New Topic Respond to this Topic
JessePants
JessePants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-26 11:58:41 Reply

At 10/21/08 04:39 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Well, here's another one I did a while ago. I have a morbid kind-of style, so watch out?

This one I did while listening to Job For a Cowboy, Behemoth, and Nine Inch Nails. :)

(And yeah, I don't get a lot of crit on dA, so I'm kinda expanding my feedback horizons, I guess.)

this one is my fave

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013
If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-26 12:08:32 Reply

At 11/26/08 11:58 AM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: this one is my fave

Awesome! Glad you like it! :D

Thanks for letting me know!

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-26 12:12:44 Reply

At 11/26/08 12:08 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 11/26/08 11:58 AM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: this one is my fave
Awesome! Glad you like it! :D

Thanks for letting me know!

no prob

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-30 10:54:34 Reply

Meep, here's a drawing I did a while back. I drew it when I was uber depressed, if you can't tell already.

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-30 12:41:39 Reply

Meh, just posting another old one out of complete boredom. :) This one I did over a year ago, and it's of a Viking! I think I was listening to Amon Amarth. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Daniel094
Daniel094
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-30 14:17:05 Reply

Wow!.. Nice drawings..
Congratulations Rhunyc, you arereally good..

you have a style so.. DEATH.. but I like em! good job!
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-30 18:37:53 Reply

At 11/30/08 02:17 PM, Daniel094 wrote: Wow!.. Nice drawings..
Congratulations Rhunyc, you arereally good..

you have a style so.. DEATH.. but I like em! good job!

Cool beans! Thanks sir! :D I appreciate them. :]

BBS Signature
Drakenyaze
Drakenyaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-11-30 19:49:54 Reply

wow man you got allot of cool drawing in here good job on them all

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 07:37:50 Reply

At 11/30/08 07:49 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: wow man you got allot of cool drawing in here good job on them all

Thank you sir. :D Glad you think so!!

Here's two character sketches I pooped out the other day, for a Flash animation idea I got going. They're simplistic because simplistic is easier in Flash I've found. xD

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 07:39:42 Reply

Oh, and here's another character idea I had going. I was kind of aiming for the whole creepy mask salesmen in the Zelda universe idea. 'Cept this guy sells guns. And in this picture, he's got a "Holy" gun. :)

;D

(Since my camera phone has bad quality, the speech bubble says "Would you care to purchase a holy gun?")

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 07:43:01 Reply

One last post for me this morning, I've got to go to bed here. z_Z'

I added more to the doodle up above today at work! :D

I'm going for a more futuristic world, where it's dominated by an unknown species of alien who plant giant citadels across the planet to monitor and keep tabs on human life/motives. YES, Half-Life universe-ish all the way, babeh. :) :)

BETCHA DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMIN NOW DID YA!?!

;P

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
JessePants
JessePants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 14:17:51 Reply

At 11/30/08 10:54 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Meep, here's a drawing I did a while back. I drew it when I was uber depressed, if you can't tell already.

not bad man

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 15:56:54 Reply

At 12/1/08 02:17 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote:
At 11/30/08 10:54 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Meep, here's a drawing I did a while back. I drew it when I was uber depressed, if you can't tell already.
not bad man

Hey thanks, glad you're still digging it!

And yeah. I'm attempting the 100 theme challenge list thing I found on dA a long time ago. Check my latest news post for some info. I'm gonna start posting them in here. :) So, yeah. Watch out for some crappy art fo practice.

Feel free to C&C, just know that it's supposed to be messy and fun, just for practice. :) Mostly speed stuff. :) (Unless I feel compelled and really like the subject, then I may do a good job. xD)

Here's #1! Introduction.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 15:59:04 Reply

Oh, and lemme know if the coloring looks like crap... I'm doing my art on an HDTV monitor, and I've noticed it likes to make things a bit darker than they should be. Lemme know if things look darker?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-01 16:21:38 Reply

Wee!! #2, Love.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Aveyron
Aveyron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-07 06:15:36 Reply

Shit man you didn't waste anytime!!! I'll try to have my first 3 up this coming week, I'm just so fuckin busy right now I barely have time to freakin doodle!!! FUCK ME RUNNIN!!! nice work though.

Straight Up,
Aveyron!!!

Aveyron
Aveyron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-07 06:17:43 Reply

Shit man you didn't waste anytime!!! I'll try to have my first 3 up this coming week, I'm just so fuckin busy right now I barely have time to freakin doodle!!! FUCK ME RUNNIN!!! nice work though.

Straight Up,
Aveyron!!!

