00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hypnoshaven just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,560 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 21:38:18

You could like, simulate wrestling bears with a sentient pillow filled to the brim with bricks or something. I mean, not everyone has bears on standby - I myself have no bears at all.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-30 21:19:38

At 9/20/10 09:38 PM, Lintire wrote: You could like, simulate wrestling bears with a sentient pillow filled to the brim with bricks or something. I mean, not everyone has bears on standby - I myself have no bears at all.

I'll borrow ya a few..

Image dump 1/2

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-30 21:21:17

lolers

Image dump 2/2

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-30 22:09:16

At 9/30/10 09:21 PM, Rhunyc wrote: lolers
Image dump 2/2

Oh my god, it's the human-hydralisk!

Coming to a movie theater near you.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-30 22:18:05

At 9/30/10 10:09 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/30/10 09:21 PM, Rhunyc wrote: lolers
Image dump 2/2
Oh my god, it's the human-hydralisk!
Coming to a movie theater near you.

Luls, yeah.. It's pretty much the bastard child of a hyrdralisk raep experiment.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-30 23:50:21

That's the sort of bastard child I'd make friends with :3

Anyone, great perspective on the first on and nice concept with the second - even if it does look a little illusory in looks versus practicality. Nice image dump, either way.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 19:51:50

At 9/30/10 11:50 PM, Lintire wrote: That's the sort of bastard child I'd make friends with :3

Anyone, great perspective on the first on and nice concept with the second - even if it does look a little illusory in looks versus practicality. Nice image dump, either way.

Thanks, I appreciate the nice words. :3

'Nother image dump of two images which really doesn't qualify as a 'dump' to me, but eh whatever.. Imma cool guy an i dont fraid of nething

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 19:53:35

the 2nd

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 19:55:32

At 10/4/10 07:53 PM, Rhunyc wrote: the 2nd

I love how the writing slowly gets smaller and fades away XD

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 19:58:04

Oh yeah, and I drew some hands.

No scanner or camera, so webcam pic will HAVE to do... :<

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 19:59:35

At 10/4/10 07:55 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/4/10 07:53 PM, Rhunyc wrote: the 2nd
I love how the writing slowly gets smaller and fades away XD

luls, yeah.. I don't like writing with my tablet, but it feels sooo lame to add text in.. :/

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 20:07:45

At 10/4/10 07:58 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Oh yeah, and I drew some hands.

you know, theres a check box in the Manycam interface that will get rid of that watermark for ya.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 21:56:02

At 10/4/10 08:07 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/4/10 07:58 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Oh yeah, and I drew some hands.

you know, theres a check box in the Manycam interface that will get rid of that watermark for ya.

Thanks for the awesome comment on my art, ass.

JUST KIDDING, Thanks for the handy dandy tip! :P

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-04 22:11:04

At 10/4/10 09:56 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 10/4/10 08:07 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: you know, theres a check box in the Manycam interface that will get rid of that watermark for ya.

Well fine, asshole, be that way!
Here I am, a fellow artist, JUST TRYING TO HELP! Gawsh!

But hey, now, if you take more webcam pics, you can see that 1/16 of the pic <--- AWESOME COMMENT ON UR ART :3

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 15:24:05

At 10/4/10 10:11 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/4/10 09:56 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 10/4/10 08:07 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: you know, theres a check box in the Manycam interface that will get rid of that watermark for ya.
Well fine, asshole, be that way!
Here I am, a fellow artist, JUST TRYING TO HELP! Gawsh!

But hey, now, if you take more webcam pics, you can see that 1/16 of the pic <--- AWESOME COMMENT ON UR ART :3

LULS...

Anyways. General question to the public here.

Is it wrong or stupid to take a step back, look at your art you've made in the past year or two and compare it to that of another, and realize you're going backwards in comparison? Because I do this a LOT and that always seems to be the result I get. >:

How the fuck do you not give a shit about your overall progress compared to that of others and just focus on your love for art?

I realize talking out of line like this will probably win me negative internets, but whatever.. I never get off what sits on my chest, so I might as well try.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 15:42:44

At 10/5/10 03:24 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Is it wrong or stupid to take a step back, look at your art you've made in the past year or two and compare it to that of another, and realize you're going backwards in comparison? Because I do this a LOT and that always seems to be the result I get. >:( <-- lol i added parentheses

personally, i tend not to do this. not because i think its wrong or stupid, but because im lazy. personally, i accept that others may have/have not made more progress than me and try to focus on MY art instead of sulking at what others have done/can do.

How the fuck do you not give a shit about your overall progress compared to that of others and just focus on your love for art?

i do care about my overall progress, i really do. i know that i havent made leaps and bounds, but every little thing counts.
maybe, if you really think you "arent improving" (which, in my opinion, you are getting better every time) you should try to do something thats out of your usual spectrum. i dont want to go as far as saying to do lineart (the horror!), although it might be fun to try, but do something you dont usually see in your art. perhaps something robot-related, space-y, or bright and happy? i like your art as it is, but if you experiment, you might find something else you might enjoy, and it might help you "improve" :)

I realize talking out of line like this will probably win me negative internets, but whatever.. I never get off what sits on my chest, so I might as well try.

fuck negative internets.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 15:47:21

At 10/5/10 03:24 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
Anyways. General question to the public here.

