• 1,631 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BudGPStudios
BudGPStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 15th, 2010 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 3/15/10 08:58 PM, xlh2000 wrote: Try another of mine y'all.

Here's my rendition. (I usually don't set smoothing up that high, so it was an experiment for me as well)

I'll draw your character- my style.

Check out my music: BudGP's Audio
TGF RTS Project - An RTS I've been trying to make with microsoft's XNA game studio.

BBS Signature
Cherubas
Cherubas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 15th, 2010 @ 11:34 PM Reply

At 3/15/10 02:20 PM, Ashman wrote:
At 3/15/10 07:09 AM, Cherubas wrote: This is cool. I like seeing different artstyles. I may do something like this if I get the time someday. For now though, draw Boek.
is that ben 10?

Lol. No sir, I googled up a pic of Ben and they're definitely not the same person. The shirt's close, but my guy's shirt has buttons and a ring around the bottom. Still, I can see how that could be confusing if you're into that show, but different hair, different face, different pants, different shoes, gloves vs wrist thing, it's kinda like Spongebob and Bart Simpson being confused because they're both yellow and wear pants. Lulz.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 16th, 2010 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 3/15/10 11:34 PM, Cherubas wrote: Lol. No sir, I googled up a pic of Ben and they're definitely not the same person. The shirt's close, but my guy's shirt has buttons and a ring around the bottom. Still, I can see how that could be confusing if you're into that show, but different hair, different face, different pants, different shoes, gloves vs wrist thing, it's kinda like Spongebob and Bart Simpson being confused because they're both yellow and wear pants. Lulz.

what i meant is theyre quite similar, the shirt design and hair are what brought me to it most but im not implying anything, i dont watch the show i just know what he looks like :3

screaming10
screaming10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 02:45 AM Reply

The original is by imnotageekimanerd from way back on page 4
:D

screaming10
screaming10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 17th, 2010 @ 03:04 AM Reply

This is by bojangles on page 12
i made him a metal-head xD
(i realize the anatomy is funky)

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 03:37 AM Reply

A simple little drawing, I wonder who can redraw this in their style.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 3/20/10 01:24 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 3/20/10 03:37 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: A simple little drawing, I wonder who can redraw this in their style.
Is it a man or a woman either way it looks pretty crazy.

It's a man :P, N yea this guy is a psycho lol

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 3/20/10 05:37 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 3/20/10 03:37 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: A simple little drawing, I wonder who can redraw this in their style.
Yeah I tried to do a that in my "style" , to be honest I had a hard time trying to find where everything was I sort of noticed that the nose was missing.

Lol thx for drawing it, well I tend to not give most of my characters no noses since it tends to get in the way. Anywho I like how you've made that hand look twitchy and evil like, I wonder what pics do you have that people can redraw it as?

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 20th, 2010 @ 06:35 PM Reply

done that guy

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 21st, 2010 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 3/21/10 08:17 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 3/20/10 06:10 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 3/20/10 05:37 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
Yeah I tried to do a that in my "style" , to be honest I had a hard time trying to find where everything was I sort of noticed that the nose was missing.
Lol thx for drawing it, well I tend to not give most of my characters no noses since it tends to get in the way. Anywho I like how you've made that hand look twitchy and evil like, I wonder what pics do you have that people can redraw it as?
Shite Well I did have some thoughts in mind to add a character on here ,I just never bothered getting them on paper completely. What did you have in mind exactly?

Hmmmm I don't know, anybody can redraw a character in their style which could help other artists to try a drawing that they never usually draw. So I have to guess try drawing what you like or usually draw what you draw often, then the redrawing comes down to us.

BBS Signature
xlh2000
xlh2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 02:43 AM Reply

I'll post another.

X-tra Large Human
Please see MY Threadand please post a comment
Gamertag: XLH nWo Steam ID: XLH2000

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 09:04 AM Reply

At 3/27/10 02:43 AM, xlh2000 wrote: I'll post another.

I felt like drawing something, and I wandered back in here, and was like "Oh, look. Intestines!"

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 09:04 AM, Luxembourg wrote:
I felt like drawing something, and I wandered back in here, and was like "Oh, look. Intestines!"

lol, it's pretty funny that xlh2000's dude is laying there with half his body gone with intestines out while yours is kinda like the same but more like hovering around in air like a ghost.

Well anywho, I wander anyone can redraw this.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 09:04 AM, Luxembourg wrote: I felt like drawing something, and I wandered back in here, and was like "Oh, look. Intestines!"

Damn, that guy must be huge considering the length of his spinal cord.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 03:12 PM, Jow279 wrote:
At 2/16/10 10:07 PM, heavyrain wrote: Hey, Luxembourg. I drew one of your characters because I really love her design. Oh, and I added a pocket watch because I felt it necessary.
yup

You do realize that that's a redesign of a redesign?
The original character was by me, back on page 14.

And, yes, Big-Johnny, he's very tall. So, tall, in fact, that someone had to cut off his lower half for him to be of a normal height.
No, I was not thinking of his spinal-cord's length. Whoops.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 04:30 PM, Jow279 wrote:
yes i did after i posted it, so i just left it there cuz NG don't have EDIT option so..yeh

Okay then.

Hmm... I would love to see how creative people could get with a non-humanoid character of mine. This drawing's kind of old, but it's already in my thread, so why not see how it fares here as well?
Try it if you want to.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 05:55 PM, Jow279 wrote:
Hmm... I would love to see how creative people could get with a non-humanoid character of mine. This drawing's kind of old, but it's already in my thread, so why not see how it fares here as well?
Try it if you want to.
So..it's a robotic ghost attached to a robotic spideR?

...No? It's not really anything, specifically. It's got a TV type thing around its head, it's wearing a layered cloak, and it's got mechanical legs and wings. It carries around pieces of machinery.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 06:19 PM Reply

i understand it apart from the head, is that one eye, or some sort of machine

heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 06:37 PM Reply

I saw this character back when you posted it in your thread, and I thought it was awesome, so I decided to give it a try.

xlh2000
xlh2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Tried

X-tra Large Human
Please see MY Threadand please post a comment
Gamertag: XLH nWo Steam ID: XLH2000

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 06:37 PM, heavyrain wrote: I saw this character back when you posted it in your thread, and I thought it was awesome, so I decided to give it a try.

Wow. I absolutely love your spin on this. The legs look a tad too small, but the upper body looks better than I did it, especially on the head. I really love the head, the stuff on his back, and the wings. Fantastic work! Putting an emblem on the face really reminds me of Lord Canti, from Fooly Cooly. Was that an influence?

I really should have put some more perspective on the original work. Mine was a side profile! Yours is much better. I feel.... ashamed.

And to xlh: Thanks for giving it a shot. It needs a lot of work, but you did have the balls to try it, and I'm happy with just that. I like that you threw little bits of machinery in there that weren't there before.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 04:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
yes i did after i posted it, so i just left it there cuz NG don't have EDIT option so..yeh
Okay then.

Try it if you want to.

I was wandering which method of drawing should I do on the pic....I decided to do 3 methods...it turns out that it wasn't the best idea.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 07:26 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 07:23 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 3/27/10 04:37 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
Okay then.

Try it if you want to.
I was wandering which method of drawing should I do on the pic....I decided to do 3 methods...it turns out that it wasn't the best idea.

The head doesn't fit stylistically, and the body looks squished. The wings, however, look really good in your style. If you tried to do the whole thing in one style and you made the body taller, it could look really good. I'm happy that you tried it, though. I'm actually shocked people were willing to try the character at all, considering how strange it is.

I'll probably give your character, the purple haired girl, a whirl tonight.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 07:22 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Wow. I absolutely love your spin on this. The legs look a tad too small, but the upper body looks better than I did it, especially on the head. I really love the head, the stuff on his back, and the wings. Fantastic work! Putting an emblem on the face really reminds me of Lord Canti, from Fooly Cooly. Was that an influence?

Yeah, when I first saw your drawing, I thought of Lord Canti, so I decided to add a symbol like his. I love that show. I was wondering if the reference would be lost, but luckily it wasn't.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 07:26 PM, Luxembourg wrote: The head doesn't fit stylistically, and the body looks squished. The wings, however, look really good in your style. If you tried to do the whole thing in one style and you made the body taller, it could look really good. I'm happy that you tried it, though. I'm actually shocked people were willing to try the character at all, considering how strange it is.

I'll probably give your character, the purple haired girl, a whirl tonight.

Cool :D, well here a wip of your character, I decided to use one method and use 3 different tools ;D

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 01:55 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
lol, it's pretty funny that xlh2000's dude is laying there with half his body gone with intestines out while yours is kinda like the same but more like hovering around in air like a ghost.

I started this feeling pretty good. Then, I remembered that I've never drawn anybody with an expression like that. I've never even drawn an angry person, and very few angry monsters. I usually draw pretty happily...

Anyways, I couldn't quite nail the expression, but I tried.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 09:56 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 3/27/10 09:31 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
lol, it's pretty funny that xlh2000's dude is laying there with half his body gone with intestines out while yours is kinda like the same but more like
I can't exactly say that i'm usually joyous when I draw a character. Do you usually have to feel the emotion to make it more auethentic?

It helps to feel the emotion that's depicted in a piece, since you can channel it into a work, but it's not totally necessary. Art is a form of expressing thoughts and emotion, after all, so it makes sense to draw things involving the way you feel.
Also, what did that have to do with the thing you quoted?

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 10:05 PM Reply

At 3/27/10 09:31 PM, Luxembourg wrote:

I started this feeling pretty good. Then, I remembered that I've never drawn anybody with an expression like that. I've never even drawn an angry person, and very few angry monsters. I usually draw pretty happily...

Anyways, I couldn't quite nail the expression, but I tried.

Well at least you've tried, the way to nail an expression is with the shape of the eyes and the placement of the eyebrows ;)

Anywho I'm finish with your t.v. head thingy with wings.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 10:26 PM Reply

It couldn't contain itself xD

BBS Signature
heavyrain
heavyrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to I'll draw your character- my style. Mar. 27th, 2010 @ 10:48 PM Reply

I gave your character a try, Zane. And I added a backpack-type thing.