New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 20th, 2014 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 1/19/14 11:03 PM, Luwano wrote: First off, I don't think it's too dark. Secondly, woah these water details! All the little splashes and the dripping water, that's really amazing me. Takes a while just to look and enjoy it all. You even made it look different on different materials. I am impressed even though I always expect a lot from you to begin with. The only thing that bothers me is the ear. The position of the ear to be more precise. I am no anatomy expert, but it looks wrong to me. Of course this is still a great piece of art without any doubt. If I am not too lazy, I will re-use some of this post in a lenghty review soon-ish, so I hope you don't mind it that I might repeat myself.

Aw man thank you! I agree on the ear though, I might correct that tomorrow after work when I get a chance. But thank you, and I don't mind repeat info. :D

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 23rd, 2014 @ 09:48 PM Reply

Starting a giftart of sorts for someone.

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 23rd, 2014 @ 11:01 PM Reply

Here's a crop of some progress on that giftart. Redid his pose a bit, but mainly working on the weird ass angling of the head, I think I've got it looking better.. But not great, more tweaking to be done yet. :>

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 24th, 2014 @ 11:12 PM Reply

Didn't work on Superman today, even though I wanted to. Ended up doing some studyin'.

Warning, nsfw.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 25th, 2014 @ 10:17 PM Reply

LOL BAD CROPPIN SKILLZ ASSEMBLE

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 26th, 2014 @ 12:19 AM Reply

SUPER EMOTIONS

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 26th, 2014 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 1/26/14 12:19 AM, Rhunyc wrote: SUPER EMOTIONS

Needs beard

Haris
Haris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 26th, 2014 @ 12:04 PM Reply

dont cha stop bby

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 28th, 2014 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 1/26/14 12:35 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 1/26/14 12:19 AM, Rhunyc wrote: SUPER EMOTIONS
Needs beard

BEARD?!? He's too super for that.

just kidding
At 1/26/14 12:04 PM, Kuhki wrote: dont cha stop bby

mmk qtpie

Here's another study of a girl, because studies. Too much soft brush. Too little time.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
AntonOxenuk
AntonOxenuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 28th, 2014 @ 01:19 PM Reply

your studies appear to be the best man, keep on practicing :)
my advice would be to completely abandon the soft brush for a while
and keep opacity 50-100% most of the time
that practice helped me a lot, I think it might help you too

hreyas
hreyas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 30th, 2014 @ 01:55 PM Reply

this one's pretty badass

................................................................ .....................................................................................

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 30th, 2014 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 1/28/14 01:19 PM, AntonOxenuk wrote: your studies appear to be the best man, keep on practicing :)
my advice would be to completely abandon the soft brush for a while
and keep opacity 50-100% most of the time
that practice helped me a lot, I think it might help you too

Thanks a bunch for commenting and leaving helpful advice. :) I have a hard time with the hard brushes on opacity 50-100%, because I'm really messy when I paint and I don't leave concise strokes down, and that I'm also terrible at blending my shades with a brush like that, it just takes me forever.

But, regardless, I still tried to do that with this study here, it looks nicer, but it took me 4 hours to do this (there's a lot more that's cropped out, going to submit the whole thing when I'm done). I got hung up on the face, faces are hard.

Anyone else notice how when attempting realistic painting or portraits, that even the slightest thing off can make the face look like someone else??? It's mind-numbingly frustrating for me, but rewarding when I figure out wtf is making it all look so messed up.

At 1/30/14 01:55 PM, hreyas wrote: this one's pretty badass

Thanks guy, I don't know which one you're referring too, but I appreciate the comment regardless. :>

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 31st, 2014 @ 07:38 PM Reply

30 minute sketch, I came up with the idea for a friend and I to do. So basically we pick a song, and send it to eachother, the rule is that we have to listen to the song the person gave us on repeat for 30 minutes and paint to it, to see what comes out or inspires us by the song.

My friend gave me this.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 1st, 2014 @ 10:07 PM Reply

Here's a couple hours of me thinking purple and yellow is cool.

for some reason i'm having deja vu... can't put my finger on why...

