• 1,648 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:47 PM Reply

Go for it anyone:

I'll draw your character- my style.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 9/2/10 12:59 PM, Painted-Gorilla wrote: uuh uuuh do mine do mine :3

your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:43 PM Reply

Here's Zombie Eskimos Vexon thingy

heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 12:33 AM Reply

Does anyone want to give this character a try?

AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 10/24/10 12:33 AM, heavyrain wrote: Does anyone want to give this character a try?

Had a quick go, cool concept!

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:26 AM Reply

I gave her a knife.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 04:52 AM Reply

At 10/24/10 03:26 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: I gave her a knife.

not to double post but that's exactly what I'm doing.
I colored it on my tablet I likes it better now.

lookandsee
lookandsee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:03 AM Reply

I gave her two knives.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:52 AM Reply

Mine outdoes all of your weapons :D And that was actually really, really fun to draw - all those Posemaniacs is paying out right smart.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 03:14 PM Reply

vexxon bird thing

AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 10/22/10 05:01 PM, lookandsee wrote: And here's some new content :

Octo-puppets!

heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 24th, 2010 @ 10:20 PM Reply

I really love the renditions you guys made of my character. I find it humorous that the weapons get progressively more dangerous.

Lintire, that pose and perspective is a pretty intense combo!

FuyumiAya
FuyumiAya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 12:43 AM Reply

Is this thread still open to characters?

I mean, yeah, I see newly posted stuff, but I just figured I'd ask before anything.

JessePants
JessePants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 12:50 AM Reply

Well its a bad picture of it, and its already been posted in my thread. But what the heck im interested in seeing what you guys can do with it.

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 25th, 2010 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 10/25/10 12:50 AM, JessePants wrote: Well its a bad picture of it, and its already been posted in my thread. But what the heck im interested in seeing what you guys can do with it.

Couldn't really tell too many of the details from the pic, but I think I got the main idea. Very interesting character, Mr. Pants.

And FuyumiAya, I think it's safe to say you can definitely post a character here, and feel free to do you own version of anyone elses!

FuyumiAya
FuyumiAya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 12:29 AM Reply

Oh thank you. I am a bit weary, because I tend to get yelled at for this and that..

I would like to take a shot at other's characters, but my tablet happens to be indisposed at the moment. >.<

Umm... this is my character Celery, if anyone wants to try her. She wears the whole Arabian Nights styled clothing.... and if anyone does, I request that no one put breasts on ehr if you can avoid it.. she's flat as an iron.. ^^;
Full pic is on my DA but yeah, can't link, so.. >.>;

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 10/26/10 12:29 AM, FuyumiAya wrote: Full pic is on my DA but yeah, can't link, so.. >.>;

linkings fine if its with a full post and is helpful, like now the DA link woulda been very helpful to people trying to draw your character

FuyumiAya
FuyumiAya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 12:44 AM Reply

At 10/26/10 12:34 AM, Ashman wrote:
At 10/26/10 12:29 AM, FuyumiAya wrote: Full pic is on my DA but yeah, can't link, so.. >.>;
linkings fine if its with a full post and is helpful, like now the DA link woulda been very helpful to people trying to draw your character

Oh okay. o-o all I tend to really know is DON'T LINK. blah.
..... it's not THAT obvious I'm not a regular is it? nooooooo >.>
ermm...
http://fuyumi-aya.deviantart.com/art/Cel -Ref-sheet-167750331 <----link

JessePants
JessePants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 10/25/10 09:06 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
At 10/25/10 12:50 AM, JessePants wrote: Well its a bad picture of it, and its already been posted in my thread. But what the heck im interested in seeing what you guys can do with it.
Couldn't really tell too many of the details from the pic, but I think I got the main idea. Very interesting character, Mr. Pants.

\
Lol, sorry about the quality of the pic. I'll see if i can better picture up for anybody who wants it.

awesome job btw

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 04:21 PM Reply

I did Jessepants' thing.

AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 26th, 2010 @ 09:20 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 12:29 AM, FuyumiAya wrote: Oh thank you. I am a bit weary, because I tend to get yelled at for this and that..

I would like to take a shot at other's characters, but my tablet happens to be indisposed at the moment. >.<

Umm... this is my character Celery, if anyone wants to try her. She wears the whole Arabian Nights styled clothing.... and if anyone does, I request that no one put breasts on ehr if you can avoid it.. she's flat as an iron.. ^^;
Full pic is on my DA but yeah, can't link, so.. >.>;

Pretty difficult I thought. Something about the really pale almost white skin and the white hair. Anyways, I hope by 'Arabian Nights' you meant like Jasmine from Aladdin, because that's all I could think of :)

Kept my first try in there as well for fun.

Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 01:49 AM Reply

give this guy a try.
additional details: he caries around a big cross things that crows sit on. and hes wearing a tan-ish jumpsuit

Celestica

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 12:37 PM Reply

Lux' character

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 10/23/10 01:49 AM, Lintire wrote:
At 10/23/10 12:44 AM, argile wrote:
At 10/20/10 10:31 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 10/20/10 09:38 PM, argile wrote:
Details - tiny, tiny details can add that extra touch of realism to any piece. A few strokes of the pencil can turn a pair of pants into a really detailed pair of pants. It's adding the glare to shiny surfaces, the scales to anything, but it's best if not used overly - you don't want to clog up a piece with detail where simplicity would have worked just as well. Best to just add a few details here and there.

Alright that makes sense but when I have I come to look at some of the characters developed in this thread Old or recent they at first are not overly worked in with detail, I did not know much about the definition before this thread was created but I always used to focus more heavily on Detail before correcting everything else making me go into a sort of Trial and error fashion. When I do Detail by memory I seem to be a bit forgetful or either that they're not place in the right area.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 10/27/10 01:49 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: give this guy a try.
additional details: he caries around a big cross things that crows sit on. and hes wearing a tan-ish jumpsuit

Well, it's a bit of a quickie and I didn't really know what you meant by "cross-thing" (other then that they presumably involved crosses) but never-the-less, here's a rendition.

FuyumiAya
FuyumiAya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 10/26/10 09:20 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Pretty difficult I thought. Something about the really pale almost white skin and the white hair. Anyways, I hope by 'Arabian Nights' you meant like Jasmine from Aladdin, because that's all I could think of :)

Kept my first try in there as well for fun.

yeah, Jasmine and Aladin is the basic concept of it x3
just... I'm wondering how she fit into those pants. o.O
.... she's just got a barge tail I'm sure she gave up on pants and just sticks to skirts. \o/
Since she was so difficult, I just recommend getting the basic shape of her then doing her patterns before shading. might help?

AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 10/27/10 01:49 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: give this guy a try.

I didn't really know what you meant with the cross, took my best guess!

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 27th, 2010 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 10/27/10 12:37 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Lux' character

Cool stuff, man. Like all your stuff, it's really well detailed and shaded.
I wish people wouldn't make him evil, though! I can see where it comes from, but "evil" wasn't what I had in mind.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 8/27/10 08:12 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: Anyone wanna take a crack at my OC?
I had an idea for him, but it's a bit of a long story, but long story short, he's been in a medically induced comma, via needle through the arm. He's been in it so long, it's disfigured his left arm, which is why he wears the bandages.

You said to have fun right?Well I did not succeed in remembering the whole character model you've provided and I did not use any further referring to the original to do this. I've actually bothered to do a miniature version of your character.

PikaRobo
PikaRobo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Oct. 31st, 2010 @ 11:36 AM Reply

A little something I might have planned for the future. (Jangle&Nikki) Here is the first one, it's rough and not really what I imagine him, so see what you can do! (I'll probably post his co-host some other day.)

I want to contribute so bad...

BBS Signature