bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 07:24 PM Reply

At 10/16/10 07:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks man.. Now that you point it out, his left arm does look a little bit long.. >< Hopefully it's not too terrible though. D:

Well, longer arms do make it easier to pass beer to your friends.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Oct. 16th, 2010 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 10/16/10 07:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks man.. Now that you point it out, his left arm does look a little bit long.. >< Hopefully it's not too terrible though. D:

Honestly, wouldn't even be noticeable if it weren't for the awkward positioning. Anyway, love the piece, the colours, and the small details - as jonny said, the reaper being one of the favourites. Nice take on the homeless, and certainly much more original then a fanpiece, and classically your style.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Oct. 19th, 2010 @ 02:07 PM Reply

At 10/16/10 07:24 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Well, longer arms do make it easier to pass beer to your friends.

Great point, I now no longer regret making his arm a bit longer. :)

At 10/16/10 07:25 PM, Lintire wrote: Honestly, wouldn't even be noticeable if it weren't for the awkward positioning. Anyway, love the piece, the colours, and the small details - as jonny said, the reaper being one of the favourites. Nice take on the homeless, and certainly much more original then a fanpiece, and classically your style.

I like the usage of the word "classically".. It fit nicely. :D Sorry, I wanted to point that out. But thanks for the nice words sir, I appreciate that. :D

Here's some gore from a picture I'm working on..

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Oct. 19th, 2010 @ 04:16 PM Reply

Oh hay I finished it guyz.

Rhunyc's arts?

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 5th, 2010 @ 12:16 AM Reply

made something else..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 8th, 2010 @ 09:17 PM Reply

Makin' stuff look nicer..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 09:34 PM Reply

At 11/8/10 09:17 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Makin' stuff look nicer..

You spelled "unknown" wrong.
Moving on, I like the hair. And the (air?) tank (over his left shoulder)
Looking nice; I'm assuming you have, or are making, more character sheets?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 11/9/10 09:34 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 11/8/10 09:17 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Makin' stuff look nicer..
You spelled "unknown" wrong.
Moving on, I like the hair. And the (air?) tank (over his left shoulder)
Looking nice; I'm assuming you have, or are making, more character sheets?

Lawls I did spell that wrong.. Thanks for pointing that out. I'da been upset if that's all you would've pointed out, so thanks for that. :P

Aaaand nope. That's the only one I've done and plan on doing right now. I just wanted to give it a more professional and finished feel - sometimes I look at stuff I've already done and go "Wow, I know I can make that look better now.." and so I figured "what the fuck, it's my art, might as well make it look better if I can.. Everyone else could do it, so why can't I?"

Instead of just thinking "oh.. people'll get bored of seeing the same images more than once.." And then I realize.. Oh yeah, nobody really cares about my art lol. ^____^

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 10:05 PM Reply

At 11/9/10 09:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Lawls I did spell that wrong.. Thanks for pointing that out. I'da been upset if that's all you would've pointed out, so thanks for that. :P
Instead of just thinking "oh.. people'll get bored of seeing the same images more than once.." And then I realize.. Oh yeah, nobody really cares about my art lol. ^____^

D: I care! I care so much that I... that I... that I make sure your grammar is right! Lol :3
Yeah, I was gonna leave it at only the spelling, but I don't really consider that part of the "art." I was going to try and leave something constrictive about the piece, but it looks pretty good just as it is. Compliments don't hurt either! :D

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 9th, 2010 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 11/9/10 10:05 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Compliments don't hurt either! :D

I agree.. Thank you :3 most appreciated

Here's a new picatur from meh..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 07:28 AM Reply

You have the art of having Reapers look kickass downpat, man. The guy just seems to emanate foreboding,

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 10th, 2010 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 11/9/10 11:04 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 11/9/10 10:05 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Compliments don't hurt either! :D
I agree.. Thank you :3 most appreciated

Here's a new picatur from meh..

Looks very cool. Its very obviously a presentation of death, but still is a bit different from the standard, which is good. One thing I would have changed is the black stuff at the bottom and sides; the way it rises along the sides of the drawing makes the character itself look pretty small; less intimidating. I think it would come out better if you didnt have it at the sides but just at the bottom.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 11th, 2010 @ 12:56 AM Reply

Thanks guys for the nice words.. I appreciate that! :D

Here's another reaper doodle paint.. They're so much fun to draw..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 06:18 PM Reply

bamp with a wip

bought the kingbastard cd, so I had to make SOMETHING while listening to it... Probably nap time right now, so I'll come back to it at a later time and date and make it look way better and finish stuff..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Eh, I changed my mind on the whole sleep bit.. I just wanted to keep working on it, so I did. Maybe it was a bad decision.. Who knows..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 11/13/10 07:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Eh, I changed my mind on the whole sleep bit.. I just wanted to keep working on it, so I did. Maybe it was a bad decision.. Who knows..

I don't really like the colors all that much... Maybe make them brighter or something, compared to the harsh contrasts of the black and white it looks too muted.

every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 16th, 2010 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 11/13/10 07:36 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 11/13/10 07:19 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Eh, I changed my mind on the whole sleep bit.. I just wanted to keep working on it, so I did. Maybe it was a bad decision.. Who knows..
I don't really like the colors all that much... Maybe make them brighter or something, compared to the harsh contrasts of the black and white it looks too muted.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. :) I agreed with you and decided I wanted to make things look way nicer.. Hopefully this looks a bit more finished.

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 16th, 2010 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 11/16/10 11:33 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks for the wonderful feedback. :) I agreed with you and decided I wanted to make things look way nicer.. Hopefully this looks a bit more finished.

Very nice work there. I know there is an amazing explanation behind this picture but it seems that I can't get it. Explain?

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 16th, 2010 @ 11:41 PM Reply

At 11/16/10 11:36 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 11/16/10 11:33 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks for the wonderful feedback. :) I agreed with you and decided I wanted to make things look way nicer.. Hopefully this looks a bit more finished.
Very nice work there. I know there is an amazing explanation behind this picture but it seems that I can't get it. Explain?

Listen to this to know exactly what this picture is about. :)

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 19th, 2010 @ 11:24 PM Reply

I'm not fuckin' around

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 19th, 2010 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 11/19/10 11:24 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I'm not fuckin' around

That's embarrassing

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 12:53 AM Reply

At 11/19/10 11:27 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
That's embarrassing

How did you know I ride bears?

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 12:56 AM Reply

At 11/20/10 12:53 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/19/10 11:27 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
That's embarrassing
How did you know I ride bears?

Well I was thinking to myself... If I were Big Jonny as a kid, and i needed to get to school... How would I do that?

At first I thought "walk..?" and then my brain kicked my ass and said "no bitch, he'd ride a bear, you stupid idiot"

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 01:03 AM Reply

At 11/20/10 12:56 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Well I was thinking to myself... If I were Big Jonny as a kid, and i needed to get to school... How would I do that?
At first I thought "walk..?" and then my brain kicked my ass and said "no bitch, he'd ride a bear, you stupid idiot"

That's fucking poetic man :')

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 20th, 2010 @ 08:35 AM Reply

so, this bear walk into a bar right? and everybody there is all scared of course; most of em manage to get away, but two of them are mauled to death...

like my joke?
Blame ben.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 23rd, 2010 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 11/20/10 01:03 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
That's fucking poetic man :')

POETRY IN MOTION! Sorry.. That's the first thing that came to my mind as a response to this.

At 11/20/10 08:35 AM, J-qb wrote: so, this bear walk into a bar right? and everybody there is all scared of course; most of em manage to get away, but two of them are mauled to death...
like my joke?
Blame ben.

I don't understand the joke... :<

I'm pretty retarded though, so it's all good.

HERE'S ANOTHER PICTURE

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 26th, 2010 @ 10:08 PM Reply

Looking great as always Rhunyc. Your style has improved since the last time I saw your work, but I can say that it still has that familiar touch I've come to expect. It's even a little nostalgic, seeing your stuff again.

I also want to say that I also enjoy seeing this post-apocalyptic frozen world theme. Really great stuff in here.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 11/26/10 10:08 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: Looking great as always Rhunyc. Your style has improved since the last time I saw your work, but I can say that it still has that familiar touch I've come to expect. It's even a little nostalgic, seeing your stuff again.

I also want to say that I also enjoy seeing this post-apocalyptic frozen world theme. Really great stuff in here.

Hey man, thanks a bunch for taking the time to stop by, take a look, and leave a comment. :) :)

Here's a +1 for the post-apocalyptic frozen world theme. ;) Well, in wip form anways..

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Rhunyc's arts? Nov. 28th, 2010 @ 09:19 PM Reply

BAM

Rhunyc's arts?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor