New Topic Respond to this Topic
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 18th, 2009 @ 02:42 PM Reply

Really like that last piece, good to see you branching out character wise. However I think that it could be cropped down, there's way to much space outside of the character. All the bright fire (particularly at the bottom) is incredibly distracting. The main focus should be the skeleton, he should be the biggest thing there.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 23rd, 2009 @ 01:49 PM Reply

At 7/18/09 02:42 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Really like that last piece, good to see you branching out character wise. However I think that it could be cropped down, there's way to much space outside of the character. All the bright fire (particularly at the bottom) is incredibly distracting. The main focus should be the skeleton, he should be the biggest thing there.

Thanks Ben. :) I know there's a lot of space... :( I'm working on adding the band's logo right under the dude, so I reserved space for it... that and the scythe conveniently ends there. So... :D

But yea, just got done with another one.. Hi res is in the portal (recommended...)

[insert inspiration here]
But honey I was proud of it
But honey I was proud of you
You quote the Good Book
when it's convenient

But you don't have the sense...
no you don't have the sense...

The love you had was good enough
The path that we were stuck between
But so much stuff must go tonight
Oh Lord, what have I done?

(words are from "Everything Must Go" by Taking Back Sunday)
[/inspiration]

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
HyperJive
HyperJive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 23rd, 2009 @ 01:57 PM Reply

That's a really righteous piece. Rain can be kind of tricky to make look good, but you really pulled off the effect without it being too overwhelming and taking over. Great work!

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 23rd, 2009 @ 02:02 PM Reply

I'm digging the car piece, you're getting a lot better with your compositions and atmosphere.

I didn't even notice the scythe in the picture before, I saw the skull but that was it. Maybe you should try and make it stand out more.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 23rd, 2009 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 7/23/09 01:57 PM, HyperJive wrote: That's a really righteous piece. Rain can be kind of tricky to make look good, but you really pulled off the effect without it being too overwhelming and taking over. Great work!

Thanks yo! :D TOTALLY APPRECIATED!!!

:3

At 7/23/09 02:02 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I'm digging the car piece, you're getting a lot better with your compositions and atmosphere.

I didn't even notice the scythe in the picture before, I saw the skull but that was it. Maybe you should try and make it stand out more.

Glad I'm improving! Nice to hear that... :)

And ahh.. Yeah.. I did go crazy with the flames, I'll admit it. :3 I'll work on that though, thanks for the helpful crit! :D

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 12:45 PM Reply

Bah, trying realism.. I think I over-did a few things... :(

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 7/25/09 12:45 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Bah, trying realism.. I think I over-did a few things... :(

ya, way to much chin in there

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 7/25/09 12:45 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Bah, trying realism.. I think I over-did a few things... :(

Hehe.. I like it. But that is pretty far from realism..

realism is boring anyways :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 7/25/09 02:48 PM, J-qb wrote:
ya, way to much chin in there

Aww.. That was a last second add-in too! :( I was thinking people would be like "Where's his mouth" not getting the perspective I was using... So I decided to add a hint of jaw under his nose, to maybe show that he isn't a jaw-less man.

poo.
At 7/25/09 06:14 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
Hehe.. I like it. But that is pretty far from realism..

realism is boring anyways :)

Thanks :D Glad you like it. But how's it far from realism? :( I suppose the dark lines, huh?

Much appreciated though... :D

Realism is kinda boring.. :P Shits much more fun when it's in your head. ;D

BBS Signature
Katatafisch
Katatafisch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 04:32 AM Reply

awesome style dude!!! those pics look great, your use of brushwork distracts alot from the pic though and makes it look really flat, you should try to smooth them out and flatten them a bit, i recomment reading this page: http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.h tm
there are some points about modeling, light and the flattening of brushwork, this is one of the best tutorials you can find in the internet(in my opinion)
anyways your stuff is great and i cant wait to see more of it!
greetings

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 28th, 2009 @ 03:59 PM Reply

At 7/27/09 04:32 AM, Katatafisch wrote: awesome style dude!!! those pics look great, your use of brushwork distracts alot from the pic though and makes it look really flat, you should try to smooth them out and flatten them a bit, i recomment reading this page: http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.h tm
there are some points about modeling, light and the flattening of brushwork, this is one of the best tutorials you can find in the internet(in my opinion)
anyways your stuff is great and i cant wait to see more of it!
greetings

Well thank you very very much! And I've seen that tutorial before.. In fact I tried to read it, but... I don't have the patience or attention span to read that. :(

I appreciate the kind words, and the advice. :)

I tried more realism, this one took me a while... ._.

(It's of my girlfriend x] I find her quite beautiful, so I wanted to try and draw/paint? her...)

And yeah, realism isn't that interesting, lol, but I've never really really tried it before. I've played around with it... But haven't comitted to doing a serious picture in realism before. So I thought I'd expand my horizons a tish. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jul. 30th, 2009 @ 08:47 AM Reply

Bump. Here's an old drawing, I re-did in photoshop yesterday because I thought it would be fun..

It's supposed to be my mind. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 12:26 PM Reply

Starcraft fanart... :D

It is pitch black as you leave the aircraft carrier with a slight nudge from the transport guard, almost as if he were pushing you off. You look ahead and can see a lit up marine, and off in the distance a light from a single barracks.

You walk up to the marine, squinting your eyes from the bright halogen lights on his suit. He looks at you, with an almost vacant gaze, and silently points to the barracks, as if he's directing you there.

You ask him "So what are you doing way out here?" to maybe start up a conversation...

Awaiting for a reply, you can notice the blood stains and marks running down various spots on his suit... He doesn't answer your question, but instead leaves you with a new one... "If this port is so safe, why is there blood on his suit......?"

Hopefully it looks pretty good. I wanted to explain the image a little better, so I wrote up a story to help alleviate what might be going on in the image. Hope it helps explain things a bit better. ;)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 8/2/09 12:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

Hopefully it looks pretty good. I wanted to explain the image a little better, so I wrote up a story to help alleviate what might be going on in the image. Hope it helps explain things a bit better. ;)

Here it is without a majority of the lighting effects... Do I over-do my lighting/shadowing? :S

I don't seem to get much of a response, so I'm just curious to see what people think is wrong or off about it. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 8/2/09 12:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Starcraft fanart... :D

DON'T TRUST HIM, HE'S INFECTED!!!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:05 AM Reply

At 8/2/09 02:48 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/2/09 12:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Starcraft fanart... :D
DON'T TRUST HIM, HE'S INFECTED!!!

lol, he just might be. D:

I've decided to remove the gore... for now. But I'm re-doing him and actually trying to digitally "paint" him...

Trying new things, instead of slapping on some highly opaqued black brush-strokes everywhere to shade it...

Probably going to do a lighter background, so that you can clearly see the details and stuff... Any ideas?

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:25 AM Reply

K, I finished it. D:<

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 8th, 2009 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 8/3/09 02:52 PM, threadwood wrote:
At 7/23/09 01:49 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 7/18/09 02:42 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Really like that last piece, good to see you branching out character wise. However I think that it could be cropped down, there's way to much space outside of the character. All the bright fire (particularly at the bottom) is incredibly distracting. The main focus should be the skeleton, he should be the biggest thing there.
Thanks Ben. :) I know there's a lot of space... :( I'm working on adding the band's logo right under the dude, so I reserved space for it... that and the scythe conveniently ends there. So... :D

But yea, just got done with another one.. Hi res is in the portal (recommended...)
Yes, the rain in this one is awesome! I always have trouble making it look like rain, and have tried a million different thinks. The lighting sits really well with this piece, too. Nice!

Baaaaaaaaaw, late reply... But thank you! Glad you enjoyed my rain effects! :D I didn't think the rain would be so complimented when I made that.. :)

Here's a fanart wallpaper of madness combat. Check my profile for hi-res or whatev.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 13th, 2009 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Promptly titled "I hate money."

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 15th, 2009 @ 10:28 PM Reply

Here's a little w.i.p. since I have to go to work, and I really wanna finish it a.s.a.p.

Going through more rough times.....

Oh, I got featured on Krinkels.net, btw. :3

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 17th, 2009 @ 02:20 AM Reply

finished

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 17th, 2009 @ 02:49 AM Reply

Your brush strokes are all over the place. Blend the colours more, so the brush strokes wouldn't be so visible. Otherwise, it looks super messy.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 17th, 2009 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 8/17/09 02:49 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: Your brush strokes are all over the place. Blend the colours more, so the brush strokes wouldn't be so visible. Otherwise, it looks super messy.

lol. Thank you for your honest feedback, yo. Here's two questions concerning it though:

1. How would you suggest I blend colors more?

I'm self taught, and I just go by what I see and through my many trial and errors learn what I know... So I'm not too familiar with widely-known techniques and artist lingo (like Blending, lol). Eh, it's sad, I know. :D

2. It looks super messy as in the coloring? D: Or the lines? Or the perspective? >:

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 17th, 2009 @ 01:03 PM Reply

I'm no expert, but here goes.

At 8/17/09 12:57 PM, Rhunyc wrote: 1. How would you suggest I blend colors more?

Make transitions between colours smoother by using 'inbetween' colours. Like, use some gray strokes between white and black. All that shiznit.

Also use more, and more transparent strokes/brushes.

2. It looks super messy as in the coloring? D: Or the lines? Or the perspective? >:

Colouring, brush strokes.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 17th, 2009 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 8/17/09 01:03 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: I'm no expert, but here goes.

At 8/17/09 12:57 PM, Rhunyc wrote: 1. How would you suggest I blend colors more?
Make transitions between colours smoother by using 'inbetween' colours. Like, use some gray strokes between white and black. All that shiznit.

Also use more, and more transparent strokes/brushes.

Colouring, brush strokes.

Ohhhhhh ok, I got'cha. I was kind of thinking that's what you were talking about (blending). Idk if I'll make an attempt to fix this on up or not, but I definitely keep this sort of information for future works.

Much appreciated, sir. :]

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 10:43 AM Reply

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, Evangelion by Behemoth is inspiring me in quite evil ways... :3

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 12:32 PM Reply

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH.

I'm stopping for today... The way I'm coloring and the way my version of photoshop is set up are totally NOT meshing well... It's taken me 3 hours to do just this... ><

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Aug. 20th, 2009 @ 02:54 PM Reply

still, it looks good so far =]

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Sep. 8th, 2009 @ 07:26 PM Reply

Just farting around... Bein somewhat depressed.

>:

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Meh... Probably won't be able to tell what's goin' on. But eh, it's my art thread.

You don't need to know what's goin' on, only I do.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature