New Topic Respond to this Topic
PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 12:00 AM Reply

I was thinking, since I'm not really that good at drawing (at the very least uninteresting), I could do something slightly unique and make a clay version of selected characters instead! (All white.)

I was going to make the idea it's own thread waaaay in the future, but since we already have this would a separate thread of a similar concept (but of a different genre of art) still be allowed?

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 11/1/10 12:00 AM, PikaRobo wrote: I was thinking, since I'm not really that good at drawing (at the very least uninteresting), I could do something slightly unique and make a clay version of selected characters instead! (All white.)

I was going to make the idea it's own thread waaaay in the future, but since we already have this would a separate thread of a similar concept (but of a different genre of art) still be allowed?

I'd honestly like to see somebody take a different look on these characters.it'd probally be neat to see in a different medium . I'm thinking a cross with Collage would not seem bad actually.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 1st, 2010 @ 01:21 AM Reply

Hell yeah, man, doing the clay-thing would definitely work out. In the meantime, here's a picture of that character you posted earlier. This shit is dramatic.

I'll draw your character- my style.

lookandsee
lookandsee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:25 AM Reply

Oh fuck, not them again.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 3rd, 2010 @ 10:28 PM Reply

At 11/3/10 03:25 AM, lookandsee wrote: Oh fuck, not them again.

Which one has gotten more notice by you the girl or the bear

lookandsee
lookandsee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 11/3/10 10:28 PM, argile wrote: Which one has gotten more notice by you the girl or the bear

Mmm... the girl I think. That teddy bear has already been doodle many times by others (thanks again for that, guys !), so yeah... the girl !

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 4th, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 11/4/10 02:24 AM, lookandsee wrote:
At 11/3/10 10:28 PM, argile wrote: Which one has gotten more notice by you the girl or the bear
Mmm... the girl I think. That teddy bear has already been doodle many times by others (thanks again for that, guys !), so yeah... the girl !

You would seperate them!?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 10/31/10 11:36 AM, PikaRobo wrote: A little something I might have planned for the future. (Jangle&Nikki) Here is the first one, it's rough and not really what I imagine him, so see what you can do! (I'll probably post his co-host some other day.)

I want to contribute so bad...

He looks like a badass!

PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 6th, 2010 @ 06:42 PM Reply

At 11/6/10 01:43 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
At 10/31/10 11:36 AM, PikaRobo wrote: A little something I might have planned for the future. (Jangle&Nikki) Here is the first one, it's rough and not really what I imagine him, so see what you can do! (I'll probably post his co-host some other day.)

I want to contribute so bad...
He looks like a badass!

I 'fixed' the color scheme for you. :)
I do like your interpretation though. (Yours too, Lintire) I left the eyes because I'm not so sure yet.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 8/22/09 10:46 PM, Nergali wrote: Its supposed to be an alien species (for Snaiad, if you've heard of it).

It is an arboreal predator, and the tentacle coming out of the whole in its chest is actually its second head that is used for feeding.

I'm surprised that I have not done this one any sooner.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 7th, 2010 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 11/7/10 04:43 PM, Jow279 wrote:
At 11/7/10 04:30 PM, argile wrote:
At 8/22/09 10:46 PM, Nergali wrote: Its supposed to be an alien species (for Snaiad, if you've heard of it).

It is an arboreal predator, and the tentacle coming out of the whole in its chest is actually its second head that is used for feeding.
Woah argile! that's an awesome drawing !

I used to do sketches on a lot of things other than humans. This one was done relatively quick so excuse it if it seems like a one of hell of illustrated racial steriotype , your character.

PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 10:12 PM Reply

lol, even the ones lost from last year can still get a chance.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 12:51 PM Reply

At 11/8/10 10:12 PM, PikaRobo wrote:
lol, even the ones lost from last year can still get a chance.

That i'm okay with the fact but I know that some people have there character here like "Fejita" will not be likely to see it.

PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 10:45 PM Reply

I'm bringing back this thread.

