00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,663 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-11 01:04:17

'Nother 20 min speedpaint.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-11 01:07:49

wierd square brush makes that one look wierd, like pixelated or badly shopped in, its still good just looks wierd, your getting good at this speedpainting and your still getting good detail in the small time

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-11 01:35:31

At 7/11/10 01:07 AM, Ashman wrote: wierd square brush makes that one look wierd, like pixelated or badly shopped in, its still good just looks wierd, your getting good at this speedpainting and your still getting good detail in the small time

Thanks Ashman. :) And yeah, I know.. It does look kinda strange. Eh, its all good though, I'm just tryin out new brushes as I do these things. I have a friend on facebook who posts daily sketches and stuff, and he uses a similar rectangular brush (I think his is set differently than mine...), and it adds a really cool effect to his doodles. I think I hafta tweak mine, either that or I'm using the wrong one. xD

Here's another 20 min. speed paint. (in honor of robot day :P)

They're quite fun, because it's challenging, productive, and quick. :) It makes me think of an idea for an image, sketch it out, and try to make it as good as I can in 20 min.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-11 03:22:37

You're a real fan of speedpainting, aren't you? I myself can't really do pictures without like 2 prior sketch layers and planning, so I'm going to pin my complete deficit in speedpainting on lack of experience.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-11 10:42:38

At 7/6/10 10:09 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

This was a little different from some of regular stuff I've seen from you in it's nature.You actually made something cute other than real and distopic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-15 20:08:24

At 7/11/10 03:22 AM, Lintire wrote: You're a real fan of speedpainting, aren't you? I myself can't really do pictures without like 2 prior sketch layers and planning, so I'm going to pin my complete deficit in speedpainting on lack of experience.

You should try it sometime.. It's real fun.

Speaking of which, here's another one. This time it took 30 minutes... D:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-16 22:29:35

Blegh, here's something..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-19 21:33:00

Here's another speedpaint, didn't record the time, but I'd say about 30 min.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-20 05:09:16

The difference between the first two speedpaints is clearly pronounced - you'veclearly improved the picture defining it, adding detail and all. How long did improving it take, jsut for lulz?

Third one, great for 30 minutes, but if you used a brush for the background, you might want to improve your flow.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-20 05:18:57

At 7/19/10 09:33 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's another speedpaint, didn't record the time, but I'd say about 30 min.

I like your drawings, and love that you make so many. However, I have noticed a recurring problem in your art, flatness. All your drawings seem really flat to me; im not exactly sure why this is, but Ill have a try:
- You use a lot of white backgrounds; which means the white in your drawing (highlights) won`t stand out; I suggest taking a grey background and then darken/lighten from there.
- You use a lot of white in your drawings; intuitively you would say this increases volume; but I think in your case it doesnt. I only use white for absolute highlights, to make them really stand out that extra bit. For other light areas I use a shade of grey.
The same goes for black; only use pure black for the absolute darkest areas; otherwise just use grey.

I hope this helps. As I said, I dont know if it will, but I suggest you give it a try.
Keep it up!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-20 17:05:19

At 7/20/10 05:09 AM, Lintire wrote: The difference between the first two speedpaints is clearly pronounced - you'veclearly improved the picture defining it, adding detail and all. How long did improving it take, jsut for lulz?

Third one, great for 30 minutes, but if you used a brush for the background, you might want to improve your flow.

Thanks for the tip, hey. :) And it took around like 2 hours, lol. When I try and get nitpicky, it takes me forever... :/ Cuz I find I go over the same spots repetitively to make sure I get it to look right... Or what I believe to be right at the time (usually I look back and think "fuck, that looks bad").

At 7/20/10 05:18 AM, J-qb wrote: I like your drawings, and love that you make so many. However, I have noticed a recurring problem in your art, flatness. All your drawings seem really flat to me; im not exactly sure why this is, but Ill have a try:
- You use a lot of white backgrounds; which means the white in your drawing (highlights) won`t stand out; I suggest taking a grey background and then darken/lighten from there.
- You use a lot of white in your drawings; intuitively you would say this increases volume; but I think in your case it doesnt. I only use white for absolute highlights, to make them really stand out that extra bit. For other light areas I use a shade of grey.
The same goes for black; only use pure black for the absolute darkest areas; otherwise just use grey.

I hope this helps. As I said, I dont know if it will, but I suggest you give it a try.
Keep it up!

Thanks a lot for the tip, super glad you pointed that out to me, I didn't realize it made such a huge difference. :) But, I tried. Maybe not enough in this picture now that I look at it, but while I painted it, it felt right.

It took roughly 40 min:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-20 18:15:34

I was going to recommend using a mid grey background but i see J-qb has beaten me to it, I second that you should stay clear of using pure white until you start adding the brightest possible highlights to your image.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-20 18:45:53

At 7/20/10 06:15 PM, Ne7ers wrote: I was going to recommend using a mid grey background but i see J-qb has beaten me to it, I second that you should stay clear of using pure white until you start adding the brightest possible highlights to your image.

Thanks for the comment man, I appreciate it. I'm already seeing why that's a good idea, haha.

I finalized the picture :)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-20 18:50:43

At 7/20/10 05:05 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Thanks a lot for the tip, super glad you pointed that out to me, I didn't realize it made such a huge difference. :) But, I tried. Maybe not enough in this picture now that I look at it, but while I painted it, it felt right.

Glad I helped :)

It took roughly 40 min:

Even more glad I beat ne7ers to it :D

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-27 18:04:43

Watch out guys, this one's BROOTAL

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-07-27 20:08:14

Here's something else...

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-09 22:32:48

here's something else else

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-10 00:33:04

At 8/9/10 10:32 PM, Rhunyc wrote: here's something else else

I was wondering if you were gonna bump your thread.... and you didn't disappoint!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-13 00:57:41

At 8/10/10 12:33 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/9/10 10:32 PM, Rhunyc wrote: here's something else else
I was wondering if you were gonna bump your thread.... and you didn't disappoint!

:D Yay! hopefully this keeps the non-disappointment rate up...

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-13 02:36:33

Well, Rhyunc, I've commented on your work many a-time, stating how awesome it is, and whatnot, but never been quite able to express exactly how I've felt about your art thread. With my newfound skills in creating shitty MS-Paint comics 9been doing MOUNTAINS of these things in general) I'm finally able to tell you EXACTLY what I think of your art.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-13 07:47:16

At 8/13/10 12:57 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
D Yay! hopefully this keeps the non-disappointment rate up...

Lol, it's an astronaut in a swimming pool.

It's funny because astronauts train for space in swimming pools.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-24 16:58:51

At 8/13/10 02:36 AM, Lintire wrote: Well, Rhyunc, I've commented on your work many a-time, stating how awesome it is, and whatnot, but never been quite able to express exactly how I've felt about your art thread. With my newfound skills in creating shitty MS-Paint comics 9been doing MOUNTAINS of these things in general) I'm finally able to tell you EXACTLY what I think of your art.

Haha, that's awesome. Thanks for the support. :D

At 8/13/10 07:47 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 8/13/10 12:57 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
D Yay! hopefully this keeps the non-disappointment rate up...
Lol, it's an astronaut in a swimming pool.
It's funny because astronauts train for space in swimming pools.

:D I didn't know that! Well damn, it has some relevance to itself.

In other news, I did a fun meme, just for fun... :3

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-24 17:10:29

too much freeman for one pic lol does look like a fun meme though..one of the better ones out there

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-08-24 22:41:34

At 8/24/10 04:58 PM, Rhunyc wrote: In other news, I did a fun meme, just for fun... :3

Definitely need a pokeball.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 18:12:03

I'm too annoyed by a lot of things.. Perhaps it's my aggression coming out from trying to quit addictive substances..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 18:26:17

At 9/20/10 06:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I'm too annoyed by a lot of things.. Perhaps it's my aggression coming out from trying to quit addictive substances..

Like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

I tried once. It was hell.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 18:33:02

At 9/20/10 06:26 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/20/10 06:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I'm too annoyed by a lot of things.. Perhaps it's my aggression coming out from trying to quit addictive substances..
Like freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.
I tried once. It was hell.

Yeahh... it's actually not terrible right now, but I'm sure this increased aggression has something to do with it.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 18:40:02

At 9/20/10 06:33 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Yeahh... it's actually not terrible right now, but I'm sure this increased aggression has something to do with it.

You know what the best thing to do with increased aggression is?
Wrestle bears.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 18:44:23

At 9/20/10 06:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/20/10 06:33 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Yeahh... it's actually not terrible right now, but I'm sure this increased aggression has something to do with it.
Wrestle bears.

I'm gonna go find a bear, brb.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2010-09-20 20:16:15

At 9/20/10 06:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Wrestle bears.

Misagi would love that. (im pretty sure his favorite band is "i wrestled a bear once." [IWABO])