New Topic Respond to this Topic
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 28th, 2009 @ 08:20 PM Reply

i'm with you buddy, can't get anyone to comment/critique on my thread.

I really like that last one you did, not a big fan of your pencil sketches, but i think that's because you use color very well to set a mood, so your fully colored pieces with full environments are alot more interesting.

Also your anatomy could use a little work, i still feel like there's a bit of a "stick figure" vibe coming off of your people, not trying to insult them, they look good, but do you know what i mean? They still seem kind of stick-like

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 28th, 2009 @ 08:22 PM Reply

scratch the stick-like comment, well atleast for your last piece, after looking at it again i think he looks just fine, i would add some smoke coming out of the cigarette though

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 28th, 2009 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 1/28/09 08:22 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: scratch the stick-like comment, well atleast for your last piece, after looking at it again i think he looks just fine, i would add some smoke coming out of the cigarette though

Dude, thank you for the critique! I rarely get any (NG is the first place in a LONG time anyone ever has, on DA everyone's just so "OH THAT'S GOOD" no matter what). :) It's refreshing.

And I think I understand what you mean about the stick-like, like they're not flexible?

But you like my colored ones more? That's cool. :3 I thought I wasn't the best at it, but that gives me a little bit of motivation to keep on coloring. :)

Thanks for that though, I really do appreciate it. :)

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Jan. 28th, 2009 @ 08:39 PM Reply

no problem...you could always you know...return the favor....>-> <-<

if your not to busy that is

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 01:32 PM Reply

luls, I was bored today, so I made myself as a zombi again. But tried more seriously this time. :D

I'll eat your brains.

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 10th, 2009 @ 10:29 PM Reply

not bad, the bits that you drew look pretty sweet, how about a zombie that's completely drawn by you :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 2/10/09 10:29 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: not bad, the bits that you drew look pretty sweet, how about a zombie that's completely drawn by you :-P

lol, thanks. :D And I do! It sucks, but I did it a long time ago. Well, it's just a face anyways.

And yeah, with the photo-manip, I always see these pictures where people turn themselves into a "terminator" type of character... So I tried to make myself a zombie once (my profile picture on this site), but looking back on it I realized it wasn't very realistic... So I thought I'd take a swing at it agian. :P

xD

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 04:24 PM Reply

I'm gonna triple post, cuz I'm a fag. :D

I forgot about this drawing I did about a year and a few months ago. :D For teh swaaarm! ;D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 04:26 PM Reply

Aaaand my 3rd post. I just finished a picture, where I played with dynamic posing a bit. Lemme know if it's fail or not, and if it is, how to fix it or make it better. :)

And I drew a gasmask, cuz I usually suck at those too. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 06:33 PM Reply

third one turned out good, the foreshortening is strange, you can see all of the arms, but it still looks good so it doesn't matter

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
AKS9
AKS9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 13th, 2009 @ 07:49 PM Reply

solace within darkness, the train one and the swarm one are all awesome.
i really like the text that goes with the train one too.
really good job on those first two I mentioned especially, they are really good

velodius.com

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 26th, 2009 @ 09:35 PM Reply

At 2/13/09 07:49 PM, AKS9 wrote: solace within darkness, the train one and the swarm one are all awesome.
i really like the text that goes with the train one too.
really good job on those first two I mentioned especially, they are really good

Thanks :D I'm glad you enjoyed at least a few of my pictures! :) Means a lot to me. :) :)

:third one turned out good, the foreshortening is strange, you can see all of the arms, but it still looks good :so it doesn't matter

And thank you for that. I'm not too great with foreshortening, but at least I'm not a complete failure at it. Haha. :)

But yeah, I got a haircut, so I figure I would re-do my zombi photomanipulation of myself. I think I did a better job with this one. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 26th, 2009 @ 09:36 PM Reply

These are genius.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 26th, 2009 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 2/26/09 09:36 PM, Wivernryder wrote: These are genius.

Lol by "these" you mean all of my art? Or just the zombie pictures? :P

BBS Signature
Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 26th, 2009 @ 09:50 PM Reply

At 2/26/09 09:47 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

I mean all that I have seen so far. All the images on this thread.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Feb. 26th, 2009 @ 10:02 PM Reply

At 2/26/09 09:50 PM, Wivernryder wrote:
At 2/26/09 09:47 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
I mean all that I have seen so far. All the images on this thread.

Oh well thank you! I totally appreciate that sir. :D Glad to hear that you think so! :]

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:59 PM Reply

Meh, here's one I finished a few days ago. I was expecting more of a reaction to it, but... Lol. Never really happened I guess. :D

Couldn't hurt to post it here though?

It's basically about how shitty of a friend I really am. I lose track of my friends and fall out of touch with them. :( It's called "Where'd you go?" And yeah. I wanted to make it more of a life-filled picture, like Captain Ben told me earlier, that a lot of my characters have stick-figure like qualities, I thought I'd try avoiding that with this picture. Hopefully it worked. D:

I dunno if it really did though. And yeah, his sleeve on one arm is lower than the other.. My sleeves do that to me all the time, so I figured I'd throw that in there... I don't know if it makes people think I stretched his arm way the fuck out or not, lol. xD

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:47 PM Reply

this one does look a little more natural, but his left arm shouldn't be behind his back, it's just not possible, the right arm is correct, but the left one looks like his shoulder is on his back

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 3/2/09 03:47 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: this one does look a little more natural, but his left arm shouldn't be behind his back, it's just not possible, the right arm is correct, but the left one looks like his shoulder is on his back

Hmmmm... I think I see what you're saying.

So something like this then?

It looks a lot better, but may I ask why it isn't possible? Not to be inquiring in an offended tone, not at all, I'm just trying to learn a lot of ins-and-outs of all these artsy things on my own. (I'm pure self-taught so...)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:10 PM Reply

that looks much better, the shoulder looks like it could be dropped a little lower though. And and my general rule of thumb for checking anatomy is try and get into the same pose as the character. If it feels awkward or you can't, then something is wrong. How it's drawn originally, the elbow would be behind his body, not in front of it like the other elbow. Try and do the pose yourself, you'll see what i mean ;)

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 3/2/09 05:10 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: that looks much better, the shoulder looks like it could be dropped a little lower though. And and my general rule of thumb for checking anatomy is try and get into the same pose as the character. If it feels awkward or you can't, then something is wrong. How it's drawn originally, the elbow would be behind his body, not in front of it like the other elbow. Try and do the pose yourself, you'll see what i mean ;)

Haha, sweet! Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to use it. I know I try that sort of thing with my hands and arms, but not my whole body. So sweet, I'll for sure try that out in the future. xD Thanks for the crit though, it helps out tons. :D I'm gonna fix it now.

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 12th, 2009 @ 09:42 PM Reply

Well, I did fix that picture, but I didn't want to be all annoying and flood the forum with it. Meh, I have a shitty and small art-kind-of update. It's a self portrait of me. D:

But I failed, for three reasons.

1. Foreshortening sucks. 2. Proportions are way off. and 3. His left hand is backwards.

But, it was way fun, cuz I was in an uber dark mood, and I think this helped show it.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 10:59 AM Reply

Ah, here's a 15 minute sketch of a girl's face.

I did this on break today, and now that I look at it, I realize the cheek should be at more of an angle towards her face... She looks slightly fat, lol.

Meh, but yeah. I had it in my head, so I thought I'd use my hand to make it real, I was more focused on the perspective... I'm trying to nail perspectives I imagine in my head, rather than flatten them, like I normally do. I've found it's hard for me to try and actually DO new things with my skills, whereas I normally repeat the same shit over and over...

It's refreshing. :)

I think I'm gonna go ahead and do more to this in photoshop right now. ;D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:34 PM Reply

Great! you have some real weird sense for art, I like it!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:35 PM Reply

Meh, I turned her into a zombie.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:36 PM Reply

At 3/13/09 12:34 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Great! you have some real weird sense for art, I like it!

Whoah, thanks though! :D I appreciate that way more than you probably think I do...

;D It makes my world go round. <3

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:37 PM Reply

At 3/13/09 12:35 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Meh, I turned her into a zombie.

I like the bloody jaw bone there, great piece!

valiux
valiux
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:39 PM Reply

uuu some really nice and scary art ;) Nice work

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:39 PM Reply

At 3/13/09 12:37 PM, Zyphonee wrote:
At 3/13/09 12:35 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Meh, I turned her into a zombie.
I like the bloody jaw bone there, great piece!

:D :D Thanks!

I thought it added flair. :)

It's much appreciated though!!

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Mar. 13th, 2009 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 3/13/09 12:39 PM, valiux wrote: uuu some really nice and scary art ;) Nice work

Thanks, yo. :D I appreciate it! :)

<3

BBS Signature