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 1st, 2014 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Purple and yellow together is cool. I'm inspired.

At 2/1/14 10:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a couple hours of me thinking purple and yellow is cool.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 10th, 2014 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 2/1/14 11:15 PM, maficmelody wrote: Purple and yellow together is cool. I'm inspired.

At 2/1/14 10:07 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a couple hours of me thinking purple and yellow is cool.

Thanks man, glad it inspired you a bit. :>

Starting up a v-day/anniversary gift for my girlfriend. She loves batman and batgirl is her favorite super heroine, so I'm painting her in a batgirl costume. ;>

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 11th, 2014 @ 11:59 PM Reply

Something dumb

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2014 @ 02:49 AM Reply

More of that girlfriend painting

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2014 @ 02:50 AM Reply

At 2/13/14 02:49 AM, Rhunyc wrote: More of that girlfriend painting

Lol, meant to upload this version but whatever. YOU CAN SEE I FIDDLED WITH THE HANDS.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2014 @ 04:11 AM Reply

PRETTY MUCH DONE WITH THIS, I'm up wayyy too late, seeing as how I have to go to work in 3 hours. But, it was worth it. Tomorrow I'll do some finishing touches and hopefully find some good place to print it at.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2014 @ 10:52 PM Reply

I lied, a few more adjustments later... But there's a couple more things to do and then.... AND THEN I'M DONE. But i'll submit it here soon enough when I can. For now, this'll be the last update I throw in here.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2014 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 2/13/14 10:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I lied, a few more adjustments later... But there's a couple more things to do and then.... AND THEN I'M DONE. But i'll submit it here soon enough when I can. For now, this'll be the last update I throw in here.

After doing some heavy facebook dectectiving (any by detectiving I mean creeping) I can say, yeah, it looks like her :D

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 14th, 2014 @ 12:32 AM Reply

At 2/13/14 11:39 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 2/13/14 10:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I lied, a few more adjustments later... But there's a couple more things to do and then.... AND THEN I'M DONE. But i'll submit it here soon enough when I can. For now, this'll be the last update I throw in here.
After doing some heavy facebook dectectiving (any by detectiving I mean creeping) I can say, yeah, it looks like her :D

Awesome! Haha, dats gooooood! Was a little worried about that, but glad to have a second opinion.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 18th, 2014 @ 06:53 PM Reply

Here's something I'm working on for a different thread on this board.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 20th, 2014 @ 11:29 PM Reply

A demon, because demon.

• Demon
    Demon by Rhunyc

Started this one a few days ago and hated it. Decided to just play with it tonight and have fun on it, embracing the reds I c...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 20th, 2014 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 2/20/14 11:29 PM, Rhunyc wrote: A demon, because demon.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/demon

I am loving that piece man! I think it looks great!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 21st, 2014 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 2/20/14 11:43 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 2/20/14 11:29 PM, Rhunyc wrote: A demon, because demon.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/demon
I am loving that piece man! I think it looks great!

Thanks a lot dude! I appreciate that!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 21st, 2014 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Somethin new

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 22nd, 2014 @ 07:26 PM Reply

NOTHING NEW TO ADD TO MY ART, HOWEVER.

I'm in the process of getting a partner to go to a convention with me to sell my art! It's super exciting stuff that it's actually like *happening* so I thought I would blurt out my excitement somewhere.

I chose here, because at least I feel like nobody will really care.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 22nd, 2014 @ 08:46 PM Reply

That's great! I'll be rooting for you. I've been recently looking into the con circuit too, but I suspect I need a following to make the best of having a table. That's the pessimist in me keeping me back :P

At 2/22/14 07:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: NOTHING NEW TO ADD TO MY ART, HOWEVER.

I'm in the process of getting a partner to go to a convention with me to sell my art! It's super exciting stuff that it's actually like *happening* so I thought I would blurt out my excitement somewhere.

I chose here, because at least I feel like nobody will really care.