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-07 17:56:16 Reply

Back with #3.

And thanks! xD Yeah. I've been kinda taking a break from art. But I think I'm gonna kick it back into motion... I found a great inspiration.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-07 18:05:57 Reply

$3 is Light, btw. Sorry. xD

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-08 16:57:49 Reply

I added more to my sketch at work. :O

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-10 10:48:35 Reply

#4, dark.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-10 10:51:13 Reply

Oh, and I doodled a hobo the other day at work. xD

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-29 14:42:18 Reply

It's been a while, but I've been workin on stuffs. I just did an entry for a Silent Hill contest on deviantART, and this is it.

What it represents:
Depression.

Description:
The creature represents depression through the means of it's birth, actually. What the creature itself is, is the fleshy body in-between the halved-human. How it reaches the state of depression is through tearing the human itself in half (much like depression does in a non-literal sense) and feeds on both halves as one with each mouth. Another eerie representation of depression comes from the head it holds. The head seems to live and react to situations, but mainly the look on it's face is that of complete sadness. You can also hear the creature coming because an audible "sobbing" sound can be heard coming from said head. Also, it seemingly never stops crying blood.

This creature can usually be found within hospital corridors. The creation of it is unknown, but since it's dwelling never changes, it's greatly speculated that it was some sort of medical misshap. Some believe it was a cancer-cure gone terribly wrong. The creature has 4 arms with hands and two with blades. It uses the blades to sever a human being in half, and uses two hands to grab the bottom half, and the other two for the top half. It has two mouths, that the arms feed the limp bodies into, and lives off the blood of human beings.

The head itself, no one really knows where it comes from, but it's always of the same morbid face, so, many believe that it's a "portrait" of the original creator.

Without a human feeding source, this creature is known to be extremely deadly, as it is on the prowl for human blood. It will attack and attempt to sever any human life-form it sees. Although, when feeding off a human, it tries to stay alone and out of sight, for fear of losing it's life-source. It will attack if threatened or approached in any way.

Some have seen this creature and lived to tell about it, and have noted that if approached slowly and carefully, it will not react. When within a reasonable distance, the sobbing can be made out to phrases of deep sadness. "Please... Leave me... Leave me now... I don't deserve... I have nothing... It's best for you to go...." are some examples of what they might say.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
RadioactiveRabies
RadioactiveRabies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-29 14:49:21 Reply

Wow, thats some imagination youve got there. Nice colouring, the proportions are a bit off, that arm holding the head would break off, but youve captured the feeling allright.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2008-12-29 15:06:52 Reply

At 12/29/08 02:42 PM, Rhunyc wrote: It's been a while, but I've been workin on stuffs. I just did an entry for a Silent Hill contest on deviantART, and this is it.

Woah, dark, I like it :D

What program did you do this in?

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-01-02 16:33:56 Reply

At 12/29/08 02:49 PM, RadioactiveRabies wrote: Wow, thats some imagination youve got there. Nice colouring, the proportions are a bit off, that arm holding the head would break off, but youve captured the feeling allright.

Thank you! :) And I know the arm is way skinny holding the head, I kind of wanted to add this creepier effect to it, I guess. Like, to me, skinny limbs freak me out, heh, so I thought I'd throw at least one there, but you're probably right, it'd break off. :P Thanks for the comment, none-the-less!

At 12/29/08 03:06 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 12/29/08 02:42 PM, Rhunyc wrote: It's been a while, but I've been workin on stuffs. I just did an entry for a Silent Hill contest on deviantART, and this is it.
Woah, dark, I like it :D

What program did you do this in?

Thanks sir! And I did this all in photoshop with a tablet, actually. :) I appreciate the comment. :]

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-01-14 17:34:47 Reply

Updating randomly with a W.I.P. I've got going, it's of a rogue guardian angel. :)

Things I need to fix yet, yep. The legs, hand, and wings still need to be fixed up some. :) And he's gonna be sitting on a cloud, so that's why he's just floating mid-air.

But yep. Just proving I've been up to shit. lol.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-01-18 15:56:34 Reply

What the eff? No replies? C'MON!

No, actually, jk. I wouldn't blame ya. xD

Anywho, here's that angel picture all finished up. You can see all the details HERE!

:) It's of a rogue guardian angel. No real description, just kind of wanted to bring a personality to a character through one image only.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-01-28 18:31:51 Reply

Here's #5 on the list.

Seeking Solace.

:3

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-01-28 18:45:03 Reply

:(

I feel so alone.

lol.

>_>

BBS Signature