New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 01:25 PM Reply

At 1/19/10 01:10 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Gravity?

Yeahhh, that's what I was thinking.

At 1/19/10 01:19 PM, ashman112 wrote:
is that a time fcuk doll in his backpack? nice job

Yes, yessir it is!

Thanks. :D

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 19th, 2010 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 1/19/10 12:30 PM, Rhunyc wrote: OH I GET IT NOW, HE'S SURFING ON CLOUDS... DUHHHHHHHHH

cloudsurfing>crowdsurfing

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 1/19/10 03:15 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 1/19/10 12:30 PM, Rhunyc wrote: OH I GET IT NOW, HE'S SURFING ON CLOUDS... DUHHHHHHHHH
cloudsurfing>crowdsurfing

Quite true, nothing beats flying through the sky towards a beautiful horizon with the only thing to worry about is how you're gonna get down other than falling.

:3

In other news I'd like to post a picture I just did for the C.O.W., even though I JUST posted it and am technically spamming the art forum with the same picture TWICE IN A ROW.. But, whatever. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 01:22 PM, Rhunyc wrote: In other news I'd like to post a picture I just did for the C.O.W., even though I JUST posted it and am technically spamming the art forum with the same picture TWICE IN A ROW.. But, whatever. :D

>:@>:@>:@

Is it that dark on purpose?
Just popped it through PS, nearly everything's down the dark side of the levels.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 01:30 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/20/10 01:22 PM, Rhunyc wrote: In other news I'd like to post a picture I just did for the C.O.W., even though I JUST posted it and am technically spamming the art forum with the same picture TWICE IN A ROW.. But, whatever. :D
>:@>:@>:@

Is it that dark on purpose?
Just popped it through PS, nearly everything's down the dark side of the levels.

lmao

My bad. Idk, it doesn't look to dark to me, but then again I'm using a 21" HDTV as a monitor... So I think it fucks with how I view colors and shit.

But, it IS supposed to be 10,000 leagues below the sea! Want me to lighten it up? :P

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 01:36 PM, Rhunyc wrote: My bad. Idk, it doesn't look to dark to me, but then again I'm using a 21" HDTV as a monitor... So I think it fucks with how I view colors and shit.

But, it IS supposed to be 10,000 leagues below the sea! Want me to lighten it up? :P

Dunno! Up to you, it might be my screen, anyways!
I tend to have the levels go from near black to near white so you can see the details.
Like with this deep sea fish pic I found, most of the colours are in the dark end, but there's still some white and such bits to pick up the teeth and eyes.
(I've included my editted version of your pic, but I think I raped it!)

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 02:10 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 01:51 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Dunno! Up to you, it might be my screen, anyways!
I tend to have the levels go from near black to near white so you can see the details.
Like with this deep sea fish pic I found, most of the colours are in the dark end, but there's still some white and such bits to pick up the teeth and eyes.
(I've included my editted version of your pic, but I think I raped it!)

So I see I see. Hmm.. I'm not too familiar with levels and stuff, BUT THAT WON'T STOP ME!

I'll try and lighten parts of it up and make it look more vibrant... Or something. :P

:D

Much thanks for the feedback though, yo!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 02:19 PM Reply

Betttterrr????

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 02:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Betttterrr????

No, looks like a seagull shat on it!
It's totally fine to leave it be.

[TOAS stops giving advice, steps away from computer, and runs as far as possible]

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 02:28 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 02:25 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/20/10 02:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Betttterrr????
No, looks like a seagull shat on it!
It's totally fine to leave it be.
[TOAS stops giving advice, steps away from computer, and runs as far as possible]

rofl!!

:<

I was making it look all sparkly from the light source!

Which would be this (or something similar):

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 02:28 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I was making it look all sparkly from the light source!
Which would be this (or something similar):

Like this?

Right, hopefully I turn on the brain tap marked 'advice', and not the 'talking out of arse' one:

I think the problem is how you applied the highlights.
- Remember light source, travel and the surface it lands on. The shell and body of your creature are mostly flat, and the light would disperse, so the highlights would be even, and not dotty like you've done. The places on the left hand side of the body shouldn't really be lit. The eyes are like torches.
- I think you've been very liberal with the light, it's ok just to pick out edges so you show the shape easier. Like Razac's pic.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 08:06 PM Reply

I feel like killing a few braincells with a sharpie.

(W.I.P.)

:D It's a present

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
ImaFreekozoid
ImaFreekozoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 2/2/10 08:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I feel like killing a few braincells with a sharpie.

(W.I.P.)

