a single bill in his name proposed in the senate. Hitler was a good speaker, too. Let's try to resurrect and elect him, he brings hope and change!

It's funny really. Because when it first started, Obama got more negative press than McCain. A report before it got this far in the beginning said that News Outlets were more positive on McCain than Obama, for all news outlets, other than a few shows here or there. McCain's campaign has given the "Liberal Media" more ammo to play with than Obama has. So really, who's fault other than his own that most of what is negative, he's brought on himself. Right? Or shall we keep wasting bone marrow realizing this won't go anywhere?

And yelling at guests? Bill O' Reilly

I'll stop it right there. As mentioned by another poster, really he's like a blog type show. Although Colbert does it better. Opinion of course.


PS: Your cute names like "Faux Noise" don't add a single shred to your credibility, they're just showing your blatant, laughable bias.

Never said it added. I just love calling it as I see it.

At 11/1/08 12:52 PM, slipknotfan591 wrote: I figured out the liberal mentality

"Bashing conservatives is perfectly alright, but we must fight back whenever WE are criticized in any way"

That's pretty much it.

No, I'm afraid you just figured out mentality. Can't get any better than this thread.

At 11/1/08 12:52 PM, AbstractPathologist wrote: *applauds RadioactiveRabbit*

It was a good post, wasn't it? I agree.


Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature
slipknotfan591
slipknotfan591
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-01 17:13:56 Reply

Obama camp couldn't answer a tough hardball question.

My point is still true.

CBP
CBP
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-02 13:45:52 Reply

At 11/1/08 11:49 AM, slipknotfan591 wrote:
At 10/27/08 06:24 PM, CBP wrote: I don't think they should ban it. It is a pitiful excuse for a news network, no denying that, but banning it would inhibit freedom of speech, and even though they are misguided uninformed dumbasses, they are Americans with freedom of speech.
So CNN is better?

:When did I say that?

MSNBC shouldn't even be on cable. No one cares about MSNBC.

You mean except for the people who pay for, and watch it on regular basis, a number that exceeds FOX News? You know how it is generally a good idea to think about things before you say them? Try it out, it'll really make you look less stupid.


A former rebellion is just a present conformity
http://cbp.newgrounds.com/

slipknotfan591
slipknotfan591
  • Member since: Jul. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-02 13:53:18 Reply

At 11/2/08 01:45 PM, CBP wrote:
At 11/1/08 11:49 AM, slipknotfan591 wrote:
At 10/27/08 06:24 PM, CBP wrote: I don't think they should ban it. It is a pitiful excuse for a news network, no denying that, but banning it would inhibit freedom of speech, and even though they are misguided uninformed dumbasses, they are Americans with freedom of speech.
So CNN is better?
When did I say that?
MSNBC shouldn't even be on cable. No one cares about MSNBC.
You mean except for the people who pay for, and watch it on regular basis, a number that exceeds FOX News? You know how it is generally a good idea to think about things before you say them? Try it out, it'll really make you look less stupid.

I'm saying that CNN is a pitiful excuse for a news network, since you said that FOX is one as well. I can easilly make that claim just as easilly you made yours.

And I'm sorry but MSNBC is low in the ratings.

CBP
CBP
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Faux news should be banned 2008-11-02 14:04:26 Reply

I'm saying that CNN is a pitiful excuse for a news network, since you said that FOX is one as well. I can easilly make that claim just as easilly you made yours.

Dude, CNN and FOX News are both biased toward conservatives.

And I'm sorry but MSNBC is low in the ratings.

MSNBC is beating FOX News in the ratings.


A former rebellion is just a present conformity
http://cbp.newgrounds.com/