Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 11th, 2013 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 11/5/13 07:42 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 10/21/13 10:29 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Also, I can carve pumpkins. This is me and my masterpiece.
Makes me think of the dumb pumpkin from the robot chicken sketch

I SEE THE RESEMBLANCE

• Surface Tension
    Surface Tension by Rhunyc

Here's another fanart of Gordon. What to say? Um... It took me quite a while, just because I kept going back and changing thi...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Did something to do with half-life again. Studyin' colorz

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 09:48 PM Reply

• The Forest is Burning
    The Forest is Burning by Rhunyc

Listening to L'Enfant Sauvage by Gojira, it's such an inspirational record. This is totally what I saw in my mind when I just...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    1 View
    Rated
    Everyone

Here's something blue/orange again. It's the only color scheme I can make sense of really when painting. I see it in other schemes, but for now I'm gonna work on elaborating this a bit more to build up my confidence. I severely lack that nowadays.

However, here's a crop from it:

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 16th, 2013 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 11/16/13 09:48 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
However, here's a crop from it:

lol j/k this is really the crop:

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Dec. 26th, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Here's some before and after stuff from something I just started repainting.

Because fucking piss shit monkey anus.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Dec. 28th, 2013 @ 12:07 AM Reply

DOIN STUFFFF DOIIIIIN STUFFFFFFFFFFF, DEDODOOOOO

I'M DOOOOOOOOOOOOIN........................
.STUFF

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Dec. 28th, 2013 @ 07:15 PM Reply

YEAH I FINISHED IT SO WHAT WANT TO FIGHT ABOUT IT JESUS LEAVE ME ALONE

• resilience
    resilience by Rhunyc

Been working on this painting the last couple of days off and on, just finished it! Hopefully you guys like it, it's of one ...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    1 View
    Rated
    Everyone

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Dec. 30th, 2013 @ 10:09 PM Reply

I'M DOIN ANOTHER SNOW GUY AND YOU GUYS CAN'T STOP ME

HHEUEHUEHUEHUEHUHEUHEUUEHEUHEU

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Dec. 30th, 2013 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 12/30/13 10:09 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I'M DOIN ANOTHER SNOW GUY AND YOU GUYS CAN'T STOP ME

HHEUEHUEHUEHUEHUHEUHEUUEHEUHEU

So I'm trying to work on my uses of shapes and colors to define things. Also working on my saturation and colortones... Like warms and colds for shadowing and lighting.

It turns out that shit really does make a difference and I've been an idiot for pretending it didn't matter for so long.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Dec. 31st, 2013 @ 07:13 PM Reply

I made a store banner for my zazzle store. Going to redo that sonuvabetch.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 6th, 2014 @ 08:08 PM Reply

FINISHED DAT ONE GUY

• Dashing through the snooooow..
    Dashing through the snooooow.. by Rhunyc

In a one h-........ I don't know. :P Here's another repaint of an older painting of mine! The original: http://rhunyc.devi...

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

He was a remake of dis guy.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 7th, 2014 @ 09:53 PM Reply

New dealio.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 8th, 2014 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 1/7/14 09:53 PM, Rhunyc wrote: New dealio.

Trying something other than blue/orange.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 8th, 2014 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 1/8/14 09:46 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Trying something other than blue/orange.

Hey, it's that scene from Terminator 2

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 8th, 2014 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 1/8/14 09:58 PM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 1/8/14 09:46 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Trying something other than blue/orange.
Hey, it's that scene from Terminator 2

Haha, it does look very similar! Totally forgot all about that scene.

Well hot dayum, now I know where to look for some reference material for this shit, what I've done up until this point is all from imagination. Except for the skull, I used a reference for that.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 08:19 AM Reply

At 1/8/14 10:01 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Well hot dayum, now I know where to look for some reference material for this shit, what I've done up until this point is all from imagination. Except for the skull, I used a reference for that.

I always make references to Terminator 2.

Oh wait, you meant a different kind of reference
Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 09:20 AM Reply

At 1/8/14 09:46 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

The new color scheme works really nicely and the blast from the explosion is very convincing.
The upper jaw didn't have enough teeth, so I added some.