D It's a present

I refuse to believe anyone's that perfect :P But that aside, this is coming along nicely. Is that her hand, down by the feet? If so it looks too little like her arm is much too long, and that could be easily fixed by drawing another hand less far away or just leaving out that hand.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2010 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 2/3/10 12:22 AM, ImaFreekozoid wrote:
At 2/2/10 08:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I feel like killing a few braincells with a sharpie.

(W.I.P.)

D It's a present
I refuse to believe anyone's that perfect :P But that aside, this is coming along nicely. Is that her hand, down by the feet? If so it looks too little like her arm is much too long, and that could be easily fixed by drawing another hand less far away or just leaving out that hand.

Haha I know, but thank you very much.

I finished it before I read your comment.. But no worries, she loved it! :D

Here's a picture I just finished.. Practicing on my coloring/dynamics and stuff.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2010 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 2/13/10 07:06 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
Here's a picture I just finished.. Practicing on my coloring/dynamics and stuff.

Looking great. I'd reduce the "flow" option of the brush when working on cloth or leather, though. I find it easier to shade when I do that. You might want to give it a try.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2010 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 2/13/10 07:14 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: Looking great. I'd reduce the "flow" option of the brush when working on cloth or leather, though. I find it easier to shade when I do that. You might want to give it a try.

Thanks sir, I appreciate the tip, I'll remember that. :)

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 20th, 2010 @ 07:17 PM Reply

http://www.livestream.com/rhunyc

In case anyone wants to view me paint, I'm currently working on a piece (I did some of the lines yesterday) I'm not finished with the lines, but I really feel like painting it to give me motivation to finish the rest.

So feel free to join and watch, if you'd like. I won't really pay attention to who's watching, so no offense to ya. This is just an invitation to see me do my thing, I guess lol.

:D I'll only be painting for like 40-50 more minutes, so check it out if ya like, leave a message and I'll read em when I'm done. :)

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:31 PM Reply

Is that a robot mech walker thing fuck?!

a w.i.p. of a huge picture i'm working on.. taking freaking forever :D but so gonna be worth it..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 1st, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

Currently broadcasting again in my livestream. :) Stop by and leave a comment if you feel so inclined. Or don't. lol, up to you.

[working on the same damn picture] lol

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 1st, 2010 @ 09:57 PM Reply

I'm soooo tired of working on this.. but I still have more I want to do.. Here's a w.i.p. D:<

Coming along pretty nicely though.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:14 AM Reply

At 3/1/10 09:57 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I'm soooo tired of working on this.. but I still have more I want to do.. Here's a w.i.p. D:<

wow... thats pretty intense there R...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 3/1/10 09:57 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Coming along pretty nicely though.

Goddam, that is getting more and more epic.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 3/1/10 09:57 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I'm soooo tired of working on this.. but I still have more I want to do.. Here's a w.i.p. D:<

is that the same pic youve been working on for ages on livestream, holy shit it looks so different

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:09 PM Reply

Thanks you 3 for the comments, I appreciate that. And yep, it's the same picture, lol.

:D

Check the submission in the art portal for a sloppy written story about it.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 3/2/10 07:09 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Check the submission in the art portal for a sloppy written story about it.

I just pooped my pants because this was too awesome to behold

KamikazePanda
KamikazePanda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:27 PM Reply

Wow nice work! I like the guys shooting in the hall one.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 3/2/10 07:09 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks you 3 for the comments, I appreciate that. And yep, it's the same picture, lol.

D
Check the submission in the art portal for a sloppy written story about it.

holy shit that is awesome beyond measure, nice job dude

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2010 @ 09:00 PM Reply

At 3/2/10 07:24 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I just pooped my pants because this was too awesome to behold

Haha. You stinky man you! jk But thanks. :D Glad my artwork can be a good laxative if necessary!

At 3/2/10 07:27 PM, KamikazePanda wrote: Wow nice work! I like the guys shooting in the hall one.

Thanks. :) I like that one a lot too, myself. I hope to be able to produce more stuff like that. :)

At 3/2/10 07:27 PM, ashman112 wrote:

Thanks a mill, man. I also appreciate you checking it out on livestream. :D That means a lot to me. :]

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 3rd, 2010 @ 10:38 AM Reply

At 3/2/10 09:00 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 3/2/10 07:27 PM, ashman112 wrote:
Thanks a mill, man. I also appreciate you checking it out on livestream. :D That means a lot to me. :]

you should stream more often, and post the link here when you do, its fun to see how other people work

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 8th, 2010 @ 08:56 PM Reply

Hey all, i'm speedpainting a background for a picture I've been working on for a few hours, if you all want to check it out, view my livestream! :)

(go back one page in my thread to find it)

BBS Signature