New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-13 14:25:56 Reply

At 4/7/11 04:48 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: awesome dude keep it up!

Thanks!

also, this is a useless bump with no art.
I guess it's kind of useful to notify everyone that I changed my signature :D

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-13 16:27:08 Reply

And here's a worthwhile bump.

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-16 13:44:45 Reply

And here's something else.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-16 13:59:21 Reply

How long you draw the noses look kinda wacky on what are otherwise realistic looking characters.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-16 14:02:12 Reply

At 4/16/11 01:59 PM, M-Vero wrote: How long you draw the noses look kinda wacky on what are otherwise realistic looking characters.

Long nose you say? I thought it looked fine.. but that's probably because I just stare at his face so long it just looks normal to me. ._.

Idk, it's kind of been a lot of me drawing me in my images lately, sort of a personal deal I guess.. I think I have a longer nose myself so I guess that might be why.. >>

BUT, lemme shorten that guy up a bit..

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-16 14:06:19 Reply

Better? o.o'

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-16 14:17:19 Reply

Very

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-16 14:24:58 Reply

At 4/16/11 02:17 PM, M-Vero wrote: Very

Awesome. Kind of crazy how it doesn't take much for a nose to look either good or too long/short. Urf, I just need to draw some more faces I guess and practice my nose lengths.. I guess I just gung-ho it every time. lol

BBS Signature
Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-19 20:14:01 Reply

At 1/12/11 03:33 PM, Rhunyc wrote: FINISHED THE BIATCH

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/rhuny c/hank-plus-ar15

Rhunyc, stop being fucking awesome. Seriously, it's not fair.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 10:19:41 Reply

At 4/19/11 08:14 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote:

Well I thank you much for you constant critique and advice.. It's appreciated!! :D

I'm also streaming on livestream right now.. Warning, I'm playing my own music so you can hear it, so if you hate it, just mute it. I'm just gonna chat with text. :)

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 11:48:49 Reply

Here's a w.i.p. of something I'm working on.. ON LIVESTREAM!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Anyways, come check it out or something. >.>' I mean, if ya want.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Chameneon
Chameneon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 11:49:30 Reply

I am watching and its awesome! You should really check it out!

Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 15:09:54 Reply

At 4/20/11 10:19 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 4/19/11 08:14 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote:

Well I thank you much for you constant critique and advice.. It's appreciated!! :D

Aww, I don't have an account so I can't type stuff on your live stream chat box. Ah well.

Btw, I'm one of the guys who were just in time for the boring part.

I'm also streaming on livestream right now.. Warning, I'm playing my own music so you can hear it, so if you hate it, just mute it. I'm just gonna chat with text. :)
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 15:19:26 Reply

It's finished!

Thanks for stopping in you two. :) It was nice of you. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Chameneon
Chameneon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 15:20:55 Reply

No problem, I will definitely check it out next time also. It was really interesting and turned out great!
All my five points go to this! :)

:You are awesome!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 16:03:44 Reply

Lol since I didn't wanna quit streaming cuz I had 5 viewers, they suggested I draw a cyborg pirate ninja eating a lollipop.. I didn' tknow how to throw the cyborg part in, so I just did a pirate ninja eating a lollipop..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Chameneon
Chameneon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 16:05:19 Reply

Looks really nice!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 16:12:07 Reply

Aaaaaaaaaaand Chameneon wanted me to draw my reaper guy with a mustache that went to the floor.. So I obliged. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Chameneon
Chameneon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 16:13:00 Reply

LOL

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-20 16:13:58 Reply

At 4/20/11 04:08 PM, Larkatosa wrote:
At 4/20/11 04:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Lol since I didn't wanna quit streaming cuz I had 5 viewers, they suggested I draw a cyborg pirate ninja eating a lollipop.. I didn' tknow how to throw the cyborg part in, so I just did a pirate ninja eating a lollipop..
You should have made a cyborg eye .. I am disappoint. :C

Lol, looks cool though :P
How long did this thing take? (just curious)

Mmm however long the time difference between the posts.. But I'd say like 15-20 minutes??

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 00:03:41 Reply

Eeeee here's something that isn't madness, done for a band.. idk if they'll take it or not though, I just finished, so we'll see lols

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 00:26:39 Reply

At 4/27/11 12:03 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Eeeee here's something that isn't madness, done for a band.. idk if they'll take it or not though, I just finished, so we'll see lols

That's pretty cool, but I don't know, don't look a lot like your style, I would even dare to say it reminds me of Shadman's style.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 00:33:35 Reply

At 4/27/11 12:26 AM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 4/27/11 12:03 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Eeeee here's something that isn't madness, done for a band.. idk if they'll take it or not though, I just finished, so we'll see lols
That's pretty cool, but I don't know, don't look a lot like your style, I would even dare to say it reminds me of Shadman's style.

Eeee, I kind of thought that's what people were going to think. As I was finishing it, I realized that it resembles something Shadman would do. >_> I think it's the fact that I played with (I don't know if this is what you'd call it, but I'll call it this anyways) "character dynamics. " Normally I do one character.. But in this I tried to make the characters different from eachother in a way you could notice.

I totally didn't intend it, lol, but it just came out that way I suppose.. :/

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 00:36:17 Reply

At 4/27/11 12:33 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Eeee, I kind of thought that's what people were going to think.

Meh, I don't see the Shad in this. Besides, you predate Shadman, so, if anything, HE resembles YOU.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 00:42:39 Reply

At 4/27/11 12:36 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/27/11 12:33 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Eeee, I kind of thought that's what people were going to think.
Meh, I don't see the Shad in this. Besides, you predate Shadman, so, if anything, HE resembles YOU.

Ah, as far as join date, yeah.. But I think his style predates him joining the site, lol. :P Anyways, I'm ok with not arguing about this. Shadman, if you're reading this, I <3 you! ;D

:)

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 00:57:28 Reply

At 4/27/11 12:33 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Eeee, I kind of thought that's what people were going to think. As I was finishing it, I realized that it resembles something Shadman would do. >_> I think it's the fact that I played with (I don't know if this is what you'd call it, but I'll call it this anyways) "character dynamics. " Normally I do one character.. But in this I tried to make the characters different from eachother in a way you could notice.

Hmm, I think it reminds me of him because of it's sloppiness (no offence) and how you drew some things, specially the car, the pines and the guy at the left., but it still has those grey tones that you use a lot. Too cartoonish? Maybe I just have to lurk your stuff more :(

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 05:10:10 Reply

At 4/27/11 12:57 AM, MasterMerol wrote:
At 4/27/11 12:33 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Eeee, I kind of thought that's what people were going to think. As I was finishing it, I realized that it resembles something Shadman would do. >_> I think it's the fact that I played with (I don't know if this is what you'd call it, but I'll call it this anyways) "character dynamics. " Normally I do one character.. But in this I tried to make the characters different from eachother in a way you could notice.

Hmm, I think it reminds me of him because of it's sloppiness (no offence) and how you drew some things, specially the car, the pines and the guy at the left., but it still has those grey tones that you use a lot. Too cartoonish? Maybe I just have to lurk your stuff more :(

Ahhh yeah, that's another reason why I thought it kind of did too, it was just hard to explain. :P

Here's something else for the aforementioned band. The earlier picture was too literal I guess, seeing as how their name is "The Dead and Their Weapons" I guess I can agree with that. So he gave me a bit of a description of something and this is what I came up with.

Waitin to see if it's good or not. xD

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Chameneon
Chameneon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 05:56:35 Reply

Wow this is pretty cool rhunyc!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-27 06:05:30 Reply

At 4/27/11 05:56 AM, Chameneon wrote: Wow this is pretty cool rhunyc!

Thank you! :D

They're gonna use both images I guess :3 so yay! The guy also invited me to be a part of the "Real Earth" family, for the Real Earth record company. So I get to do arts and contribute to it.. Weee! :D

Upon an agreement, we decided that giving him another arm and adding something in the background would give it a more "human" feel along with a desolate one as well. So I did. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-05-01 23:02:13 Reply

You might want to draw your arms and legs in sections, rather than drawing them as a whole.

I always draw the part between the shoulders and the elbow (section one) and then the part between the elbow and the wrist (section two). To top it off, I draw the hand. It works well and you can apply this kind of thinking to any part of the human body.

Getting proportions correct has never been easier.