Normally human upper jaw has only about 14 teeth and there should only be 7 visible from that angle. Did you reference from a neanderthal skull?

Rhunyc's arts?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 09:54 AM Reply

At 1/9/14 09:20 AM, Nacco wrote:
At 1/8/14 09:46 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
The new color scheme works really nicely and the blast from the explosion is very convincing.
The upper jaw didn't have enough teeth, so I added some.
Normally human upper jaw has only about 14 teeth and there should only be 7 visible from that angle. Did you reference from a neanderthal skull?

Thanks for that dude, I appreciate the time you took to do that, however... The picture you added has 14 on the one side...

Am I missing something? :S

BBS Signature
Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 1/9/14 09:54 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Am I missing something? :S

I was joking. I'm not actually going to spend time on fixing something you made. That's up to you ;)

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 9th, 2014 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 1/9/14 10:49 AM, Nacco wrote:
At 1/9/14 09:54 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Am I missing something? :S
I was joking. I'm not actually going to spend time on fixing something you made. That's up to you ;)

Okay haha, I couldn't tell if you were serious or not. :p I didn't want to offend you by assuming you were. But yeah, I don't normally count teeth haha, it's just too tedious for me spmetimes, when I get closer to finishing I'll probably go back and fix that up. :p When I'm mid painting the little things like number of teeth don't bother me so much. ;D

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 12th, 2014 @ 07:30 PM Reply

• Oblivion Hymns
    Oblivion Hymns by Rhunyc

Title taken from an album with the same name, by Hammock. Very surreal music to listen to while painting! Give it a shot. ;)

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    1 View
    Rated
    Everyone

Finished dat thing

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 13th, 2014 @ 11:53 PM Reply

Doop doop dee doooo, did a couple things today, first off, some basic figure sketches on paper...

Because I don't do that enough

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 13th, 2014 @ 11:54 PM Reply

Secondly, some digital anatomy sketches from imagination, just to see what I can do from what I've learned.

All of them took a total of around 10-15 minutes, each one I just did really quickly and roughly, so I wouldn't get caught up on details or anything.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 16th, 2014 @ 12:35 AM Reply

Startin up a new painterins, thought I would post the initial sketch so you guys can see what it starts from.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 16th, 2014 @ 12:36 AM Reply

Here's about an hour of work later.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 17th, 2014 @ 11:31 PM Reply

MORE

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 1/17/14 11:31 PM, Rhunyc wrote: MORE

I'll just leave this here

Rhunyc's arts?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 18th, 2014 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 1/18/14 12:48 AM, bigjonny13 wrote:
At 1/17/14 11:31 PM, Rhunyc wrote: MORE
I'll just leave this here

Oh jesus. QUIT BEING LINK JONNY!

or keep being link, you could be link if you wanted, i just felt like protesting it for some reason

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 12:30 AM Reply

Ok, this has been fun sharing w.i.p.'s but I'm sorry fellow NGAFers, next one will be the final. CYA WHENEVER THAT HAPPENS

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 09:12 PM Reply

• Taking a breather
    Taking a breather by Rhunyc

Sometimes with being the hero of time and all, it gets a little hard to be strong all the time I'm sure.

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Can't tell if I made it too dark or not, which means I probably made it too dark.

In a few days, weeks, months, or maybe even a couple years, I'll probably go back and fix it.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 1/19/14 09:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhunyc/taking-a-breather
Can't tell if I made it too dark or not, which means I probably made it too dark.

In a few days, weeks, months, or maybe even a couple years, I'll probably go back and fix it.

First off, I don't think it's too dark. Secondly, woah these water details! All the little splashes and the dripping water, that's really amazing me. Takes a while just to look and enjoy it all. You even made it look different on different materials. I am impressed even though I always expect a lot from you to begin with. The only thing that bothers me is the ear. The position of the ear to be more precise. I am no anatomy expert, but it looks wrong to me. Of course this is still a great piece of art without any doubt. If I am not too lazy, I will re-use some of this post in a lenghty review soon-ish, so I hope you don't mind it that I might repeat myself.

BBS Signature