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 27th, 2010 @ 04:51 AM Reply

OK, here's my description of what I want you to draw:

Right, I want you to draw a tall, adult 20-something girl, with blonde hair tied into pigtails, wearing an orange sari (one of those things Indian girls wear), a pink t-shirt that says"SUGAR" across the breast area, and fishnet stockings, and she is on the computer surfing the internet.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 27th, 2010 @ 07:04 AM Reply

At 11/27/10 04:51 AM, joe9320 wrote: OK, here's my description of what I want you to draw:

Right, I want you to draw a tall, adult 20-something girl, with blonde hair tied into pigtails, wearing an orange sari (one of those things Indian girls wear), a pink t-shirt that says"SUGAR" across the breast area, and fishnet stockings, and she is on the computer surfing the internet.

I don't mean to be rude but you clearly misunderstood something about this thread. You have to post your own picof your character and not just a description so we can have more insights on your said character.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 27th, 2010 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 11/27/10 04:51 AM, joe9320 wrote: OK, here's my description of what I want you to draw:

Isn't this the character your describing ? basically without everything else you've mentioned She does have pigtails

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 27th, 2010 @ 11:44 AM Reply

If shes wearing a sari your not gonna see the text on the t-shirt, or the fishnet stockings.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 05:09 AM Reply

OK, I have provided you the photo to give you an idea of what she looks like.

I want you to draw a tall, adult 20-something girl, with blonde hair tied into pigtails, wearing an orange wrap-around sarong (see this link for details), a pink t-shirt that says"SUGAR" across the breast area, and fishnet stockings, and she is on the computer surfing the internet.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 11/28/10 05:09 AM, joe9320 wrote: OK, I have provided you the photo to give you an idea of what she looks like.

I want you to draw a tall, adult 20-something girl, with blonde hair tied into pigtails, wearing an orange wrap-around sarong (see this link for details), a pink t-shirt that says"SUGAR" across the breast area, and fishnet stockings, and she is on the computer surfing the internet.

Yeah I'm not good with drawing people but I'm even worser with written description. Could anyone try adding off some better proportions off this?

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 12/22/10 04:01 PM, argile wrote:
At 11/28/10 05:09 AM, joe9320 wrote:
Yeah I'm not good with drawing people but I'm even worser with written description. Could anyone try adding off some better proportions off this?

Okay so if you drawn a character from someone's description it's basically not your character?

PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 12/22/10 10:18 PM, argile wrote:
At 11/28/10 05:09 AM, joe9320 wrote:
Okay so if you drawn a character from someone's description it's basically not your character?

Yes...

BBS Signature
Zodape
Zodape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:46 PM Reply

I want to see someone else drawing this dude.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 12/22/10 11:41 PM, PikaRobo wrote:
Yes...

That's to bad , Because I was wondering how I could improve on it.

PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 12/22/10 11:50 PM, argile wrote:
At 12/22/10 11:41 PM, PikaRobo wrote:
Yes...
That's to bad , Because I was wondering how I could improve on it.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. Even if it's as crappy of a style as this, redrawing the character in someone else's style is the whole point of the thread. Just describing the character seems pointless.

(The left is just an example, do not redraw please. And I am so sorry for Zodape for using your character as an example, I was just trying to prove a point. Hopefully someone with better drawing talent then me will draw him properly.)

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 11/28/10 05:09 AM, joe9320 wrote: OK, I have provided you the photo to give you an idea of what she looks like.

Thank you very much for the drawing. I have a good sense of humor, and I guarantee you that this drawing you did was a better sketch than what I did. To be precise, yours is miles ahead of mine.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 10:55 AM Reply

At 12/24/10 10:12 AM, joe9320 wrote: Thank you very much for the drawing. I have a good sense of humor, and I guarantee you that this drawing you did was a better sketch than what I did. To be precise, yours is miles ahead of mine.

Really? Usually when I do these sketches they do not not pertain to the same exact idea or portrayal of the original creator's purpose.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 11:13 AM Reply

this is something by heavyrain on page 24...

it reminded me of Harlequin from batman... anyway here ye go

just a quick play around in flash for about half an hour

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 12/24/10 11:13 AM, LegolaSS wrote: it reminded me of Harlequin from batman... anyway here ye go

Her name is Harley Quinn, which is a play on harlequin.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Dec. 24th, 2010 @ 12:33 PM Reply

At 2/22/10 02:19 PM, NachoVeGa wrote:
At 2/21/10 01:57 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 2/19/10 02:12 PM, NachoVeGa wrote: here's my character is not human but he is happy is a sea monster
And here's your sea monster
wow looks great

might Have to do this one again along with some of the others since I had my old account deleted. Don't think anyone would complain