Is it wrong or stupid to take a step back, look at your art you've made in the past year or two and compare it to that of another, and realize you're going backwards in comparison? Because I do this a LOT and that always seems to be the result I get. >:

That seems pretty normal for the artist to think that sometimes because they themselves can be the biggest critics. Sometimes when I look at some of my earlier drawings compared to my newer things I sometimes think maybe my work has gotten a little simpler compared to before because like in the beginning here .I used to focus very highly on Details rather than refining everything else as like some of older doodles done in the past they were alot more unsure and shakey as to where they were going. Before I coming across "draw your character under my Style" and making requests. I Was doing alot more creative stuff under my own time?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 19:03:19

At 10/5/10 03:42 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: ...fuck negative internets.

Bah, thanks for the advice.. I appreciate that. It's just so difficult for me to see some kid that was like 4-5 years younger than me, just graduate highschool.. Looking at her online art portfolio, she's like leaps and bounds better than I. >< Feels bad man.

At 10/5/10 03:47 PM, argile wrote: That seems pretty normal...

Thanks to you too for letting me know what's up. It's always nice to hear from someone. :)

TAKING ADVICE FROM KAKASHI, BEHOLD, I HAVE DONE SOMETHING DIFFERENT

it's pretty fucking gay

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 19:17:05

At 10/5/10 07:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
Bah, thanks for the advice.. I appreciate that. It's just so difficult for me to see some kid that was like 4-5 years younger than me, just graduate highschool.. Looking at her online art portfolio, she's like leaps and bounds better than I. >< Feels bad man.

At 10/5/10 03:47 PM, argile wrote: That seems pretty normal...
Thanks to you too for letting me know what's up. It's always nice to hear from someone. :)

No problem Someday I would like to add some more meaning and sense to my vocabulary so that in a way it can be taken seriously.
Now Don't take this seriously but when when you look at someone's art who was more better than yours astronomically do you feel so bad that you want to tear up ? :p it shouldn't be to much to worry about the other people out there because like anyone else there always someone better or worser than you ,You just have to keep practicing that is if your still interested enough to persue it.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 19:20:38

At 10/5/10 07:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote: TAKING ADVICE FROM KAKASHI, BEHOLD, I HAVE DONE SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Rhunyc goes to Canada?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-05 21:13:59

At 10/5/10 07:20 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/5/10 07:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote: TAKING ADVICE FROM KAKASHI, BEHOLD, I HAVE DONE SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Rhunyc goes to Canada?

he reminds me of Ornery

have you been stalking him? O.o if so, joing the club. theres, like, 5 of us.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-06 08:05:20

At 10/5/10 07:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

It does suck to see someone younger then you make all the right moves and come out with better everything, but everything gets to that stage sometime and you do have to focus on the art else that primeval want that everyone seems to have (that is, to be the best) will pretty much tear your interest in art to pieces. But eventually, you do realize that the only way is forward and while this kid may have better everything, the only consequence that will happen by brooding on their art is knowing is that you've stumbled across of the million that will always inevitably be better then you.

Most people in general reach that stage in life at one point or another, so don't beat yourself up for it. Just, well, concentrate on that next piece or the like.

Also, like the latest piece. Shows good foreground detail and the overall mood is settling.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 17:01:26

Well, I have thought long and hard over everyones words here, and I thank you for the advice. It helps a lot.

I've just started working on art.. Going yet again back to how I used to make images.. Hopefully I can keep my originality going for quite a while instead of just foolishly whipping out fanart.. xD

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 17:40:20

Oh my god FFFFFFfffffffffff When I came to newgrounds when I was 10 or 12 or something i don't remember, BUT THIS WAS THE FIRST ART THREAD I CLICKED ON.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 17:45:04

At 10/16/10 05:40 PM, DukenukemALT wrote: Oh my god FFFFFFfffffffffff When I came to newgrounds when I was 10 or 12 or something i don't remember, BUT THIS WAS THE FIRST ART THREAD I CLICKED ON.

._. lol srsly?

...In that case...

Have I improved since you last looked?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 17:48:33

At 10/16/10 05:45 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 10/16/10 05:40 PM, DukenukemALT wrote: Oh my god FFFFFFfffffffffff When I came to newgrounds when I was 10 or 12 or something i don't remember, BUT THIS WAS THE FIRST ART THREAD I CLICKED ON.
._. lol srsly?

...In that case...

YES, YOU HAVE ALOT.
I mean most people probably wouldn't see that much improvement but I see TONS.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 18:01:01

At 10/16/10 05:48 PM, DukenukemALT wrote:
At 10/16/10 05:45 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
._. lol srsly?

...In that case...

YES, YOU HAVE ALOT.
I mean most people probably wouldn't see that much improvement but I see TONS.

Wow thanks. :3 That's so nice to hear..!

Means a lot that you'd take the time to let me know. :)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 19:05:38

I finished it. :)

And it's nice too, because I found out photoshop when I save it, it makes the contrast shittier than it really is.. So I fixed it up a bit so it looks like how I paint it finally... EXPECT HIGHER QUALITY IMAGES NOW THAT I REALIZE THIS STUPID FACT.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 19:08:14

At 10/16/10 07:05 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I finished it. :)

Classic Rhunyc: dark and dreary.
Other than the fact the guy on the floor has a left arm like Stretch Armstrong, a good piece.
I especially like the reaper in the shadows.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-10-16 19:19:57

At 10/16/10 07:08 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/16/10 07:05 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I finished it. :)
Classic Rhunyc: dark and dreary.
Other than the fact the guy on the floor has a left arm like Stretch Armstrong, a good piece.
I especially like the reaper in the shadows.

Thanks man.. Now that you point it out, his left arm does look a little bit long.. >< Hopefully it's not too terrible though. D: