New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-02 08:50:30 Reply

At 5/1/11 11:02 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: You might want to draw your arms and legs in sections, rather than drawing them as a whole.

I always draw the part between the shoulders and the elbow (section one) and then the part between the elbow and the wrist (section two). To top it off, I draw the hand. It works well and you can apply this kind of thinking to any part of the human body.

Getting proportions correct has never been easier.

Hmm thank you much for the advice on that.. Yeah the (our) left arm was thrown in there last minute, so it looks a bit wonky in the anatomy. >.> Oh well! :P

I'm gonna have to try that technique out here soon..

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-03 09:14:05 Reply

Bumping to let everyone know I'm in my livestream. :3

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-05 06:12:06 Reply

Here's a concept design

:3

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-06 00:50:42 Reply

At 5/5/11 06:12 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a concept design

It's like a hybrid between an AT-ST and the Gekko from MGS4.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-08 11:10:12 Reply

At 5/6/11 12:50 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 5/5/11 06:12 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's a concept design
It's like a hybrid between an AT-ST and the Gekko from MGS4.

Mmm.. Gekko you say? I don't even know what that is.. lol. I'll have to take a peek and see.

In other news, here's a +1 to my "daybyday" comic strip

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-11 13:14:08 Reply

Boop, just giving an update.. I'mma workin on concepts of characters :)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-12 08:51:05 Reply

Working on my use of colors now.. This one's called "Trying to find you."

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-12 10:49:36 Reply

At 5/12/11 08:51 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Working on my use of colors now.. This one's called "Trying to find you."

Well, she's not inside your arm, that's for sure, so why are you looking in there?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-12 10:55:36 Reply

At 5/12/11 10:49 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 5/12/11 08:51 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Working on my use of colors now.. This one's called "Trying to find you."
Well, she's not inside your arm, that's for sure, so why are you looking in there?

Well I checked all the obvious spots, and I can still feel her.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-12 11:53:05 Reply

At 5/12/11 10:55 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 5/12/11 10:49 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Well I checked all the obvious spots, and I can still feel her.

She's in your left buttock.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-12 12:01:37 Reply

Nice choice of colours, but I have to say that this particular piece does seem to point out a flaw in most of your drawings - you get the light sources and shading downpat, but barely ever seem to refine those shadings, and it looks really, really messy most of the time.

That's pretty much the one thing I can identify in the paintings that could use work, at the moment at least. Otherwise, hey, great work, and congratulations on using some lifelike colours since fuck-knows when!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-13 11:15:31 Reply

At 5/12/11 11:53 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: She's in your left buttock.

Of course! The ONE place I don't bother to check..

wait how'd you kno-... never mind :S
At 5/12/11 12:01 PM, Lintire wrote:
Nice choice of colours, but I have to say that this particular piece does seem to point out a flaw in most of your drawings - you get the light sources and shading downpat, but barely ever seem to refine those shadings, and it looks really, really messy most of the time.

That's pretty much the one thing I can identify in the paintings that could use work, at the moment at least. Otherwise, hey, great work, and congratulations on using some lifelike colours since fuck-knows when!

Thaank you for the helpful response.. And yeah I know I tend to leave em rather messy.. :< It's a bad habit, but as weird as it sounds when I get to the point where I post them, I feel like there's no more refining needed at the time.

Of course after I submit it and let it sink in for a while I look at it and go "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second..." and by that time I just think "Aw fuck it, I'll catch it next time" (cycle repeat)

But I'd like to think I'm slowly but surely getting more and more refined as time passes..

Anywho, here's another one

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-13 11:50:48 Reply

At 5/13/11 11:15 AM, Rhunyc wrote:

It's because your ass was uneven :P

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-13 13:24:04 Reply

At 5/13/11 11:50 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 5/13/11 11:15 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
It's because your ass was uneven :P

Oh well thanks for catching that for me.

And here's something I've been working off and on for like the past 3 weeks. It looked quite flat in retrospect, up until I started my new coloring studying.. With this newfound knowledge, I applied it to the image and I'm quite happy with how it looks. :) I'm not submitting the full version though until later. I have plans for it.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-13 13:30:14 Reply

At 5/13/11 01:24 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 5/13/11 11:50 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It's because your ass was uneven :P
Oh well thanks for catching that for me.

I figured you would have realized since you've been sitting on a slant for the past little while.

I have plans for it.

Oooh, I'm excited ;D

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-15 14:59:46 Reply

Here's something colorful! AGAIN!

And with their almighty power, the Gods tested mankind by throwing a fireball down from the heavens. Man simply replied "Aw fuck."

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-15 15:47:56 Reply

Dude your getting so much better. One of these days you will be up there with "keepwalking" i just know it. =]

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-16 00:35:35 Reply

At 5/15/11 03:47 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Dude your getting so much better. One of these days you will be up there with "keepwalking" i just know it. =]

Definitely. I can see him do high quality pieces like them. I'd like to see that.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-16 05:38:02 Reply

So right now I'm at work and on my phone otherwise I'd quote reply, but I just wanted to thank you both for that. :D It's very gratifying to receive comments like that, so thank you. :) I appreciate that.

BBS Signature
niiicckkmaheeya
niiicckkmaheeya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-18 00:50:29 Reply

I'm enjoying what I am seeing. I suggest you keep working on the rendering. You've really got some good stuff going on. Try learning some ways to blend your strokes.

Check out my full body of work at: Nicholas Mejia - Illustrator

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-18 04:56:05 Reply

I love all your stuff, Rhunyc! Can't wait for more!

==I LOVE YOU. EBOLA-CHAN! GOOD LUCK, EBOLA-CHAN! WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, EBOLA-CHAN!==

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-21 13:26:55 Reply

At 5/18/11 12:50 AM, niiicckkmaheeya wrote: I'm enjoying what I am seeing. I suggest you keep working on the rendering. You've really got some good stuff going on. Try learning some ways to blend your strokes.

Thanks :3 And I'm slowly trying to get better at that.. >< It's very time consuming stuff (the act of blending my strokes), the way I do it.. I'm gonna have to find a better technique or something because how I do it doesn't really work lol

At 5/18/11 04:56 AM, Sevkat wrote: I love all your stuff, Rhunyc! Can't wait for more!

Weeee! Thank you :D

With this pic my main objective was to incorporate a 2-point perspective in my image.. I just started looking at how to use perspectives (weird, yeah..). Prior to this image, I've had no real set way of doing my backgrounds, it was all free-form :)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-24 16:05:53 Reply

Here's a dude jumping through an explosion.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-24 16:10:08 Reply

At 5/21/11 01:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote: With this pic my main objective was to incorporate a 2-point perspective in my image.. I just started looking at how to use perspectives (weird, yeah..). Prior to this image, I've had no real set way of doing my backgrounds, it was all free-form :)

Not bad for a beginners' look at perspective :P
The blood does not seem to be following the same perspective though; you might wanna tweak that a bit.

The explosion looks great :D

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-24 17:01:00 Reply

At 5/24/11 04:10 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Not bad for a beginners' look at perspective :P
The blood does not seem to be following the same perspective though; you might wanna tweak that a bit.

The explosion looks great :D

Thanks! but as far as I'm aware I didn't add any blood :P

It's all just fire behind him :)

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-24 17:24:08 Reply

At 5/24/11 05:01 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks! but as far as I'm aware I didn't add any blood :P

I mean in the perspective picture :P

FINE. Pic.

Rhunyc's arts?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-25 04:00:59 Reply

At 5/24/11 05:24 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 5/24/11 05:01 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks! but as far as I'm aware I didn't add any blood :P

I mean in the perspective picture :P
FINE. Pic.

OHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah you're right. :P I kinda threw that in last minute and thought it'd add character.. >.> I tried to get it to look good but after a little bit I just got fed up and said "this isn't even that good of a pic anyways" and just decided I was finished. :P

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-26 02:45:49 Reply

Aaaand here's that animal you requested :D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-26 15:34:57 Reply

At 5/26/11 02:45 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Aaaand here's that animal you requested :D

Well I never expected to see something like that from you. Really cool!
God, I can't stop staring and giggling at it!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at? A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-26 20:06:20 Reply

At 5/26/11 03:34 PM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 5/26/11 02:45 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Aaaand here's that animal you requested :D
Well I never expected to see something like that from you. Really cool!
God, I can't stop staring and giggling at it!

In other news, I heard painting stills from movies is a good idea and always wanted to try it. So I did. Tron's a pretty cool guy, eh throws disks and doesn't afraid of anything

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature